• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Watford***

I suspect we might go back to a 3 at the back and have more bodies in midfield; Watford will try and rough us up and i think having the strength of Alderwiereld AND Sanchez could be crucial.
A shame Wanyama is missing for this tbh, but Dier's physical attributes will also be crucial.
However, if Poch did start that team it would be very interesting to see how we'd get on

I agree, I think we might go 3 at the back for this one. Maybe Dembele won't start. 3 at the back and a diamond midfield?

--------------------vorm? (Lloris if he makes it)
---------toby-----sanchez-----vert
trippier------------dier----------------davies
-------------eriksen-------dele
-------------------moura
--------------------kane

I expect another rough ride at Watford. They kicked lumps out of us last season and will do the same this season. Hopefullly the ref will get a grip of the game early doors.

I agree, I think we might go 3 at the back for this one. Maybe Dembele won't start. 3 at the back and a diamond midfield?

--------------------vorm? (Lloris if he makes it)
---------toby-----sanchez-----vert
trippier------------dier----------------davies
-------------eriksen-------dele
-------------------moura
--------------------kane

Thats the line-up I expect

Brilliant from Poch:

“If we’re not ready and we believe because we beat Man Utd 3-0 all is fantastic, we're going to crash. After a historic win, it’s easy to say our performance was fantastic.... But if you watch the game the line was thin, between positive & negative.”

Keep them sharp Mauricio!
It’s not just about saying it to keep them on their toes, it’s actually true. We should have easily been behind at half time and it would have been a different game altogether. Fantastic comments from Poch....

I expect another rough ride at Watford. They kicked lumps out of us last season and will do the same this season. Hopefullly the ref will get a grip of the game early doors.
This is where Poch and the players need to be a bit more smart.

Poch needs to be making a big deal in his press conferences about how he expects Watford to be physical and foul us all over the pitch. He needs to say very publicly that he hopes the referee doesn't ruin the game by failing to reprimand their players early on. He needs to get pressure on the referee and move the focus onto him and his performance.

Then first foul of the match (it will be within the first 20 seconds if we have the ball) the players need to be outraged at the horror tackles that are flying in from them. Make sure the ref is still under pressure. Fans need to do the same.

If we do that we'll walk the game. Without the ability to be physical they're a league one side.

Finally!

Now we have the appeased the Gods with this OMT, I feel they have no choice but to reward us with a 3-0 victory.

brick, do we have any Badger pics in this thread?

COYS

Poch needs to be making a big deal in his press conferences about how he expects Watford to be physical and foul us all over the pitch. He needs to say very publicly that he hopes the referee doesn't ruin the game by failing to reprimand their players early on. He needs to get pressure on the referee and move the focus onto him and his performance.

Then first foul of the match (it will be within the first 20 seconds if we have the ball) the players need to be outraged at the horror tackles that are flying in from them. Make sure the ref is still under pressure. Fans need to do the same.

If we do that we'll walk the game. Without the ability to be physical they're a league one side.

This x10

We are still far to nice as a team, get in the refs face early.

Moan, whinge and bitch all game - make a big issue after every foul.

Doesn't sound like Pochettino does it? Not saying it's not a good strategy, but there are others.

Focus on what our players can do. What is possible in the given circumstances. Focus on our game, match them our best them for intensity, get enough strong players on the pitch to not get bullied out of the game, but most importantly focus on what we can do better than Watford.

I don't think we can out whinge Watford, but if we can get our intensity and aggression at the right level we should be able to out football them. Use our skills to the best of our ability and play as well as we can.

I think long term that's the better focus. Add in a sprinkling of pressure on the referee from Pochettino if he thinks it can work. The Capoue tackle last round provides a good opportunity. But that's not what the players should focus on.

I have never believed in saying you are worried about getting kicked, it sends the wrong message to the players, and weak refs won't change just because you say it. Focus on what we need to do to win. I don't want Spurs to be like Woolwich, United, Liverpool and Chelsea with players crowding the ref and waving imaginary cards at them, it's just an other form of cheating.

Well if they do same as against Palace you’re right - within the first minute Capoue did a horrific challenge on Zaha that should have been a red. Unbelievable a player can get away with that just because the red saw the tackle....

Well if they do same as against Palace you’re right - within the first minute Capoue did a horrific challenge on Zaha that should have been a red. Unbelievable a player can get away with that just because the red saw the tackle....

He has got away with it as he got booked
It was a straight red and should now be banned
Makes a mockery of the rules

Last edited:
Back