• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Saudi Sportswashing Machine *********

Sorry i had to be fast before Greg tried to pull a fast one again.

So they're missing Tiote and Remy (and of course Cabaye who is obviously gone). This certainly calls for a 4-4-2 imo...put them to the sword.

-------------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------------

Walker-------------------Dawson------------Vertonghen-------------------Rose

Lennon------------------ Capoue------------Dembele-----------------------Eriksen

-----------------------------Defoe-----------Adebayor-------------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Townsend, Paulinho, Benteleb, Soldado

I really think we could do some damage here. They're demoralised, Pardew still hasn't worked out his best system since Cabaye left...they look like they'll concede at will. Defoe imo can have a really good time in this game. Benteleb imo needs a rest so Capoue to start this one (i'd even be tempted to put Siggy on the bench and leave Benteleb out of this one altogether).

Lloris
Walker-Dawson-Verts-Rose
Capoue-Dembele
Lennon-Erikson-Townsend
Adebayor

Get Lennon (and Townsend) to stay wide and run at them. Erikson in the middle to link it all up and Capoue/Dembele shielding the back four and covering for Rose/Walker when they bomb forward.

Tasty.

Good work KD!

We might have to rotate a bit. Based on today I think the back 4 should stay the same. Like Spursalot I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine can be gotten at if we run at them with pace from the flanks. Debuchy has looked awful defensively in some games, Santon is better, but not great either and being right footed he might struggle a bit against Lennon. Eriksen has been a bit meh recently and with the two quick games perhaps this would be a good one for him to start on the bench?

Ade has to start, not sure if Paulinho should. Bentaleb has been playing a lot of games and is perhaps starting to fade just a little as can be expected from a player that young. I like KD's team a lot really, although I might say Soldado instead of Defoe and like I said perhaps Townsend ahead of Eriksen.

I really don't like our midfield at the moment, none of them move the ball well/quickly/incisively enough.

I think a couple of form players need a rest. Lennon for me deserves a bit of time on the bench as he is just not doing much in games at the moment either offensively or defensivly and his stroppy attitude when its not going right must annoy the other players. Paulinhio in his two games back has not really got going yet. Against Hull he got away with it because he scored and it was his first game back. But today against Everton he was a complete passenger, not getting involved in the final third, not tracking back and turninig his back once he had laid of passes and most of them were not successful. He should have been the first one hauled off.

For me we we overpowered versus Everton and even with that I saw in Eriksen someone who could shift his angle when receiving the ball to maintain possesion and turn into space to receive the ball. Dembele has not played further forward for a long time so i thought he got a little lost out there today. And benteleb was overrun by Paulinhio and Dembele being caught unsure of there position or being to slow and lazy to get back.

Ill got with this team. I dont think anyone needs a rest as we have next weekend off so they can rest then. So:

-----------------------Lloris-----------------------

Walker-----Dawson-----------Vertonghen-------Rose

-------------------Capoue--------------------------
------Dembele-----------------Benteleb--------------

-----Townsend-----------------Eriksen--------------
------------------Adebayor--------------------------

I would prefer Sandro in there but he is still unfit it seems. So Capoue for me with benteleb a little further upfield to keep our passing quicker and more snappy. Eriksend to pick the runs out and Townsend to keep them picked back with his pace and shooting. Dembele for me does better drifting in from right sided positions and benteleb seems more comfortable passing in from the left side.

start the same team that started today's game, imo. Everton are a very good side, don't let in too many goals and keep the ball well. Saudi Sportswashing Machine aren't as good as them, so I think we will get more joy. I'd like to see us persist with 3 centre-mids and Eriksen in the front 3.

A6423_zps701b50a3.jpg

Saudi Sportswashing Machine host Tottenham Hotspur at St. James' Park on Wednesday 12th February (KO 19:45) in the 26th Round of matches of the 2013-14 Premier League.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine come into the match in 8th place in the Table on 37 points with Spurs in 5th place on 47 points. This will be the 152nd time the two clubs have met.

The first meeting came in the old second round (today's fourth round) of the FA Cup in February 1905 with Saudi Sportswashing Machine drawing 1-1 at White Hart Lane before winning the replay at St James' Park 4-0. To date, the clubs have met 9 times in the FA Cup.

The clubs met for the first time in the Football League in November 1909 in the First Division with Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning 1-0 at St James' Park and completing the 'double' over Spurs with a 4-0 win at White Hart Lane in March 1910.

Tottenham's first win over Saudi Sportswashing Machine came in a First Division match at White Hart Lane in November 1912 with Jimmy Cantrell scoring the only goal of the match.

There were further meetings in the First Division up to season 1933-34 with honours generally pretty even.

An FA Cup 4th round match in January 1935 was won 2-0 by Spurs at White Hart Lane with George Hunt (Spurs' record goalscorer until Bobby Smith) scoring both goals.

The next 12 meetings between the clubs came in the Second Division of the Football League either side of World War Two from 1935-36 to 1947-48. These dozen matches were the only League games contested between Spurs and Saudi Sportswashing Machine outside the Top Flight of English Football.

The 1950-51 season saw Spurs win their first Football League Championship and in the process they did the 'double' over Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning 7-0 at home and 1-0 away. The 70,336 spectators at White Hart Lane for that emphatic 7-0 win were the largest crowd at any Spurs v Saudi Sportswashing Machine fixture in history.

Spurs beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the 1952 Charity Shield 2-1 at White Hart Lane with Les Bennett and Peter 'Spud' Murphy scoring the goals which won the silverware.

The first Football League Cup meeting came in the Semi-Finals in January 1976 with John Pratt scoring the winning goal at White Hart Lane in the first leg but Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning 3-1 at St James' Park despite a Don McAllister goal to advance to the Wembley Final.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, along with West Ham United, were the first clubs to be promoted to the Premier League for the 1993-94 season and Spurs won the first match against Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the competition 1-0 away at St James' Park with a Teddy Sheringham goal. The Magpies had their revenge at White Hart Lane in December with a 2-1 win.

An FA Cup Semi-Final at Old Trafford in April 1999 was won 2-0 by Saudi Sportswashing Machine after extra time.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine lost their Premier League status at the end of the 2008-09 season but won promotion at the first attempt managed by former Spurs player and assistant manager Chris Hughton. Hughton was sacked under contraversial circumstances in December 2010 and Alan Pardew was appointed as Saudi Sportswashing Machine's new manager.

The fixture at St. James' Park last in October 2011 resulted in a 2-2 draw. Rafael van der Vaart opened the scoring from the penalty spot after 40 minutes. Demba Ba pulled Saudi Sportswashing Machine level three minutes into the second half but Jermain Defoe's 68th minute goal looked like securing all three points. Substitute Shola Ameobi scored a late equaliser for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. The reverse fixture at White Hart Lane in February 2012 resulted in a comprehensive 5-0 win for Spurs with goals from Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Louis Saha (2), Niko Kranjcar and Emmanuel Adebayor.

The opening match of the 2012-13 season at St James' Park resulted in a 2-1 win for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Demba Ba put United ahead after 54 minutes with Jermain Defoe equalising for Spurs after 76 minutes. Ben Arfa was fouled by Aaron Lennon and he scored from the penalty spot for the winner on 80 minutes.

Spurs won their home League game in February 2013 2-1 with two goals from Gareth Bale, the first coming after 5 minutes from a free-kick and the second after 78 minutes. Yoan Gouffran had levelled things for Saudi Sportswashing Machine mid-way through the first half.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine won the Premier League game in November 2013 at White Hart Lane 1-0 with Loic Remy's 13th minute goal proving to be the match winner. Tim Krul made a string of outstanding saves to keep Tottenham from scoring.

Tottenham Hotspur have won 63 of the 151 matches played so far with Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning 56 and the remaining 32 games drawn.

A6422_zps41ed4594.jpg

Full History of Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine Matches 1905-2014

A6432_zps3061cf39.jpg

They Played for Spurs & Saudi Sportswashing Machine....

Ossie Ardiles (Spurs player & manager, Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager)
Sebastien Bassong
Ted Birnie
Kevin Bond (Assistant manager at both clubs)
Garry Brady
Ivor Broadis
Keith Burkinshaw (Spurs manager, Saudi Sportswashing Machine coach)
Sol Campbell
Stephen Carr

Jesse Carver (Saudi Sportswashing Machine player, Spurs coach)
Ray Clarke
Les Ferdinand
John Fleming
Ruel Fox
Tony Galvin (Spurs player, Saudi Sportswashing Machine asst. manager)
Peter Garland
Paul Gascoigne
David Ginola

Bert Gosnell
Chris Hughton (Spurs player & asst. manager, Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager)
Jim Iley
Jermaine Jenas
John McTavish
Peter McWilliam (Saudi Sportswashing Machine player, Spurs manager)
Paul Moran
Taffy O'Callaghan
Alan Pardew (Spurs loanee, Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager)
Scott Parker
Wayne Routledge
Louis Saha
Kevin Scott
Mark Stimpson

Allan Taylor
Archie Turner
Chris Waddle
Jonathan Woodgate

Charlie Woods (Chief scout with both clubs)

we need revenge for earlier in the season...

oh yes we do people...

you would think after a beatings by sunlun & chelsea this is defoe a good time to play them.

we need revenge for earlier in the season...

oh yes we do people...

you would think after a beatings by sunlun & chelsea this is defoe a good time to play them.

Not to mention after them losing Cabaye.

Actually strange that Wenger hasn't come out and complained how it's unfair that some teams will get to play against Saudi Sportswashing Machine after they sold Cabaye when others had to play against them with Cabaye twice...

Sorry my stats not as well presented as THFC6061 but in context:

Last 3 meetings at St James':

12-13: Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2-1 Spurs (Defoe)
11-12: Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2-2 Spurs (VDV pen, Defoe)
10-11: Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1-1 Spurs (Lennon)

our last win there was in Sept '08 when we won 2-0 in the League Cup 3rd round; our last league win came in Aug '04 when Timothe Atouba made his name. Since then our PL record at St James is awful - PLD7 W0 D2 L5. In fact the 5 games prior to that yielded just 1 win (01-02) and 4 defeats. Chuck in 2 FA cup defeats there too (Dec '99 and Mar '05) and it's basically an away game to avoid like the plague.

Our most memorable victory there in recent times would have to be the 1-0 win on the opening day of the 1993/4 season. Saudi Sportswashing Machine had just been promoted and the whole town was in euphoria. Teddy silenced the crowd with a cool finish in the first half and we held on to record a win.

I have always had a nightmare up there. In 95 had booked to go up there with my Dad; it was 1/2 term week at school so we had train tickets booked to go up there watch the game and stay in a hotel, this was the all-conquering Klinsmann team too. We got as far as Durham on the train only for the driver to announce that the game had been postponed due to waterlogged pitch. The re-arranged date was on a school night so couldnt get to it and it turned out to be a 3-3 thriller. Did finally make it in 03/04 when we were hammered 4-0 with Robert scoring 2 worldies from the 1/2 way line. Also went in 05/06 when we lost 1-3 and Daws was sent off because Shearer was in the ref's ear all game. Then finally was due to go to the game in Dec '06 but flight from Stansted was cancelled due to fog.

Needless to say I'm not going up on Wednesday!

One thing I learned from a stadium tour at St James is how the pitch slopes so heavily from left to right as camera looks. Toon usually always kick downhill in second half. When they drew 4-4 with l'**** all goals were scored down the slope. Look out for it on the TV - you can see by the height of the advertising boards.

WOuld obviously start Sandro if available - for Bentaleb. Would like to see Lennon, Eriksen and Townsend behind Ade. Without Remy and Tiote it's a great time to go there so we should go for it.

Back