1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by AberYid, 12 Dec 2013.

1. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Your right, ill be there on Wednesday night supporting the team as usual, its in your blood isnt it

2. PochettinoPochettinoPochettino

PochettinoPochettinoPochettino Serge Aurier

Similar Marky, 18 years but you know what, coming out of the ground yesterday I wasn't angry or upset, was just laughing at how bad we are.

People change and I certainly don't worry anymore about spurs. I guess as you get older there are more important things to enjoy/worry about.

3. Papercut

Papercut Jermaine Jenas

Aaaaargh - work today... can't even take the pis5 out of the goons :(

4. diego_maradona

diego_maradona Steffen Iversen Staff Member

Going to be horrible

5. PochettinoPochettinoPochettino

PochettinoPochettinoPochettino Serge Aurier

Luckily got today off! But tomorrow will be just as bad. More southern ****ing scouters in my office than London club supporters.

6. Robbo

Robbo Nick Barmby

Luckily I had a family dinner to go to, and didn't see the game. I wonder though, for those of you who watched the game, would we have done better with two proper centre backs, a proper left back and Sandro fit for the entire game? How much of the loss/performance was due to us missing key players, and hwo much was due to us being, well, **** overall?

7. P.D.

P.D. Dean Austin

I'll whisper it quietly but I thought we actually had a few nice interchanges around the box. Certainly a bit slicker than previous games.

8. lurker of old

lurker of old Peter Taylor

Now the dust is settling on AVB's departure, I'd like to know what went wrong yesterday.
    None of us saw it coming, we all saw a home win. We had played well against ManU, maybe deserved more than one point.
    So were AVB's tactics in the first half hour hopelessly wrong, or did the players just under-perform spectacularly?
    Surely one part of the game plan must have been to protect our injury weakened defence, and in particular the left back position?
    I'm not a football tactician, just someone who loves the game....how did AVB get the first half yesterday so hopelessly wrong? Or was it just one of those "bad days at the office" when everything that can go wrong, does go wrong??

9. lurker of old

lurker of old Peter Taylor

Just wondering whether Sandro's thigh strain might have been what did for AVB!!!!
    I'm sure yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back for Levy, the lack of goals and dull, ponderous approach play being the main problem.
    But the manager was surely unlucky yesterday...

10. DHSF

DHSF Les Ferdinand

High line with that injury hit defence of ours against the likes of Suarez and Sterling? recipe for disaster.

11. Jordinho

Jordinho Tony Marchi Staff Member

I knew within the first 5 minutes it was going to be one of those days. I kept watching in the hope that we would turn it around, but every loose ball seemed to drop to a Liverpool player and every 50/50 decision going their way. I can certainly understand the frustration among our players in the second half. Remember Holtby picking up a rather needless booking.

12. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Colin Calderwood

Too cautious, needed to take the game to Liverpool

No Townsend or Lamela

Playing Naughton

13. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Paul Robinson

before the game

But my real issue was at 1-0
    Why did he not change anything? Why did he keep the high line?

14. 90291Spur

90291Spur Jimmy Neighbour

As many have said, a high line with a CB pairing of Daws and Capoue and with Naughton at LB is and was lunacy. Sterling was roasting Naughts from the off and someone should have gone back to double up on him and help out (Capello said so on Sky Italia).

15. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Paul Walsh

16. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Paul Robinson

A well put comment at the bottom of that article:

17. Aportoaporto

Aportoaporto Guest

Haha. Well. They weren't wrong, you have to admit.

18. Aportoaporto

Aportoaporto Guest

We genuinely thought that because of all of your injuries and your (ex)manager's continued stubbornness with regards to playing a high line and inverted wingers that limit the space and opportunities afforded to Soldado.

It's honestly not that big a conclusion to jump to. We were always going to stop our losing streak against you sooner or later, and Sunday was definitely the time it was most likely to happen.

19. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Terry Dyson

Not bad?? Brilliant I would say

20. BrainOfLevy

BrainOfLevy Vedran Corluka

Don't agree with any of that comment, as well written as it was.

Nothing has come out about his man management so far, and most players seemed to back him. He was given top jobs in England because he won a treble and went a season undefeated, so he kind of paid his dues pretty quickly. I've also seen us turn games around after in-match tactical decisions and he had a great win % with us.