• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Stoke City***

nelto

Andy Sinton
Sunday, 26 Feb 2017 13:30

Premier League

Venue: White Hart Lane

4145evzw32l.jpg
V
PremierLeague_StokeCity.jpg

Need to bounce back after Gent, so:

a2d8d128a0f40d2f9f8a72c5d50ff9a5.jpg

5701095858_e73ef1c97a_b.jpg

coys-jpg.3121

Last edited:
I can see Alli being sledged by Stoke players. How he let his team-mates down.

We need to hurt where it matters, in the onion bag not the testicle sacs.

We need a result and Dier needs a rest. I was calling for him to be rested for both the Fulham and Gent games to give him a real break from playing and hope to get his sharpness back. Dembele has also been disappointing this season. To me, he doesn't look as strong and has reverted to his blind alley dribbles with no end product.why doesn't he shoot more?

I hope we have been practising free kicks, corners and shooting low, accurately - and across the keeper ( Yes, I am looking at you Kyle!)

We need a result and Dier needs a rest. I was calling for him to be rested for both the Fulham and Gent games to give him a real break from playing and hope to get his sharpness back. Dembele has also been disappointing this season. To me, he doesn't look as strong and has reverted to his blind alley dribbles with no end product.why doesn't he shoot more?

I hope we have been practising free kicks, corners and shooting low, accurately - and across the keeper ( Yes, I am looking at you Kyle!)
Our offensive set plays have received a lot of attention, and understandably so, however our real Achilles has been our defensive set-plays.
My son who is a sports scientist has cringed at how we defend corners and free kicks.
First we bring everyone back. ( Note the contrast with Gent who often left 3 players up from our corners.)
The effect is to leave the ball for someone else to attack. Also, we don't really attack the ball, except Unluckily Kane did on this occasion, we half-heartedly challenge. But also note we have stopped putting anyone on the posts from corners, 11 players back and no one on the post. I think it unlikely that a man on the post would have stopped Kane's goal but he might just have got a head to it.
How about we clear the path for Lloris to come for the ball and leave Eriksen upfield so that when Lloris catches the ball he has a target to aim for rather than just running like crazy to the edge of the box and then taking an age to throw or kick the ball out.
Wycombe caused us problems in the air, so we can Stoke to do the same, some sorting to be done on the pitch, especially with all the good headers we have.

Dele Alli walks off to a standing ovation after ending Charlie Adam's career in a 70th minute horror tackle. Simultaneously Dier has to be subbed off after sustaining a terminal erection. Alli post match "I'll take the ban", "The gaffer got 13 red cards in La Liga".

I see this as being a tough one generally and even more awkward after Thursday. Can see it being a very tight 2-1 or 1-0 win with a few nervy moments.

Not sure if allowed (admin please delete if not), I have a spare ticket for the game. West Lower, downside is it's next to me...

Ok, my team would be, as follows, due to absence of Rose I would go 4-2-3-1 as Davies can only play as a LB and I don't think we need 7 defensive minded players at home (excluding the keeper) in a 3-4-3, which often seems to be 5-2-2-1.

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Davies
Winks Dembele
Alli Eriksen Son
Kane

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Wanyama, GKN, Janssen, Sissoko

Dier gets a rest. If Dembele's hip not up to it then replace with Wanyama and Dier on the bench.

After the disappointing exit from Europe, we need a good performance and result against Stoke to lift our morale. But we are in such a bad form now with only 1 win in 4 matches in the league. Also, we have a mediocre record against Stoke at home, winning 2, drawing 3 and losing 2 of our last 7 matches against them at home. But we do have excellent home record this season, winning our last 7 league matches at home. We need to make use of our excellent home form to get the much needed win here.

All our key players like Kane, Alli and Eriksen have been in poor form lately. We will need all of them to get back their form, especially Kane. Kane did score the hattrick against Fulham in the Fa Cup. Also, Kane has scored 3 goals against Stoke in the past, albeit in away matches. Let's hope he can get atleast 1 goal against Stoke. Alli too has scored 3 goals in 2 matches against Stoke. Hope he can recover from the red card against Gent to score here as well. Son scored 2 goals when we beat Stoke 4-0 away earlier in the season. It will help us greatly if he makes use of the chances he gets as well.

Our midfield need to control the match against Stoke. Wanyama and Dembele need to step up their game to stop Stoke creating any chances from midfield. Wish Dembele can move up the field further to create chances for our attack. In fact Dembele can really make the difference for us if he help our attack more. Similarly Eriksen too needs to step up his game more. Eriksen really should be creating and scoring more goals for us, especially from freekicks. Too bad Lamela is still out injured. We can really make use of his creativity in midfield now.

Our defence were very disappointing against Gent. Never thought we can concede 2 goals to a mid table Belgium team with Alderweireld and Vertonghen in defence. It shows they need to be more alert, regardless of which team we play. Don't want to see Dier starting in defence again as he is too error-prone like shown against Gent and Liverpool which proved to be costly for us. I think Lloris needs to be more vocal to keep our defence alert all the time as well.

Can see this being another tense match. Stoke always make it tough for us at home. Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get the much needed win.

Ok, my team would be, as follows, due to absence of Rose I would go 4-2-3-1 as Davies can only play as a LB and I don't think we need 7 defensive minded players at home (excluding the keeper) in a 3-4-3, which often seems to be 5-2-2-1.

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Davies
Winks Dembele
Alli Eriksen Son
Kane

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Wanyama, GKN, Janssen, Sissoko

Dier gets a rest. If Dembele's hip not up to it then replace with Wanyama and Dier on the bench.

Definitely agree with the comment about the formation. Davies is more of a proper LB rather than a like for like replacement for Rose. Not sure that I agree with leaving both Wanyama and Dier out though!!!

Any t^e^a^m n"e"w"s yet ?

Wish we can have Rose and Lamela back fit now. We are going to need all the help we can get for the rest of the season. We will need an early goal to settle us down then go for the second or third goals to kill the game off. Since we are playing Stoke at home, hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to lift us.

Back