• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARSEnal****

Cant' he just outpace Dawson in that same direction? Or knock it past him and beat him for pace in that direction?

There's no way I'd leave Dawson against Gnabry or Walcott in that situation. Giroud? Not a problem, but not one of those two.

If Walker drops back into the position he should be (detailed in my first post) and he outpaces Dawson there is no danger. He's running across the pitch. If he out paces him in that direction and Walker does what is right then he runs straight into Walker, Carzola only makes his run in off the line because he sees the space Walker has left by being pulled towards the ball.

Can noone else see that if Walker does this at the time when the ball is played to Gnarby(tucks in when the ball is on his opposite side like a good fullback should);

1.JPG

Then we have no issue?

Can noone else see that if Walker does this at the time when the ball is played to Gnarby(tucks in when the ball is on his opposite side like a good fullback should);

View attachment 1785

Then we have no issue?

I can see what you mean but Walker's first 3 steps in the gif are towards Rosicky in the centre, as he can see Rosicky making it 3 vs 3... then he goes towards Gnabry on the ball, and only then does he go to Cazorla so he is going towards each threat rather than tracking straight back and then facing up play once he is in position.

It is fairly typical of us though, streaming back all over the shop with players having options to pick holes through us... we are open like this a few times per game but because this one happened to result in a goal people are obsessing about it.

Tbh the shot was straight at the centre of goal so had it been one of our attacks I feel sure the keeper would have saved it with his own face, such is our luck in front of goal.

Walker at fault 100% for Cazorla's goal..caught ball watching and left his man totally unmarked for the goal... Danny Rose's gaffe was way worse though and should be dropped imo and Benni should be brought back !

So as Walker you'd leave Dawson against a quick dribbler of the ball, running at pace towards goal?

Dawson needed cover there. Either Lennon needed to track back faster to allow Walker in or we needed a DM to drop and provide extra cover.

Dawson is a defender why should he need cover 1 on 1? he is running pretty much straight at him and Walker covering obviously didn't help did it?

end of the day if Walker had his man that goal would not have happened.

Walker at fault 100% for Cazorla's goal..caught ball watching and left his man totally unmarked for the goal... Danny Rose's gaffe was way worse though and should be dropped imo and Benni should be brought back !

Yes because he doesn't attempt the same trick in silly positions does he?

I can see what you mean but Walker's first 3 steps in the gif are towards Rosicky in the centre, as he can see Rosicky making it 3 vs 3... then he goes towards Gnabry on the ball, and only then does he go to Cazorla so he is going towards each threat rather than tracking straight back and then facing up play once he is in position.

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or arguing but the bit in bold is exactly what he should have done, but didn't.

Rosicky is not a major threat when he goes towards him as he's in centre mid about 50 yards from goal. Bentelab is there and should be getting a call from someone (Walker or someone else) to pick him up. When he goes to Gnarby he's not the major threat due to the fact that Dawson has already closed him down. Cazorla is the main threat. I don't understand how anyone can see it another way. I agree Dawson and Chiriches didn't make the best job of it but the majority of the blame falls with Walker, it has to. He was the only one in the back four totally out of position and he actually takes hiimself more out of position as the move progresses.

So as Walker you'd leave Dawson against a quick dribbler of the ball, running at pace towards goal?

Dawson needed cover there. Either Lennon needed to track back faster to allow Walker in or we needed a DM to drop and provide extra cover.

For me, Walker has done this a fair few times this season…had to cover…for me, given where he was throughout the development of the move, Daws has to stay deeper and cover ACROSS instead of half pushing up, finding he cannot get to Gnarby, and then finding he actually cannot get to anyone!

Rose does have another option - to pass his man off to Chiriches and then loop around the back of our defence to be a free 'presser' wherever required (as long as we're not trying to play offside).

The one thing he shouldn't do is pass his man off to Chiriches and then stand there marking space.

Agreed and another reason we need to do better in this position for me...

Well at least those 2 Tottenham supporting stretcher bearers can laugh about it now... hopefully those ****s who pelted them with coins are kept out of the game for at least as long as Wal**** [-X

Theo Walcott carriers pelted by coins are Tottenham supporters | Football | The Guardian
Two of the ambulance workers pelted by coins and projectiles thrown by Tottenham Hotspur fans at Arsenal on Saturday are Spurs fans, it has emerged.

Theo Walcott, who will be out for six months and will now miss the World Cup after damaging an anterior cruciate ligament, was singled out by a section of the away support as he was taken off on a stretcher after injuring knee ligaments in the FA Cup victory at the Emirates Stadium and responded by making a gesture to signal the 2-0 scoreline. In response, fans threw missiles without realising that two of the stretcher-bearers, Daniel Ahmed and Anthony Archer, are Spurs fans.

The Football Association confirmed that it will not take any action against Walcott as his gesture was not offensive. His team-mate, Jack Wheelchair, was banned for two matches last month after he reacted to verbal abuse from a section of Emirates Marketing Project fans by making an offensive hand gesture at them.

However, the FA reminded Walcott of his responsibilities and said that it will investigate the conduct of both sets of supporters.

A post on Facebook from Archer suggested that Ahmed had suffered a concussion after being hit by a coin as he helped carry Walcott off, although it was not clear whether that was a serious or a light-hearted comment.

Archer and Ahmed work for the London Ambulance Service but were hired by Arsenal for the match. Photos were posted of them on Facebook helping off Walcott and the pair joked with friends about the incident on the social networking site. Neither Ahmed nor Archer were available for comment.

Ahmed appeared to take the incident in good humour, posting under one photo: "Little does he [Walcott] know he has a Leeds fan and TWO spurs fans protecting him. We truly are professionals." When asked by a friend why neither of them were smiling in the photo, Ahmed replied: "We were being Pelted by coins!!! It hurts!!" Archer later posted under the photo: "Can't believe our own fans!! Dan gets concussion and I end up with a dodgy knee! Cheers Theo!"

An FA statement said: "The FA has contacted Arsenal and Tottenham to seek their observations in relation to objects being thrown from both a home and away section of the crowd at different times during Saturday's FA Cup tie.

"The FA condemns any such acts and will liaise with both clubs and the Metropolitan Police to identify those responsible and support the strongest sanctions available, including life bans.

"Meanwhile, in relation to the same fixture, The FA has contacted Arsenal's Theo Walcott and reminded him of his responsibilities regarding a 'scoreline' gesture he made in front of away supporters during the game.

"The FA will not be taking any further disciplinary action."

This rivalry goes deeper than Hatred/Loathing.......

And the media really love fanning the flames.....

To me this is the best derby in the world......I really hope we can have our day against them soon.....But if I could give one message to Spurs fans that really sinks home its this........

Love Spurs more than you Hate the Arsenal.

This rivalry goes deeper than Hatred/Loathing.......

And the media really love fanning the flames.....

To me this is the best derby in the world......I really hope we can have our day against them soon.....But if I could give one message to Spurs fans that really sinks home its this........

Love Spurs more than you Hate the Arsenal.

from my observation through the years, i believe that wenger and the club deliberately plays up the rivalry in order to create a siege mentality internally. almost feels like a systematic indoctrination, from the way young players seem to be encouraged by the club to express themselves in the public space. have to say they do it very well - treading that thin line without ever crossing it. you see this a lot with the young ones - whats baffling for me is to see the young foreign players too getting into this rivalry at a very young age, before even experiencing any real matches against us. I don't mind the rivalry, but its edging towards tribalism, whichcan be as bad as racism at times.

Back