• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project ***

Made a choice at the start of the season to really follow us on the road......and it has been great times. Leicester, Swansea, Southampton , Watford, Palace so far...it's harder getting tickets (now we're good:)) BUT i dont spend a great deal on anything else so if it's over and above i could not care. I'm still going to the lane a bit, and next year will get down there as much as possible, as the old girl will be going:(

There's not many constants in life but Tottenham is one and always will be.

Amen brother.

Made a choice at the start of the season to really follow us on the road......and it has been great times. Leicester, Swansea, Southampton , Watford, Palace so far...it's harder getting tickets (now we're good:)) BUT i dont spend a great deal on anything else so if it's over and above i could not care. I'm still going to the lane a bit, and next year will get down there as much as possible, as the old girl will be going:(

There's not many constants in life but Tottenham is one and always will be.

I doth my cap to you sir!

This win could be very crucial in our league title race. There are so many positive points we can take from this win. Firstly, we beat our title rival ManCity home and away, won at ManCity for the first time in 6 years, won our 5th consecutive league win and also got our 7th consecutive win in all competitions. Most importantly, this win has put us back into 2nd place, just 2 points behind Leicester. Hopefully we can go on a long run and win the ultimate price, the league title !

Delighted with this win but did not really enjoy the match as it was too tense until it finished ! I think we could have won this match more comfortably if we had approached it differently. I think Pochettino did 2 big mistakes which is not starting Lamela and bringing on Carroll instead of Lamela when we were leading 1-0. Lamela was our best player against ManCity at home, so should have started this match. And the unwritten rules in football says you should not change the players when the score is just 1-0, especially by bringing in a inexperienced player like Carroll. I think that unsettled the team and allowed ManCity to equalise. Lamela would have done much better by giving the extra protection to our defence. And it was Lamela who rescued us with that inch perfect pass to Eriksen to score our winning goal.

Credit to Kane and Eriksen for scoring the crucial goals. But Kane's goal from the penalty was a definite gift from the ref as the handball decision looked very soft. But after the way the ref Clattenberg robbed us of the wonder goal by Mendes against ManU all those years ago, it was a fitting compensation to get a soft penalty like that. Kane did well to score from the penalty despite all the pressure on him. But apart from the goal, thought Kane looked poor all match. Well done to Eriksen for getting our winning goal but Lamela has to take the credit for creating that chance out of nothing. Lamela won the ball initially by pressuring the ManCity player and then went on that run to pass to Eriksen.

Well done to our midfield and defence for their contribution to this win. Dembele and Dier did well to control the midfield which stopped ManCity from attacking us much. Our defence of Lloris, Alderweireld and Wimmer worked hard to stop whatever ManCity threw at us. Credit to Lloris for making atleast 1 good save, especially in injury time. But it was disappointing the way ManCity scored their goal. We shouldn''t have let them having that free shot from which they scored.

It feels great to be just 2 points behind the top place in the league. Hopefully we can keep on improving until we move into the first place !

The vast majority of those Wimmer passes were low risk, low reward safe passes though. City more or less parked the bus on us for periods of the game and we passed it out from the back with no pressure on us.

When we got further forward and needed something a bit more special our players weren't quite at their best I thought and too often we were let down by a pass or a touch that I would expect that player to pull off most of the time.
That's just not true! He played a lot of very good passes through their midfield and both him and Alderweireld made quite a few beautiful cross passes.

How many are "a lot"?
I don't know how many passes he made in total, but int the norwegian PL studio, they highlighted Wimmer and Alders distribution, and showed at least 5 or 6 from Wimmer where he thread the ball through Citys first line of press with 25-30 meter passes. And they were all successful. Add to that some crosses as well. In my view that's quit a lot of "useful" passing from a CB.

He runs like a cart horse

He was sweating after 10 minutes like he had played a whole game

That's just the way his body reacts, I've seen plenty of athletes who sweat easily. In general I think the last two games they have had has taken a lot out of them, their whole team looked dead on their feet when we scored and they couldn't build up any quick movement after that.

I do love me some tunnel cam, as it's nice to see the players off the pitch and behind the scenes, with the kids, etc. Part of me wishes for some Roy Keane-esque tension though....

I think that tunnel cam shows that our lot are very professional and humble even in victory although I did love Dier coming in at half time obviously having some sort of discussion with a Emirates Marketing Project player.

I don't know how many passes he made in total, but int the norwegian PL studio, they highlighted Wimmer and Alders distribution, and showed at least 5 or 6 from Wimmer where he thread the ball through Citys first line of press with 25-30 meter passes. And they were all successful. Add to that some crosses as well. In my view that's quit a lot of "useful" passing from a CB.

That's exactly how I remember it too

Wimmer's passes v City

Wimmer_v_Man_City.png

and here are Toby's

Alder_v_Man_City.png

So around 15% of his passes that is? I still think saying that the vast majority of his passes were low risk, low reward safe passes rings true. Even some of his cross field balls were fairly safe passes to players in a lot of space.

Nothing wrong with it. Just pointing out that a pass completion rate like that for a centre back isn't particularly telling when one talks about the overall quality of the passing for a team that dominates possession playing against a team sitting back (as City did most of the time in the first half in particular).

Fortunately our manager seems to know exactly what he is doing!!

Agreed.

The Son or Lamela decision was probably fairly close decision and could have gone either way. Certainly split opinions on here. Son didn't have a particularly good game, but we know he's capable of being the difference maker just like Lamela was when he came on.

Bringing Carroll on when we're leading to help our pass and move game and help us keep possession and stop the opponents from building big pressure is something Pochettino has done in the past and it seems like a good move for me.

This win could be very crucial in our league title race. There are so many positive points we can take from this win. Firstly, we beat our title rival ManCity home and away, won at ManCity for the first time in 6 years, won our 5th consecutive league win and also got our 7th consecutive win in all competitions. Most importantly, this win has put us back into 2nd place, just 2 points behind Leicester. Hopefully we can go on a long run and win the ultimate price, the league title !

Delighted with this win but did not really enjoy the match as it was too tense until it finished ! I think we could have won this match more comfortably if we had approached it differently. I think Pochettino did 2 big mistakes which is not starting Lamela and bringing on Carroll instead of Lamela when we were leading 1-0. Lamela was our best player against ManCity at home, so should have started this match. And the unwritten rules in football says you should not change the players when the score is just 1-0, especially by bringing in a inexperienced player like Carroll. I think that unsettled the team and allowed ManCity to equalise. Lamela would have done much better by giving the extra protection to our defence. And it was Lamela who rescued us with that inch perfect pass to Eriksen to score our winning goal.

Credit to Kane and Eriksen for scoring the crucial goals. But Kane's goal from the penalty was a definite gift from the ref as the handball decision looked very soft. But after the way the ref Clattenberg robbed us of the wonder goal by Mendes against ManU all those years ago, it was a fitting compensation to get a soft penalty like that. Kane did well to score from the penalty despite all the pressure on him. But apart from the goal, thought Kane looked poor all match. Well done to Eriksen for getting our winning goal but Lamela has to take the credit for creating that chance out of nothing. Lamela won the ball initially by pressuring the ManCity player and then went on that run to pass to Eriksen.

Well done to our midfield and defence for their contribution to this win. Dembele and Dier did well to control the midfield which stopped ManCity from attacking us much. Our defence of Lloris, Alderweireld and Wimmer worked hard to stop whatever ManCity threw at us. Credit to Lloris for making atleast 1 good save, especially in injury time. But it was disappointing the way ManCity scored their goal. We shouldn''t have let them having that free shot from which they scored.

It feels great to be just 2 points behind the top place in the league. Hopefully we can keep on improving until we move into the first place !
I disagree with your comment that I have bolded. My thoughts were that Pochettino was completely right to bring Carrol on. At that stage of the game I thought we were guilty of giving the ball away too cheaply. I think that Pochettino's aim when bringing Carroll on was for us to get more possession of the football (or more pertinently to keep the ball for longer on the occasions that we had it). Carroll is good at moving into space to receive a pass, he always gives the defence a passing option and he typically also uses the ball well. At that stage of the game I thought it was a logical and good substitution to make. Pochettino then brought Lamela on close to the end when the game was getting quite stretched. At that time space was starting to open up between City's defence and midfield and he was a good option to exploit that.

I agree with you here. I thought Wimmer's passing looked very competent indeed. He always seemed to take the right option in terms of a short pass into Toby or Dier or out to the full back, but also found our more advanced midfielders on a few occasions when they were in space higher up the pitch.

Back