• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

Spurs manager Mau Po: ....... when you do not play with 100 per cent it is impossible to win games .....

Saying that after losing to a relegated side who just put 3 unanswered goals with 10 men Hmmm, 10 men - isn't that not playing with 100% ?

OK - not his first language, but that thought/concept should not even be in his head.

It's the manner of the last 4 games that have worried me. We never looked like winning any of them.

They've all been happy to play the ball around slowly. Not press. Nothing. Infact wr haven't pressed teams for a good while now.

We just need to get the right players in over the summer. Get business done early

A Michael carrick quote always comes back to me at this time. " at Spurs it was ok to sometimes lose" at Utd it's never acceptable to lose"

We obviously don't have a win at all costs attitude yet. The lack of drive over the last month has been alarming and has told poch all he needs to know about certain players

awful result and shows how limited/average our squad is, Dembele is massive for us and now even Ali at his young age.

Least champs league gives us the opportunity to be in the market to go for better standard/quality of players we need them

soo much brick from chels and arse again in the office this morning

Today is my birthday. Usually it coincides with football season ending.

I remember a couple of years ago I was having a party and most of my guests were sitting in the bar watching a deciding for us CL final Bayern against Chelsea, why I was preparing a disco bus. The outcome let me down a bit, but still I was ok, because in general I wasn't able to see the full game to get really upset with its scenario and anyway it wasn't up to us to reach CL in the next season.
I remember a couple of years ago I was having a birthday party and sitting in the bar with my friends. We played Sunderland and still could finish above Arsenal, in CL zone, if they lost points against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Bale won us another game on his own, but still we finished 5th. The outcome let me down a bit, but still I was ok, because our team gave everything they could (especially Bale) and we reached our points high tally in EPL history.
Yesterday I switched off the streem after their first goal. The streem had awful quality and was hard to watch, but mainly I switched it off because I didn't believe Spurs will bounce back judjing what we've seen in recent perfomances. However, I could never imagine even in my nightmares, that they could be dishonoured in such 'fashion'. We finished in CL zone, but the settling surpasses it. Can't remember a time I felt so indiffirent to football and feel sorry for the away fans, who traveled to another part of the country to see this weak-willed pile of sh*t.

A lauphing stock of football world.
A gift that keeps on giving.
A team that will always find a way to collapse and let you down even when statistics and mathematics say: "Not quite possible to happen".

Last edited:
Too much tinkle taking being given about losing 5-1 'against 10 men' but the fact is Newcaslte were already leading, get gifted a penalty that never with about 15 minutes left and score from it to make it 3-1 and pretty much game over. From that point we have to throw everyone forward, our the game is lost, we have to throw everyone forward and they had alot of pace on the counter attack.

That said the attitude from the start was not right, clearly finishing above Arsenal isn't as important to most of them as it is to us.

Are we an up and coming team on the rise to potential greatness, or have we simply benefited from a season when many of the 'top' teams have performed so badly?

We have afterall finished on less points than under AVB in 2012/2013 and ony 1 point better than under Sherwoord in 2013/2014.

Though i'd be inclined to think that we simply lost our heads after losing the title, and our points tally over the past 4/5 games aren't a true reflection on our teams ability.

Last edited:
It has been a really sh*t end to a wonderful season (at 34 games). We gave it a good go, and came up short. What happened after isn't a true reflection of us as a team, but there are things we can't ignore. I feel it's more of a psychological issue which still hangs over most clubs. Leicester showed what happens when you have belief.
This #togetherthfc hashtag was a bit cringe sure, but the sentiment was right. To truly believe, and the team would ride that crest of a wave. Leicester were made up of rejects and yes perhaps it was a complete one off, but my word they have belief that they can absolutely beat anyone right now. If imagine after Stoke so did we.

Let's not hang this over this sides head. That they will always let us down. It's not fair to lump their failure over the past few games with the clubs historical failings. They have been exceptional. Countless managers, players and fans have said we've been the best side. We have so much to build on. A brilliant manager and a side to be proud of. New stadium, champions league football, and players that have come up through the academy.

If we can't be happy with the bigger picture right now we might as well give up

Most of the players, who didn't give a crap. Dembele, for getting stupidly suspended. Ditto Alli.

If I had to hazard a guess, Mason, Carroll and Chadli are off this summer, as much as I'd hate to see Mason in particular leave. Thinking more ruthlessly, Walker's place in the first team has to be in question, and if he were moved on or demoted just to make a point, I wouldn't be surprised. The captaincy should also be taken from Hugo and given to Kane, to make an important point; back-room respect doesn't mean f*ck all, but heart and fight does.

Some b*stards need to be signed this summer; really spiteful f*ckers who can put in a sly crunching challenge or an elbow to the face without getting banned for it, and players who can scare our own players into performing higher by sheer force of will. Where we'll find 'em, I have no clue, but we need those sorts of players.
What is your issue with Walker Dubai? Who do you think that we can get that is better than he is?

Coming into the last 10 games I think the players genuinely thought they were going to win the league and were prepared to fight for it. The inevitable Leicester collapse was coming and we were ready to pounce (like Lion's eh Harry?). As the games passed Leicester continued as they were (they did only lose 3 games all season after all) and we had it slowly and painfully pulled away from us. Climactically ending in the battle of Stamford Bridge.

The kids we have playing reacted as kids do, and by that I don't mean they threw their toys out of the pram (well maybe a little against Chelsea but I enjoyed that). I mean that they didn't have the mental capacity (or experience to draw on) to dust themselves down and concentrate on the new prize i.e 2nd place.

We imploded, but it was purely a mental thing. It wasn't fitness, it wasn't 'Poch's teams fading like they always do' and we definitely don't need a whole bunch of new players next season.

What we do need is for the players to learn from the experience so that if they ever experience it again they know how to react and grind out those results in the last four games. I have absolute trust the Poch is the manager to ensure that happens.

The players dont learn. After every game we should have done better in the players come out and say "we will learn from this" it will make us stronger. In fact they got worse!!

Some players are just mentally weak. They need other around them to talk them through games. We dont have any players like that. Havent done for a long long time. Look at Arsenal. They have lots of talent but no leader. Talent will only get you so far. You need mental toughness.

Let's not hang this over this sides head. That they will always let us down. It's not fair to lump their failure over the past few games with the clubs historical failings. They have been exceptional. Countless managers, players and fans have said we've been the best side. We have so much to build on. A brilliant manager and a side to be proud of. New stadium, champions league football, and players that have come up through the academy.

If we can't be happy with the bigger picture right now we might as well give up

I agree with this, although I'm not totally ready for rational thought right now. Anger has subsided but the disappointment is going to take a bit longer. I'm really struggling to understand how it went so horribly wrong over the last four matches. I don't believe the players had knowingly given up once the title was out of sight, so it must be down to mental fortitude. That can hopefully be dealt with/improved.

I am bitterly disappointed but it is not right to say the last few results have made the first 34 games meaningless (as I have seen posted on another thread). We have seen so much to be proud of this season and every indication that we will have more to be proud of in the coming seasons. I am certainly not going to be labelling this team with the "will always let us down" tag, not when we have been the only team that came anywhere near giving Leicester a run for their money, not when it is a team that has secured CL for next season, a team that has produced the Golden Boot winner, a team that has improved on pretty much every stat going.
And, once I get yesterday out of my system, I am not going to let the last four matches, and yesterday especially, take the gloss off everything we have achieved and everything we are building.

I think I have good news that has been overlooked....

Should we win the league again (which I think is possible one day soon) then we would have finished above the clams, guaranteed!

You may instinctively think we would find some way of winning the league but still end below them BUT this is not allowed in the league rules :)

Absolute disgrace and regretted getting last train home last night from up there, sat in the home end as well utterly miserable.

Body Language was awful amongst some of ours and certainly didnt put themselves about.
Mason was woeful but is so badly out of form and fitness, but he is right on the edge of getting shifted.
Vertonghen especially guilty along with Eriksen, Lamela tried to put a shift in, Onomah looked reasonable when he came on. Rest of them quite honestly didnt give a sh*t and i include Kane in that.

Poch was 100% right, 8/10 times we go into a 50/50 and come out with the ball, yesterday in was 1/10 and as soon as the got the ball they were at Lloris

Was very noticeable that with Alderweireld RB and Davies LB then CB's had no pace to cover and to be honest just started throwing themselves on the floor rather than chasing back

Shocking result. I'm distraught (though perhaps i'll feel better in a week's time...)

Make no mistake: Rafa schooled Poch tactically yesterday. Taking away my Sours glasses it was a tactical masterclass by him

:(

Shocking result. I'm distraught (though perhaps i'll feel better in a week's time...)

Make no mistake: Rafa schooled Poch tactically yesterday. Taking away my Sours glasses it was a tactical masterclass by him

:(

Agree i do think that soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter is a tactic we are both susceptible to and is where teams are likely to attack us next year.
However its the same issue as a few seasons ago long ball into the corners.

If you play the high press with full backs playing as wing backs, and players dont high press or start taking easy option and diving in then your in trouble

Agree i do think that soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter is a tactic we are both susceptible to and is where teams are likely to attack us next year.
However its the same issue as a few seasons ago long ball into the corners.

If you play the high press with full backs playing as wing backs, and players dont high press or start taking easy option and diving in then your in trouble

Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't play on the counter, well not until we threw everything forward when 3-1 down, they went toe to toe with us and were just better all over the pitch.

You've got to laugh...

======
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport...controlled-implosion-of-season-20160516108847

Spurs carry out controlled implosion of season

16-05-16

TOTTENHAM Hotspur demolished their season at St James’ Park yesterday.

Following reports of something resembling optimism among supporters, the club dispatched its 11-man hope-disposal squad to lay down on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine pitch.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino said: “The main thing is that no Arsenal fan’s pride was hurt and we managed to get our fans out of the stadium as quickly and quietly as possible.

“I’d also like to thank the players for ending the season in such a calmly inept manner.”

It has been confirmed the suspiciously high level of optimism had been left behind in February as part of a training exercise in winning the league.

Questions are now being asked as to how it could have stayed in people’s minds for this long unnoticed.

What is your issue with Walker Dubai? Who do you think that we can get that is better than he is?

I kind of see Dubai's point (although haven't seen the game yesterday). But overall, we need players that are winners, that buy into the system completely, that believe they should be winning the league and take it as an affront that they are below where they should be.

If Walker was one of the chief offenders yesterday, and if we had lost his head over these last 4 games in not contributing like he should have done, then it almost doesn't matter that he is rapid and can dribble, we need to get rid and get someone with a superior mentality that may not look shiny on the outside, but will consistently put in 100%, not just of effort, but of focussed, ruthless performance. The players lost their heads over these last couple of weeks. We will never change if we continue to allow that to be acceptable.

13221150_10153683848858505_4946716317933512396_o.jpg

Back