• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Stoke City *** 15/08/2015 3pm

Part of me still can't believe we didn't win after scoring in the first half and then making it 2-0. I figured we would struggle to break them down and huff and puff for 85 minutes.

I hope that Dier can become a defensive midfielder, as you've said, he seems to have the right mentality to be a success but it all depends how he progresses from here.

Just want to say, I like Dier's attitude. Really tinkleed off that we threw the lead away, but impresses me - he's young but could he be a future leader?

In the two games I have seen him at CM he has been as good as any of our players, I hope that Poch sticks with him because he looks like he could be the missing link we need in CM.

Still feel annoyed with the result. It felt more like a defeat ! It is simply unacceptable to lead 2-0 with 10 mins remaining and still not win ! How many times have we threw away easy points like that over the years ! It seems like Spurs are forever fated to threw away matches like this every season. Other teams throw away points too but we seems to do it more often than others.

This result has put more question marks over Pochettino and his team. This was a match we should have won easily after leading 2-0. Credit to Dier and Chadli for the goals. But just like last season, we failed to kill the match off ! We simply failed to get the magical 3rd goal which would have sealed us all the 3 points. It felt like we relaxed too much after leading 2-0. We had many chances to score the 3rd goal but we wasted them. Mason and Kane should have scored from the one-on-one chances they had.

We looked comfortable at 2-0 until Kane went off. It shows how much influence Kane has on the team. The players seems to be affected when Kane went off. Similiarly our midfield looked comfortable until Bentaleb replaced Mason. Not sure why Pochettino brought on Bentaleb after his blunder against ManU. It is no coincidence that we lost the control of the midfield after Bentaleb came on. This match shows yet again that we badly need a top defensive midfielder.

It seems like our defending is getting bad to worse under Pochettino. Thought Alderweireld will improve our defending. Instead, he stupidly conceded an unnecessary penalty which allowed them to comeback to draw. Until that penalty, they didn't look like scoring despite having many chances. There was no need for Alderweireld to foul the Stoke player as he was not in a direct goal scoring position. This is the kind of schoolboy defending that cost us mant points last season. Maybe we should play Vertonghen-Fazio combination in defence until Alderweireld settles in.

Playing at home and leading 2-0, we really should have won this game. It is 2 valuable points we have lost even this early in the season. With only 1 point in 2 matches, we badly need to win the next match to keep in touch with the leading pack.

Still feel annoyed with the result. It felt more like a defeat ! It is simply unacceptable to lead 2-0 with 10 mins remaining and still not win ! How many times have we threw away easy points like that over the years ! It seems like Spurs are forever fated to threw away matches like this every season. Other teams throw away points too but we seems to do it more often than others.

My guess is the fans of most teams feel that way. I'm pretty sure the stats wouldn't show us near the top of the list of teams that throw away points late in the game (though I could be wrong - anyone know for sure?) I would agree that we seem to have a flair for the dramatic when we do it though... Everton score two goals in injury time? Seriously?

"It’s obvious we need one more offensive player. More than one target? Yes. If you have one and you fail, you are dead" says Pochettino

Mauricio Pochettino has good news for Harry Kane – more help IS on the way.

Tottenham boss Pochettino is confident of landing another forward before the transfer window closes to ease the burden on talisman Kane.

If they prove unable to winkle top target Saido Berahino out of West Bromwich Albion, Pochettino has confirmed the Londoners have other irons in the fire - the Spurs boss admitted they could be “dead” if they put all their eggs in one basket and then fail to get their man.

Pochettino moved to clarify comments he made after Saturday's 2-2 draw with Stoke, insisting it was a calf problem rather than tiredness that made him substitute Kane in the 64th minute when his side were 2-0 up.

It would be little surprise if Kane was tired.

Pochettino said: “Maybe my explanation [on Saturday] was bad. I think he took a kick on his calf, and after was a little bit sore - like a cramp.

“And why take a risk at 2-0? That was not the reason we conceded the draw after. [You] don’t take a risk when a player feels a little bit of pain in his calf.”

He added: “Will he benefit from another striker coming? Yes. Always, it is important for us.

“We have players like Nacer Chadli, Erik Lamela, and now Clinton N’Jie, who can play like a striker, but I think we need one more striker, to be sure, for different games - sometimes to play together.

“It’s obvious we need one more offensive player. We have confidence we will bring in some offensive player, but I can’t give the name today.

“More than one target? Yes. If you have one and you fail, you are dead.”

For now, Spurs have managed to get Lyon forward N’Jie through the door, and the 22-year-old could be involved at Leicester on Saturday.

Pochettino said of the Cameroon international: “He is a very good player. We have to wait to see if he can stay in the squad for the game.

“He is fast, technical, his condition is high. Last season in Lyon, he scored and gave the assists.

“He is very direct player, and he is brave. He can play in different positions, you know my system is always one where the players can change, move and we are flexible.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-harry-kane-assured-6288084

Back