• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Watford***

Doesn't sound like Pochettino does it? Not saying it's not a good strategy, but there are others.

Focus on what our players can do. What is possible in the given circumstances. Focus on our game, match them our best them for intensity, get enough strong players on the pitch to not get bullied out of the game, but most importantly focus on what we can do better than Watford.

I don't think we can out whinge Watford, but if we can get our intensity and aggression at the right level we should be able to out football them. Use our skills to the best of our ability and play as well as we can.

I think long term that's the better focus. Add in a sprinkling of pressure on the referee from Pochettino if he thinks it can work. The Capoue tackle last round provides a good opportunity. But that's not what the players should focus on.
I'm not sure we have enough strong players to not get bullied. We're not put together the way Watford are, but their main tactic is essentially cheating. If the referee is on his game then he levels out the physical side, if he's not I think going toe to toe in that sense will only see us fail.

We certainly should be looking to out football them, we can do that to 99%+ of the teams in world football. But if the ref lets them cheat us out of playing football, we won't be able to.

I'm not sure we have enough strong players to not get bullied. We're not put together the way Watford are, but their main tactic is essentially cheating. If the referee is on his game then he levels out the physical side, if he's not I think going toe to toe in that sense will only see us fail.

We certainly should be looking to out football them, we can do that to 99%+ of the teams in world football. But if the ref lets them cheat us out of playing football, we won't be able to.
We will probably start 5-6, maybe even 7 of Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Rose/Davies, Dier, Dembele and Kane. Moura has shown good upper body strength, Alli is no stranger to getting stuck in.

We don't have to match them physically all over the pitch all the time. Just be physical enough to not get bullied out of playing our game.

I actually think this would be a good game for Winks, if he's nearing good fitness levels and doing well in training. Reasonably strong physically and will add the passing tempo to play through some pressure. Possibly with a back three to get Sanchez in there for the physical stuff. Either that or get Eriksen and Alli box to box to get that passing tempo shortly deeper in midfield, with Dier as the lone dm.

Could, not should.

Just as we could have easily been ahead, penalty and Alli chances etc.

This, of course Lukaku should have scored but there was not anymore real chances where they could/should have.

I think some are taking Poch's words to seriously ( imo) for me he is just making sure that all the players do not become complacent after three straight wins.

This, of course Lukaku should have scored but there was not anymore real chances where they could/should have.

I think some are taking Poch's words to seriously ( imo) for me he is just making sure that all the players do not become complacent after three straight wins.
He was interviewed on Soccer AM and he again said the same thing, it wasn’t just about negating player complacency. He said we conceded chances too easily in the first half, you could tell he wasn’t just saying this for effect and was being dead serious....

When has he let us down?

FA Cup semi last year. Jumped straight over Herrera's shot, and generally looked shaky.

Other than that, can't remember another time, really. He's dependable - not great, isn't going to pull miracle saves out of thin air, but he's usually reasonably solid.

I certainly remember Vorm's sharpness and great footwork saving our hides two season's ago in the home game vs Liverpool....I also agree that i think Hugo would probably have done better for that Herrera shot in the semi-final in April.

My main worry for Vorm would be how he handles Watford's physicality from set-pieces, i'd defintely want Hugo for that brick.

Regardless, he's a very good stand-in and hopefully the rest of the team make us forget Hugo isn't playing...

I not saying he has let us down, I just dont feel confident when he plays, but I hope hes on song.
I'm a bit worried when he has to play instead of Hugo. Then after the game I realise there was nothing to worry about:)

What I will add, is the in built anxiety I get when Hugo has the ball at his feet evaporates with Vorm.

I'm a bit worried when he has to play instead of Hugo. Then after the game I realise there was nothing to worry about:)

What I will add, is the in built anxiety I get when Hugo has the ball at his feet evaporates with Vorm.
I think the difference between Lloris and Vorm is that Vorm does the simple/standard goalkeeping things well and without fuss, whereas Lloris has the ability to be a match winner making saves you don’t expect him to (but also has the odd fudge up in him)....

After the erection inducing away win over ManU, we need to continue our winning form to stay in touch with the teams above us in the league. We have a chance to move into first place if we win by at least 3 goals against Watford. But Watford will not be easy as they have started the season with 3 wins as well. We do have a good record against Watford, winning 10 and drawing 3 of our last 13 matches against them in all competitions. We need to make use of our good record to beat Watford and stay in the title race.

Kane and Moura have been in good goal scoring form so far. It is great to see Kane overcoming his jinx and scoring 2 goals in August. Let's hope Kane can continue his goal scoring run in this match. Similiarly, Moura has scored 3 goals so far. We need more inspiration from Moura to help us beat Watford. We also need others like Alli and Eriksen to be more clinical in front of goal. Wish Lamela will be fully fit for this match as his creativity and work rate will be usefull against teams like Watford.

We seem to have many options in midfield now with injured players returning. But we need to find the right combination in midfield. No doubt, Dembele and Wanyama is our best partnership in midfield. But with Wanyama still struggling with injuries, we need to rely on Dier to help us in midfield. Dier has done well so far this season. Let's hope Dembele and Dier will have a good match against Watford.

Our defence did well to keep the clean sheet against ManU. It was great to see Vertonghen and Alderweireld at their best against ManU. We will need both of them to continue their good form against Watford. It is disappointing Lloris will be out injured for this match. Still not very convinced of Vorm in goal for us. Will prefer Gazzaniga to start in goal instead. But if Vorm does starts in goal, let's hope he will have an error-free match.

It is important to win this match as we will face 2 tough matches against Liverpool and Inter next. Watford will make it tough for us. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Watford and stay in touch in the title race.

After the erection inducing away win over ManU, we need to continue our winning form to stay in touch with the teams above us in the league. We have a chance to move into first place if we win by at least 3 goals against Watford. But Watford will not be easy as they have started the season with 3 wins as well. We do have a good record against Watford, winning 10 and drawing 3 of our last 13 matches against them in all competitions. We need to make use of our good record to beat Watford and stay in the title race.

Kane and Moura have been in good goal scoring form so far. It is great to see Kane overcoming his jinx and scoring 2 goals in August. Let's hope Kane can continue his goal scoring run in this match. Similiarly, Moura has scored 3 goals so far. We need more inspiration from Moura to help us beat Watford. We also need others like Alli and Eriksen to be more clinical in front of goal. Wish Lamela will be fully fit for this match as his creativity and work rate will be usefull against teams like Watford.

We seem to have many options in midfield now with injured players returning. But we need to find the right combination in midfield. No doubt, Dembele and Wanyama is our best partnership in midfield. But with Wanyama still struggling with injuries, we need to rely on Dier to help us in midfield. Dier has done well so far this season. Let's hope Dembele and Dier will have a good match against Watford.

Our defence did well to keep the clean sheet against ManU. It was great to see Vertonghen and Alderweireld at their best against ManU. We will need both of them to continue their good form against Watford. It is disappointing Lloris will be out injured for this match. Still not very convinced of Vorm in goal for us. Will prefer Gazzaniga to start in goal instead. But if Vorm does starts in goal, let's hope he will have an error-free match.

It is important to win this match as we will face 2 tough matches against Liverpool and Inter next. Watford will make it tough for us. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and meteorology to beat Watford and stay in touch in the title race.

Good stuff...

The way I see it we have pumped extremely hard to ensure three wins but as ever an initial hard thrust will not be enough...

The premier league is a marathon lady who likes to throw up a variety of challenges...she must be cared for but treated differently on occasions in order to be satisfied.

In that respect it's constant wd40 application to the hips as we roll up at vicarage road in order to pump...pump pump action pump and then pump again.

Poch and the boys need our unwavering support in this journey... good job our away fans are the best in the land!

Coys

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our players fully fit for this match. With us playing away against Watford, it is going to be another tense match. Remember, we only drew 1-1 at Watford last season. We need to do much better by winning this match. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win over Watford to move into top place in the league.

Back