• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Watford***

My favourite goal from the game was Dier's, loved how it hit the turf then spun and crashed into the net.

I thought we would struggle without Kane but we've done brilliant without him. All the same, we will 100% need him for Chelsea, Arsenal and United above all else.

Fantastic performance, fantastic result.
And all without Kane in the main.

Shame Janssen couldn't have scored at least one of those gilt-edged chances but he does offer brute strength and i still think in time he will prove a good buy.
Good to see another clean sheet too!

On to Bournemouth next weekend; they will be a harder nut to crack imo as they have more pace, movement and that 'chaos factor' that sometimes i think can be the undoing of well-drilled sides like ours. If we win vs Bournemouth next weekend and win with a good performance (and one which doesn't lead to us being complacent) then i think we'll beat Chelsea in the cup semi and take the title race to the last weekend.

COYS

Fantastic performance, fantastic result.
And all without Kane in the main.

Shame Janssen couldn't have scored at least one of those gilt-edged chances but he does offer brute strength and i still think in time he will prove a good buy.
Good to see another clean sheet too!

On to Bournemouth next weekend; they will be a harder nut to crack imo as they have more pace, movement and that 'chaos factor' that sometimes i think can be the undoing of well-drilled sides like ours. If we win vs Bournemouth next weekend and win with a good performance (and one which doesn't lead to us being complacent) then i think we'll beat Chelsea in the cup semi and take the title race to the last weekend.

COYS

The bigger question is - do we go with a brick OMT, which has served us so well in recent games , or go for a mutts nuts one?

Tricky, no?

The bigger question is - do we go with a brick OMT, which has served us so well in recent games , or go for a mutts nuts one?

Tricky, no?

Indeed; i will see who steps up to the plate before heeding the call of the OMT gods and being a good disciple myself...btw, did you not do the Bournemouth away OMT last season when Harry got a hattrick in a 5-1 demolition?

I really do understand how you guys feel and its understandable, however in the 50 plus years of calling the Lane my home i have seen many changes, different stands, seating, changes etc and i am treating this as just another one. I will still get to the games the same way, i will be at same place i have been lucky enough to have seen MANY great players wearing our shirt and so many brilliant games. It may be called something different but it will ALWAYS be the Lane to me.

They may take away the old seats, toilets ( needed to do that for a while) and have a brand new building but its the Lane and the hallowed ground its on will always have my heart.
Cx3Hwv1WQAAFyU8.jpg

Indeed; i will see who steps up to the plate before heeding the call of the OMT gods and being a good disciple myself...btw, did you not do the Bournemouth away OMT last season when Harry got a hattrick in a 5-1 demolition?

I did indeed. Well remembered. And that was after a series of dodgy results and no one else seemed willing to step up. I did the OMT for Burnley away this season too after there wasn't one posted within I think about 48 hours of the game itself . Despite stepping up, I got roundly pilloried.

Or is there some new tradition like "our Dutch contingent", "is Bassong suspended " , "serious relegation fears" , "any team news yet" etc etc, with which I am not familiar?

I did indeed. Well remembered. And that was after a series of dodgy results and no one else seemed willing to step up. I did the OMT for Burnley away this season too after there wasn't one posted within I think about 48 hours of the game itself . Despite stepping up, I got roundly pilloried.

Or is there some new tradition like "our Dutch contingent", "is Bassong suspended " , "serious relegation fears" , "any adorably cute photos of animals yet" etc etc, with which I am not familiar?

It depends whether Spartak is on TV.

oh i'm enjoying it, whatever happens from here on in we have over achieved this season
Why overachieved? West Ham overachieved last season. So too did Leicester. We're just playing to our continuously expanding potential. The fact we've been the one consistent team over the past couple of seasons doesn't lie.

This^

Spurs are earning by far the most points per pound spent and we'd be top of the table now if it weren't for those dastardly Russian lottery winners trying to buy another title...

C8tw45pXgAE3mCj.jpg
That bottem line - extraordinary. How Levy gets away with it I don't know but long may it continue.

This^

Spurs are earning by far the most points per pound spent and we'd be top of the table now if it weren't for those dastardly Russian lottery winners trying to buy another title...

C8tw45pXgAE3mCj.jpg

I think Burnley would get the points per £££ thing as their spend and wages are very low

I think Burnley would get the points per £££ thing as their spend and wages are very low
Guess I should've put the caveat "of teams competing for European places"

Although Burnley's wage bill doubled the last time they got promoted, so maybe they'll be closer to the £40million mark when their next set of accounts are published... which would make us merely the 2nd best value team in the top flight...

C8twxExXsAAs7WD.jpg

C9C0Cw_WsAIHfzd.jpg

based on our financial resources compared to others
I know this is nitpicking, but I think of that as punching above our financial weight. Over achieving means we're getting better results than our quality would dictate and that is clearly not the case with this team. If anything, we probably slightly under achieving.

I know this is nitpicking, but I think of that as punching above our financial weight. Over achieving means we're getting better results than our quality would dictate and that is clearly not the case with this team. If anything, we probably slightly under achieving.

Did you have us down as finishing in the top two at the beginning of the season?

I did!!!

I had us down to win the league. I always do. No point entering a competition if you don't think you can win it

I'm always hopeful too but i think that the answer to a different question. If people are saying that our performance is on par then we should be measuring that against reasonable expectation in the summer and not, we were second at the beginning of April so we are where we should be.

Back