• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs. Tranmere

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raziel

Les Medley
Didn't see one, so bring on the badgers & custard.

FA Cup tie at Tranmere, Kick-off on Friday night is at 7.45pm.

Team news

Mousa Dembele, Jan Vertonghen and Erik Lamela have all returned to training with the squad – although they won’t be available for Friday night’s FA Cup tie at Tranmere.

Belgian international duo Mousa (ankle) and Jan (thigh) re-joined the group on the Hotspur Way pitches today (Thursday 3 January) but won’t be ready for the trip to Prenton Park.

Argentine attacker Erik returned to training with the squad yesterday following a calf injury, but is unavailable for tomorrow’s match due to a subsequent illness.

Meanwhile, Eric Dier (appendicitis) has commenced on-field reconditioning while Victor Wanyama (knee) is continuing outdoor rehabilitation.

Need to rest as many as poss. Dele needs to get match sharp so he plays, and Moura hasnt played much recently. GKN made the bench once or twice recently so Poch must be inclined to use him, so he starts. Son on the bench for insurance. Kane/Eriksen in particular sitting at home

------------------Gazza--------------------

--KWP-----Sanchez---Foyth----Davies--

-------------Skipp-----Winks*------------

------Moura-------Dele------GKN-------

------------------Llorente-----------------

subs: Vorm, Eyoma, Aurier, Sissoko, Oakley-Booth, Parrott, Son

* Winks to play 45 and then Sissoko or TOB 45 mins

sitting at home: Lloris, Trippier, Rose, Kane, Alderweireld, Eriksen plus the injured group

Need to rest as many as poss. Dele needs to get match sharp so he plays, and Moura hasnt played much recently. GKN made the bench once or twice recently so Poch must be inclined to use him, so he starts. Son on the bench for insurance. Kane/Eriksen in particular sitting at home

------------------Gazza--------------------

--KWP-----Sanchez---Foyth----Davies--

-------------Skipp-----Winks*------------

------Moura-------Dele------GKN-------

------------------Llorente-----------------

subs: Vorm, Eyoma, Aurier, Sissoko, Oakley-Booth, Parrott, Son

* Winks to play 45 and then Sissoko or TOB 45 mins

sitting at home: Lloris, Trippier, Rose, Kane, Alderweireld, Eriksen plus the injured group
Alli played 90 minutes against Leicester, Barcelona, Burnley and Arsenal in quick succession. Started against Everton then subbed at half time because of injury, then started again against Wolves and Cardiff.

Winks has played 90 minutes in all games starting with the Southampton game a month ago apart from 83 minutes against Barca.

I hope we find a way to let both of them sit this one out completely or only be on the bench. If that's actually possible I don't know.

I don't want to see any of the players that might feature against Cheatski or ManU.

Unless you're going to pick a really scratch team with a bunch of kids, especially in midfield and upfront, I dont see how you cant not play 3 or 4 who would feature.

Its also 4 days to Cheatski and then 5 days to Man U

Something similar to @AdamB (little more senior team)

Gazza
Aurier, Foyth, Sanchez, Davies
Skipp, Winks
Lucas, Son, GKN
Llorente

Son is in smoking form and will be leaving in 10 days ..

I'd like to see Parrott get some time.

Unless you're going to pick a really scratch team with a bunch of kids, especially in midfield and upfront, I dont see how you cant not play 3 or 4 who would feature.

Its also 4 days to Cheatski and then 5 days to Man U

Use the U21 side that played in the EFL trophy and strengthen with the likes of Walker-Peters, Llorente, George-Kevin, Skipp and Gazzaniga. This is the least important game of the season.

Nice to see the total lack of respect for the competition and our opponents shown on here, similar to the chauvinism prior to the Wolves game. The one think I know for certain after watching football for over 60 years is that you can't assume victory over any team. Rotation has soften the brain of many and they assume that if you leave a player out of a game he will play better in an other game, simply ridiculous, but never mind give everyone something to moan about. Me I'd pick our best and fittest players as I want us to win the Cup.

Use the U21 side that played in the EFL trophy and strengthen with the likes of Walker-Peters, Llorente, George-Kevin, Skipp and Gazzaniga. This is the least important game of the season.

Not for me it's not! Win 6 games win the cup, we will need to win 15/16 out of our remaining 17 games to win league while hopefully trying to win League Cup and progress in CL, but I suppose we could play our U19 teams in those cup games.

We're actually playing this lad tomorrow.

7937850-6538599-image-a-39_1546115570173.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ranmere-sumo-hopes-cup-tussle-Harry-Kane.html

Must win.

Why would oyu not play whichever of Foyth and Sanchez which isnt going to play against Chelsea? Ditto with Davies or Rose?

Why not play Moura? He's been on the bench a lot

Why would oyu not play whichever of Foyth and Sanchez which isnt going to play against Chelsea? Ditto with Davies or Rose?

Why not play Moura? He's been on the bench a lot

I have a feeling Moura has been left with more in the tank recently so he’s in prime condition to cover Sonny when he goes.

Nice to see the total lack of respect for the competition and our opponents shown on here, similar to the chauvinism prior to the Wolves game. The one think I know for certain after watching football for over 60 years is that you can't assume victory over any team. Rotation has soften the brain of many and they assume that if you leave a player out of a game he will play better in an other game, simply ridiculous, but never mind give everyone something to moan about. Me I'd pick our best and fittest players as I want us to win the Cup.
Is there a manager at a top club that doesn't rotate? You can argue about the extent of the rotation, but some rotation I think is warranted. Both for the games coming up, but also to give experience to young players with limited game time like KWP, Foyth, Skipp.

Didn't see one, so bring on the badgers & custard.

FA Cup tie at Tranmere, Kick-off on Friday night is at 7.45pm.

Team news

Mousa Dembele, Jan Vertonghen and Erik Lamela have all returned to training with the squad – although they won’t be available for Friday night’s FA Cup tie at Tranmere.

Belgian international duo Mousa (ankle) and Jan (thigh) re-joined the group on the Hotspur Way pitches today (Thursday 3 January) but won’t be ready for the trip to Prenton Park.

Argentine attacker Erik returned to training with the squad yesterday following a calf injury, but is unavailable for tomorrow’s match due to a subsequent illness.

Meanwhile, Eric Dier (appendicitis) has commenced on-field reconditioning while Victor Wanyama (knee) is continuing outdoor rehabilitation.

This is good news as all four of our injuries are back by mid Jan, with three of those possibly in time for chelsea.

I cant count victor anymore, he's clearly toast and even if he gets somekind of fitness back he's not gona get a start ahead of dier, dembele, winks, sissoko, skipp etc.

Plus we may also buy in that position in either Jan or the summer.

Unless the old Vic can return, I dont think we'll see him in a Spurs shirt again.

I live near Tranmere and go to see them with my mates who are all fanatic Tranmere fans. McNulty may look stupid but he's got a good footballing head, and knows how to be nasty and get away with it. Monthe who plays alongside him is a monster of a man and very quick and comfortable on the ball.

The midfield is awful, two players who can't pass forward in Harris and McCullough although Banks is half decent for the level but returning from injury. James Norwood up front can finish, but the players around him lack pace and creativity so chances are few and far between lately.

Can't wait to go, been hoping for this fixture since 2003.

Where's everyone drinking before the game? My local is a two minute walk but away fans don't really go there as there are 2 pubs next to the ground

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back