• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Play like we have been and it will be at least 4 or 5 nil. Defend for our lives and hit them on the counter. Are Sissoko and Ndombele available?

My team: 4-5-1 to negate their full backs getting forward would be;

----------------------Gazzaniga-----------------------------
Aurier---Sanchez----Alderweireld--Vertonghen
Sissoko--Ndombele--Dier--Winks--------Moura
-----------------------------Son---------------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Foyth, Dele, Lo Celso, Lamela, Skipp, Parrott

Last edited:
Play like we have been and it will be at least 4 or 5 nil. Defend for our lives and hit them on the counter. Are Sissoko and Ndombele available?

My team: 4-5-1 to negate their full backs getting forward would be;

--------------------------Gazzaniga---------------------------------
Aurier---------Sanchez---------Alderweireld-------Vertonghen
Sissoko----Ndombele----Dier-----Winks-----------------Moura
-----------------------------Son-------------------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Foyth, Dele, Lo Celso, Lamela, Skipp, Parrott

I want Lamela and Lo Celso out there and being bastards. Alexander-Arnold up against Vertonghen, no thanks. I'd stick with Sessegnon, I don't think that he's done much wrong in the last couple of games. I know that some have criticised him for playing a bit safe but I think that is understandable and probably the right thing to do.

.........................Gazza......................

Aurier.......Sanchez.......Toby.............Sess

Sissoko.......NDomele/LoCelso...Dier.....Lamela

...................Son........ Moura.................

Defend and hit on break. Hope for a smash and grab.

I think that it would be this for me, maybe with Lamela and Moura's positions switched and Lamela at #10

I tend to think you need to play quite narrow against Liverpool given their front 3, and have some pace out wide to chase their fullbacks when they push on. I'd therefore go for something like:

----------------------------Gazza----------------------------

--Aurier-----Alderweireld----Sanchez---Vertonghen--

-----------------Dier------Ndombele/Lo Celso---------

----Moura-----------------Dele-----------------Sessegnon

----------------------------Son-------------------------------

Frankly, given where we are, I'm not really bothered about the result. I'd just like to see a bit of fight

Maybe we should man-mark TAA. All I hear nowadays is how WONDERFUL he is. Mind you even their reserves are wonderful nowadays. And their kids. And their fans. All so WONDERFUL right now.

Sessegnon would be a liability in defence at the moment, have seen little from him so far to think he can handle Salah, etc. Would go with the experience of Verts personally. If Sessegnon were to play I'd have him in front of Vertonghen on the left midfield to stop TAA. The rest of that team makes sense.

I want Lamela and Lo Celso out there and being bastards. Alexander-Arnold up against Vertonghen, no thanks. I'd stick with Sessegnon, I don't think that he's done much wrong in the last couple of games. I know that some have criticised him for playing a bit safe but I think that is understandable and probably the right thing to do.
He hasn't done much wrong but hasn't exactly added much either, still very early days for him so I'd prefer to have a proper defender in that position as we will have to sit deep and defend. Pace on our flanks with Sissoko and Moura supporting Son when we counter. I'd happily take a 0-0 or sneak a win through parking the bus, etc. as I can see us getting battered if we try to take them on and play our natural game(whatever that is at the moment!)

He hasn't done much wrong but hasn't exactly added much either, still very early days for him so I'd prefer to have a proper defender in that position as we will have to sit deep and defend. Pace on our flanks with Sissoko and Moura supporting Son when we counter. I'd happily take a 0-0 or sneak a win through parking the bus, etc. as I can see us getting battered if we try to take them on and play our natural game(whatever that is at the moment!)

I agree that we will have to sit deep and play on the counter. I also agree that there is sense in doubling up out wide, it is where many of Liverpool's attacks come from.

I think that Vertonghen has looked well off the pace in his last couple of appearances. Sessegnon hasn't shined at left back yet and has been conservative when going forward but he is playing in a team that is very low on confidence and he is still finding his feet at the club, so I think that he is doing the right thing. He also hasn't done anything wrong playing there yet which is why I'd give him the nod. I think that he's our first choice left back now, at least until Davies comes back.

Sessegnon would be a liability in defence at the moment, have seen little from him so far to think he can handle Salad, etc. Would go with the experience of Verts personally. If Sessegnon were to play I'd have him in front of Vertonghen on the left midfield to stop TAA. The rest of that team makes sense.

For me, other than Seesgnon's lack of adventure he's not done much wrong...Maybe, him sharing the game with Vertonghen is one way to go..

Bringing my little fella to it. We've lost the last 3 without scoring that he's come to so this could push him right over the edge. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Can't see anything other than Liverpool smashing us. Jose can't even spoil the game like he would have at Chelsea or United with the players we have and the goals we've been leaking. I've never been this pessimistic about a game against those fudgers.

Alright. Time to bring some optimism and belief into this thread... Yeah, that's hard.

One positive is that their performances haven't always been as good as their results, but so hard to see is get something from this one.

We'll have to well fired up for this one. A chance for Mourinho to have his players prove a point about who is good enough to keep building around for the future.

Alright. Time to bring some optimism and belief into this thread... Yeah, that's hard.

One positive is that their performances haven't always been as good as their results, but so hard to see is get something from this one.

We'll have to well fired up for this one. A chance for Mourinho to have his players prove a point about who is good enough to keep building around for the future.
We'll play well and get fudged by VAR.

Back