• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He nominated four or five players, so I think that he is saying he should be in consideration rather than was the best player. I agree with him, Dele was asked to do a lot today and I think that he did most of it quite well.

Not to mention he's played a lot of games. He's always a bit frustrating punctuated by moments of brilliance.

Tangana obviously deserves to be on the mom list - 2 goal-saving block/clearances on his debut !! - but the goal we did concede he might have done better? Sanchez or Moura mom, therefore. Of those two there's not much in it. Wish Moura had played a stronger pass to Son, and I think Son would have scored. So Sanchez my mom! Massive that he's looking so much more assured.

Not to mention he's played a lot of games. He's always a bit frustrating punctuated by moments of brilliance.

Tangana obviously deserves to be on the mom list - 2 goal-saving block/clearances on his debut !! - but the goal we did concede he might have done better? Sanchez or Moura mom, therefore. Of those two there's not much in it. Wish Moura had played a stronger pass to Son, and I think Son would have scored. So Sanchez my mom! Massive that he's looking so much more assured.
You can’t stop everything, that first touch from firminio was excellent and would have done the best defenders out there, sometimes you just have to give credit to the attacking team. It shouldn’t have got to that point anyways

You can’t stop everything, that first touch from firminio was excellent and would have done the best defenders out there, sometimes you just have to give credit to the attacking team. It shouldn’t have got to that point anyways
Agreed. Especially the last bit.

Can’t fault the effort today
We had our chances
I enjoyed the fans actually getting behind the players for once too

An on the way home with this now, a lovely way to end a good day with my pals

Attachments

• 5639078C-EA42-45D6-8CB3-C9D1A7F5BE86.jpeg
    5639078C-EA42-45D6-8CB3-C9D1A7F5BE86.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 20
Today I felt about as good about a defeat as I have felt in years. I expected us to get munted. Instead, what I saw was perhaps the beginning of what Mourinho feels he can do and a set of players (mostly) committed to
him doing it (Rose and Eriksen being exceptions though at least Rose gives a shift).

Winks was brave today, I have praised Alli elsewhere, Moura was a little lion (I just wish he read the game better!), disappointingly Sonny is in one of his poor spells while the rest of the defence looked better than for many a month.

We were smart, disciplined and in the end created more clear cut chances -and conceded less- than again for too long.

Lots of positives, and with a double incoming Fernandez on the cards, there feels like hope after all...

Today I felt about as good about a defeat as I have felt in years. I expected us to get munted. Instead, what I saw was perhaps the beginning of what Mourinho feels he can do and a set of players (mostly) committed to
him doing it (Rose and Eriksen being exceptions though at least Rose gives a shift).

Winks was brave today, I have praised Alli elsewhere, Moura was a little lion (I just wish he read the game better!), disappointingly Sonny is in one of his poor spells while the rest of the defence looked better than for many a month.

We were smart, disciplined and in the end created more clear cut chances -and conceded less- than again for too long.

Lots of positives, and with a double incoming Fernandez on the cards, there feels like hope after all...

In defence of Son, he was playing left midfield in a 4-4-2 which kept him away from the areas where he can have most impact. He had a fair bit of defending to do and put in a disciplined performance.

In defence of Son, he was playing left midfield in a 4-4-2 which kept him away from the areas where he can have most impact. He had a fair bit of defending to do and put in a disciplined performance.

My main observation started with that early break and run where I just felt he was rusty and lacked his usual clinical “thump it” nature. But yes, your point is well made.

@thfcsteff I am encouraged that we looked better organised after a weeks training. Mourinho has been saying that this is what he needed since he arrived and there were signs that he might be right.

This and I am encouraged that he is getting what he wants (it appears). That defensive shape though...it was tight.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, Steff.

A double Fernandes ???

No dont comment on something ruining the game..
I must admit I have no idea how the panel watching the replay come to a decision. Do they all
watch it together and come to a decision? because if they do it has to be a joke..you might as well let the TV pundits make the decisions with their bias!

on the VAR side, we at the beginning of a long process and it will take year to get right!

And he told Japhet he was playing on Tuesday

When I heard he was starting it visibly lifted my spirits. I thought his pre-season was great! You know what else? Toby looked good today too! All in all, today is the best I have felt about Mourinho/a Mourinho Spurs since he joined us. At this moment in time this performance was vital. We deserved more. How Atkinson let them away with their brickhousing and that horror foul by AR was baffling. When the board went up for three minutes I thought the bars which make an 8 were missing!

Please go Eriksen !!!

This situation now baffles me. Its obvious he is not staying. But its almost the middle of the month and he is still here. So seems that he is going to be signing a pre-contract for next season. If that is true then he has to be benched. I dont care if he is a good player, he is not putting in a real shift, is scared of getting injured and we wont have him next season anyway.

I want him out of the squad. Seems Jan is going as well. He could go back to Ajax in a slower league.

Back