• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project ***

What a game ( and I have still not got my voice back) having witnessed us getting hammered in the last couple of games there it was brilliant to come out of the ground with the three points. And as for them moaning about the penalty decision then they should look at those games over the years when the decisions have gone for them which were just as dodgy.

There was only a short period of the game when I felt like we were getting over run a little and that was just after they scored, but we held on and got the winner and then all hell broke lose around me and I can not remember when so many fans went so mental.

This is why I spend my money on tickets and I will never forget the moments after Eriksens goal and the look on the players/ Pooch's face when they came over to us at the end. It was worth every penny spent and will live with me forever.

I love Spurs and days like that are what its all about.

Exactly. Days/Nights like that are when the sacrifice is well worth it. I get by on a couple of quid spends through the week and save what we can for the trips down to London, some months are harder than others, but when people up here ask why we do it and drive all that way, I can point to similar days like yesterday.
Very gutted we weren't there yesterday and Watford too for that matter, but have had the great pleasure of being there on 'Crouch night', all four of the recent 2-1 NLD wins, Pav in the rain v Liverpool, Inter 3-1 and those days stay with me forever.

We are starting to look good for at least a Top 4 spot now, how good would it be to wrap that up at home to Southampton. That would make for an awesome final home match and 'lap of honour' and another afternoon to remember.

So jealous right now of you and 3000 or so others

Exactly. Days/Nights like that are when the sacrifice is well worth it. I get by on a couple of quid spends through the week and save what we can for the trips down to London, some months are harder than others, but when people up here ask why we do it and drive all that way, I can point to similar days like yesterday.
Very gutted we weren't there yesterday and Watford too for that matter, but have had the great pleasure of being there on 'Crouch night', all four of the recent 2-1 NLD wins, Pav in the rain v Liverpool, Inter 3-1 and those days stay with me forever.

We are starting to look good for at least a Top 4 spot now, how good would it be to wrap that up at home to Southampton. That would make for an awesome final home match and 'lap of honour' and another afternoon to remember.

So jealous right now of you and 3000 or so others

Could not agree more and I know how much of a trip guys like you make, I worked in Manchester for a few years and travelled the M6: M1 route, I got asked the same question by workmates ( why) my answer was Hoddle, Ossie, Stevie etc and the joy of seeing something special.

Surprised they weren't all on Yaya he couldn't barely move his legs

He was sweating like a pig after 10 minutes and there was one run which reminded me of Jonah Lomah but in slow motion

I noticed watching the game again, when he lost the ball he had no one in front of him to pass to and that the 3/4 City players level with him all just stood and looked, they were out on their feet. They tried to come back but fatigue and trying too hard to force the game blunted their fluency.

Could not agree more and I know how much of a trip guys like you make, I worked in Manchester for a few years and travelled the M6: M1 route, I got asked the same question by workmates ( why) my answer was Hoddle, Ossie, Stevie etc and the joy of seeing something special.

Hope you didn't have to make a trip to see the Burnley league cup game in the early 80's

Watching on TV could not believe how many city seats were empty with 10 mins to go. Unbelievable. Is there support it really that bad?

Those seats were empty long before that

They had better fans when they were brick

Don't knock it as will have the same in the new ground, especially if we keep on progressing. A lot of seats were front row and I'd hazard a guess that were owned By touts or casual fans

I still think their owners cook their attendances like they do their commercial revenue to make the numbers add up. I have never ever seen a city shirt (since they were rich) anywhere within 50 mile of where I live (no where near Manchester) yet I do see Pool for example and even Poocastle. Yet city claim they sell plenty of shirts even in the UK. I genuinely would t be surprised to see the owners buying up stock in their own shop to give it away

Yes, we did get lucky yesterday for the penalty...but need i remind anyone of the following:

- Jan 2012: Ballotelli stamp on Parker, Lescott's elbow smash on Kaboul
- Jan 2014: fake penalty awarded and we actually had Rose sent off
- Oct 2014: Lampard...nuff said...

And then Clattenburg on his own: Pedro Mendes, Nani....

Nah...KARMA

Also what about the fact YaYa should've had two yellows first-half and thus been off the fudging pitch? of course, the way Erik strolled past him looked like he was hahahahahahah, Yaya you fudging the clam!

Indeed, my few away days a season come via the west coast!!!!! At one point in the 90s I was averaging 1-12 games a season as I had a lot more back and forth travel, but now tis a couple of times a year and so not nearly as many. I will be back over for one more visit this season and am looking at a long week in early to mid-May...COYS

Great game and a great result. Could barely believe it when we got the winner...

Didn't think our performance was particularly good overall. We were ok, but by our own high standards we've been better recently. Though the way we responded to the equalizer, the way we defended overall and some of the individual moments were great.

City showed us a ton of respect. I half expected/feared Toure to be moved to the #10 spot, with Fernandinho and Fernando making them a lot more solid. Kompany back, Silva back and Pellegrini going for Clichy over Kolarov as well as Zabaleta being back (for some time) made them a much stronger unit than they've been earlier in the season. Thought last week that it might be a good time to play city with Kompany, Silva and De Bruyne out. But actually they were quite good. That makes our performance all that much better of course.

Great game and a great result. Could barely believe it when we got the winner...

Didn't think our performance was particularly good overall. We were ok, but by our own high standards we've been better recently. Though the way we responded to the equalizer, the way we defended overall and some of the individual moments were great.

City showed us a ton of respect. I half expected/feared Toure to be moved to the #10 spot, with Fernandinho and Fernando making them a lot more solid. Kompany back, Silva back and Pellegrini going for Clichy over Kolarov as well as Zabaleta being back (for some time) made them a much stronger unit than they've been earlier in the season. Thought last week that it might be a good time to play city with Kompany, Silva and De Bruyne out. But actually they were quite good. That makes our performance all that much better of course.

Agreed. Some of our passing/ball retention was actually sloppier than usual, but the character and belief was 100%. That was exciting, because we will need these sorts of wins down the stretch. We just seemed so sure/quietly determined.

I have to say that win on Sunday was truly MASSIVE!
When they equalised it felt just like the game at the Emirates where you just wished we could get a second goal to give ourselves some breathing space. I think i hit the bedroom wall in frustration (at least i didn't swear within earshot of the kids lol) so much did it remind me of that game in terms of letting a lead 'slip'. Typical Spurs i was beginning to think...

However,of course UNLIKE that game we were able to actually hold tight and actually go up the other end and score again!! How many of the other teams near the top over recent years would have just shut up shop and settled for a (very decent) point. Do you think Jose would have made that kind of sub to get the extra 2 points?
Not sure even SAF would have done that more than 3 times out of ten.

Fcking well done to Poch for rolling that dice! (Thin line between holding onto a good slid point and going for three and ending up with NONE!)
Fcking well done to Lamela for that run and GREAT assist (the best we've had this season imo).
Fcking well done to Eriksen for coolly dispatching the chance (Hi Gareth and Jermaine;)).
Fcking well done to Hugo BOSS for pushing that last cross away from Otamendi's head.
Fcking well done to the whole team for the balls to control large parts of that game in City's backyard (our recent Graveyard).
Fcking well done to the travelling support (as usual).

COYFS

:cool:

Last edited:
Agreed. Some of our passing/ball retention was actually sloppier than usual, but the character and belief was 100%. That was exciting, because we will need these sorts of wins down the stretch. We just seemed so sure/quietly determined.
I disagree and thought we were excellent with our passing

Look at wimmers stats for example as a centre back he made 96% of his passes. We were under pressure for a chunk of the game yet we nee passes to other players and didn't panic

Look at wimmers stats for example as a centre back he made 96% of his passes. We were under pressure for a chunk of the game yet we nee passes to other players and didn't panic

The vast majority of those Wimmer passes were low risk, low reward safe passes though. City more or less parked the bus on us for periods of the game and we passed it out from the back with no pressure on us.

When we got further forward and needed something a bit more special our players weren't quite at their best I thought and too often we were let down by a pass or a touch that I would expect that player to pull off most of the time.

Wimmer was excellent and I think that's an unfair stat to pull out as it could suggest you think I was singling someone out ;-)...I wasn't! But brain clarified my thoughts a bit further down, and I think if you watch again you'll see a few looser passes around the centre circle than usual. In part this was because of Emirates Marketing Project, but what was most impressive was the speed with which we attacked the ball/player and either won it back or forced the ball out of play with no damage. The team ethic/work was so evident.

What a game ( and I have still not got my voice back) having witnessed us getting hammered in the last couple of games there it was brilliant to come out of the ground with the three points. And as for them moaning about the penalty decision then they should look at those games over the years when the decisions have gone for them which were just as dodgy.

There was only a short period of the game when I felt like we were getting over run a little and that was just after they scored, but we held on and got the winner and then all hell broke lose around me and I can not remember when so many fans went so mental.

This is why I spend my money on tickets and I will never forget the moments after Eriksens goal and the look on the players/ Pooch's face when they came over to us at the end. It was worth every penny spent and will live with me forever.

I love Spurs and days like that are what its all about.

I think all spurs fans who were not there are incredibly jealous of you there buddy. I know I certainly am. I have to say it is always a pleasure hearing the Spurs fans sing at away games. Everywhere they go............

I think all spurs fans who were not there are incredibly jealous of you there buddy. I know I certainly am. I have to say it is always a pleasure hearing the Spurs fans sing at away games. Everywhere they go............

Obviously the Lane has been my second home ( to be honest I have moved around a lot so have probably spent more time there then anywhere) but its the away games that I really love. We always have a great time traveling and having a few laughs and especially on a day like last Sunday, not knocking fans at the Lane but the away support is much better and they are all there for a good old knees up and sing along.

Obviously the Lane has been my second home ( to be honest I have moved around a lot so have probably spent more time there then anywhere) but its the away games that I really love. We always have a great time traveling and having a few laughs and especially on a day like last Sunday, not knocking fans at the Lane but the away support is much better and they are all there for a good old knees up and sing along.

Made a choice at the start of the season to really follow us on the road......and it has been great times. Leicester, Swansea, Southampton , Watford, Palace so far...it's harder getting tickets (now we're good:)) BUT i dont spend a great deal on anything else so if it's over and above i could not care. I'm still going to the lane a bit, and next year will get down there as much as possible, as the old girl will be going:(

There's not many constants in life but Tottenham is one and always will be.

Back