• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Panathinaikos**********

DEFOE ON PANATHINAIKOS:

Jermain Defoe is looking for the fans to help take us over the finishing line in the Europa League on Thursday night.

We need a point from our final match in Group J against Panathinaikos at the Lane to secure a place in the knockout phase of the competition, the Round of 32.

Jermain scored a hat-trick in our last home match in the Europa League, a 3-1 win against NK Maribor on November 8.

He told us at the time how special it was to score a treble in a European match under the lights at the Lane and having bagged another four goals since then - including two in Saturday’s win at Fulham - he now has Panathinaikos in his sights.

“We always have fantastic support and that helps the lads to perform,” said JD, now up to 130 goals for Spurs and eighth in our all-time goalscoring list.

“The European nights are special and there is so much history here.

“We want to get through to the knockout stage of the competition and as we’ve said all along, we want to do something special this season. Things are going well at the moment and we've just got to keep it going.”

We moved up to fourth in the Premier League after the 3-0 win at Fulham, our third victory in six days after beating West Ham and Liverpool.

“It’s been an amazing week,” added Jermain.

“If you look at the fixtures as well, they were all tough games. To win at Craven Cottage having beaten Liverpool in the week, it's fantastic.”

I would like us to go 442... the more Defoe plays the better.

Yes, he's as keen as mustard to climb his way up the all-time Spurs goalscorers ladder.

Three against the Greeks on Thursday will see him level with the great Alan Gilzean.

Yes, he's as keen as mustard to climb his way up the all-time Spurs goalscorers ladder.

Three against the Greeks on Thursday will see him level with the great Alan Gilzean.

and would give him even greater confidence for the upcoming games which would only serve us well especially without Bale contributing to the goals etc

I'd rather he had 45 minutes. Then 45 minutes for Ade so they're both fresh for Sunday. Not ideal but practical IMO.

We need to do whatever it takes to qualify, if that means 90 mins from JD, JV, whoever, so be it.

I shall be going to this fixture, dragging the old man along too. Hoping for a decent performance as i can only go to 2 more games this season after this one due to work :(

Hope AVB rests a few players for this one. Can't play all our best players in every game I'm afraid. That's one of the reasons why we struggled so much in the 2nd half of last season.

Hope AVB rests a few players for this one. Can't play all our best players in every game I'm afraid. That's one of the reasons why we struggled so much in the 2nd half of last season.

Yep! Also im sure fringe/younger players want to prove that they can give to the team. Im sure Siggy/Ade/Carroll etc will be amped to give a good performance. I can see us winning well with a team of Hudd,Carroll, Siggy, Ade, Dempsey etc....I'll be happy if we rest Dembele/Sandro/Lennon.

---------------Lloris--------------

Walker--Gallas-----Caulker----Naughton

----------Sandro-----Hudd------------

Lennon----------Carroll----------Siggy

------------------Ade------------------

Seems a good mix between young/ squad players and first-teamers.

---------------Lloris--------------

Walker--Gallas-----Caulker----Naughton

----------Sandro-----Hudd------------

Lennon----------Carroll----------Siggy

------------------Ade------------------

Seems a good mix between young/ squad players and first-teamers.

I like this team, but I am a bit worried about using the weaker players.

Don't forget that Panathinaikos can still qualify with a win.

So they will be coming at us with everything they've got.

Well said, I honestly can't see AVB taking too many risks, and would look to a team like this

Lloris--------------

Walker--Gallas-----Caulker----JV

----------Sandro-----Dembele------------

Lennon--------------------Dempsey

------------------ Ade Defoe--------------

Maybe Hudd/Siggy in there somewhere

The players have had sufficient rest since Fulham to play again. JV arguably needs a rest, but I don't see how he can have one till BAE is back

Last edited:

Did not remember that, thanks. Still, is it wise to burn our players out so early in the season? I understand we need to progress, but we've got the notoriously demanding December fixtures coming up, and fitness will be crucial.

Verts in for Gallas and Siggy in the middle, with Falque out wide; that should be the limit of our first-teamers' involvement. Livermore should probably come on for Sandro early on as well. Save Dembele, Defoe, Dempsey and co. for Everton and Swansea away.

Did not remember that, thanks. Still, is it wise to burn our players out so early in the season? I understand we need to progress, but we've got the notoriously demanding December fixtures coming up, and fitness will be crucial.

Verts in for Gallas and Siggy in the middle, with Falque out wide; that should be the limit of our first-teamers' involvement. Livermore should probably come on for Sandro early on as well. Save Dembele, Defoe, Dempsey and co. for Everton and Swansea away.

It really is a Really togh call.

Do you start with more first string players, and then take them off as soon as we are 3-0 up?

Or do you have them on the bench just in case things go wrong?

I am glad I'm not the manager - although he is certainly better placed than us to know who really needs resting and who can keep playing.

I think staying in this cometition is vital to our progress, and to attracting good player in January.

Moreover, it is hopefully a chance to actually win some silverware.

Something Harry, as much as I loved him, never quite managed.

In AVB we trust!

COYFS!!!

Back