• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Such is the level of delusion drummed into me during 30 years of supporting Spurs, that I firmly believe we will win and will be fuming if / when we don’t :)

On a serious note though: maybe being under dogs and written off might be the kick up the arse we need...

As good as that day was, and it was epic, it also shows the different paths the clubs have taken.
We repeatedly exposed their problems, they went out and solved those problems, we sat back on our arses and admired ourselves.
Watching that game you would said we would go on and win a CL and PL, not them.

Oh, and does Toby actually look any better now than lovren did then? They sideline him, we give ours a new contract.

As good as that day was, and it was epic, it also shows the different paths the clubs have taken.
We repeatedly exposed their problems, they went out and solved those problems, we sat back on our arses and admired ourselves.
Watching that game you would said we would go on and win a CL and PL, not them.

Oh, and does Toby actually look any better now than lovren did then? They sideline him, we give ours a new contract.

Good points and a bit scary.

However, while he's not been a regular for them the way Toby is for us, didn't they give Lovren a new contract in the last year?

The other thing is VVD. I laughed when they paid £75m for him because I remember Harry embarrassing him in a 4-1 at SCBC a few years back. How the fudge has he had such a transformational effect on their defence?

However, while he's not been a regular for them the way Toby is for us, didn't they give Lovren a new contract in the last year?

The other thing is VVD. I laughed when they paid £75m for him because I remember Harry embarrassing him in a 4-1 at SCBC a few years back. How the fudge has he had such a transformational effect on their defence?
He got caught out by a fresh Kane on the day but always had a potential very high ceiling even at Celtic. It just took some time for him to grow fully into his frame and develop his reading of the game.

I do vaguely recall a couple fans on COYS shouting his name out when he was still at Celtic. But obviously Southampton are the ones who took the risk and then gained the reward from first his performances and then the fee.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Is lovren still there? I know they struggled to get a buyer but that he was away.
Must admit I was the same with vvd, he played in slippers up here, it was so easy for him it actually made it difficult to tell how good he was.

With the huge negativity on display here (and yes, I admit to it also), it does beg the question how the atmosphere inside the ground will be come Sat evening.

If this forum is representative at all of the fans going - and I expect it does share much the same view on this fixture - then when/if Liverpool score, how will the ground react to lift the boys?? The usual sense of "oh well, it was a good point while it lasted" will only transcend onto the pitch and deflate the lads further.

We have a toxic problem at the moment where our boys don't seem to have that we'll fudging show you mentality towards the fans if things aren't going so well.
And largely we're a fanbase that is reactive rather than proactive...The team give us something positive to get behind and we'll do it (and do it well). But start the game with the same old brick we've been seeing of late and you'll get nothing out of us to help you change the lethargy on pitch.

There's a foreboding sense of forgone conclusion about this match. And it's counter-productive unfortunately.

Such is the level of delusion drummed into me during 30 years of supporting Spurs, that I firmly believe we will win and will be fuming if / when we don’t :)

On a serious note though: maybe being under dogs and written off might be the kick up the arse we need...

I know just what you mean but i really would not be surprised if we won this game.

With the huge negativity on display here (and yes, I admit to it also), it does beg the question how the atmosphere inside the ground will be come Sat evening.

If this forum is representative at all of the fans going - and I expect it does share much the same view on this fixture - then when/if Liverpool score, how will the ground react to lift the boys?? The usual sense of "oh well, it was a good point while it lasted" will only transcend onto the pitch and deflate the lads further.

We have a toxic problem at the moment where our boys don't seem to have that we'll fudging show you meteorology towards the fans if things aren't going so well.
And largely we're a fanbase that is reactive rather than proactive...The team give us something positive to get behind and we'll do it (and do it well). But start the game with the same old brick we've been seeing of late and you'll get nothing out of us to help you change the lethargy on pitch.

There's a foreboding sense of forgone conclusion about this match. And it's counter-productive unfortunately.
A late Saturday kick off in a big match will definitely greeted with the blind optimism and noise the pre match neck oil helps generate. The issue will be how we play, the players need to turn up too. Not conceding an early goal would help...

We have a toxic problem at the moment where our boys don't seem to have that we'll fudging show you meteorology towards the fans if things aren't going so well.

I kind of agree with that, however the atmosphere is likely to get far worse over the coming months if we slip down the league a bit and the players show no heart.

I actually think we might perform ok on sat as our players get up for the game. I actually think we might nick a point.

My concern is more games against weaker teams between now and May

Gazzaniga
Aurier Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen
Lo Celso Dier Eriksen
Alli
Moura Son

I expect

What I'd do:

Gazzaniga
Foyth Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen
Lo Celso Eriksen Dier
Lamela Son Moura

We win 3-0

Will be fun on here Saturday evening, there are far too many contributors who derive a perverse pleasure from our loses or poor performances. I hate Saturday evening games but I'll be over the moon with a win and I don't give a brick how many mistakes we make or who makes 'em if we get a result.

I’m kinda enjoying going to a game with no expectation
We’re in a bad way, and whatever happens we know they will be top of the league at the end of the day and we’re now a long way from that but every GHod has his day and we will be back

When Mourinho was in the sky studio when Liverpool played manu, he spoke about Liverpool struggling most with teams sitting deep, and that you get murdered if you try to play. Manu played very defensively and kept compact, and came away with a draw.
I think they played a 5-3-2, and I expect something similar from Jose now.

I’m kinda enjoying going to a game with no expectation
We’re in a bad way, and whatever happens we know they will be top of the league at the end of the day and we’re now a long way from that but every GHod has his day and we will be back
I have no expectation too, and I'm actually considering not watching it, to spare myself. But then there's that voice in my head says "what if...!", and you think that you have to watch anyway, just in case we actually win, and then when we approach kick off, expectations begin to rise. In the end that often leads to being massively disappointed.

Last edited:
Back