• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City (FA Cup)***

DublinSpur

Scott Parker
Where: White Hart Lane
When: Sunday Jan 10th 2016, 4pm
What: FA Cup 3rd Round

To be shown on BBC-One (UK).

........................................ Vorm
Trippier ..... Alderweireld ..... Wimmer ..... Rose
...................... Mason ............. Bentaleb
Onomah ...................... Carroll ................... Chadli
...................................... Son

Leicester will be without Vardy. Even if he was fit, though, I think they'll rest players. A title challenge is beyond them (IMO) but Ranieri won't want them to start sliding down the table at this stage and I think he'll prioritise the league, and look towards maximising points. So I think we can rotate heavily and use the FA Cup to give the squad a run-out.

Spurs 3-1 Leicester

I think Poch will pick a stronger team than this, but this would be my XI:

---------------vorm
trippier----fazio----wimmer---davies/rose (depending on who he wants to pick for the next league game)
-----------bentaleb---mason
---onomah-----carroll-----chadli
----------------son

I think our squad is in a place where we can rotate well without dropping in overall quality.

In defence Im happy with any combination of FBs and Wimmer alongside either first choice CB.

Atm any combination of CM could argue their case to be starting so I have no worries there.

AM will probably see our biggest drop in quality if fully rotated with Chadli Onomah and Townsend coming in - assuming Son comes in for Kane up front, but leave either Lamela/Alli/Eriksen in alongside Onomah and Chadli and we will be ok.

I'd like to see something like :

Lloris
Trippier Alderwiereld Wimmer Rose
Mason Bentaleb
Onomah Eriksen Chadli
Son

And would be confident of going through with that I think

Leicester will be playing their reserves.

Vorm
Trippier Carter-Vickers Wimmer Davies
Carroll Bentaleb
Onomah Mason Chadli
Son

Leicester will be playing their reserves.

Vorm
Trippier Carter-Vickers Wimmer Davies
Carroll Bentaleb
Onomah Mason Chadli
Son

That's what I would do, though I think we all know that Poch will pretty much play our first choice 11....

Not sure if he will play our first choice 11 but it should be ( I hope) as strong to it as possible. Its the FA Cup for fudges sake.

I think that he will pick a side to similar to the one that he put out against Arsenal in the League Cup

I cant see some of the teams selected on here, there are just too many changes, I think Poch will pick at least 6 regular starters and see how the game goes. We are good enough to win the cup this year if we take it seriously.

Not sure if he will play our first choice 11 but it should be ( I hope) as strong to it as possible. Its the FA Cup for fudges sake.

It might be the FA Cup but it's still a home game against Andy King, Marcin Wasilewski, Joe Dodoo and Yohan Benalouane.
Meanwhile the Leicester first team are resting up ready for our league game.

I cant see some of the teams selected on here, there are just too many changes, I think Poch will pick at least 6 regular starters and see how the game goes. We are good enough to win the cup this year if we take it seriously.

Well I hope Poch takes it more seriously then some fans are.

--------------------------Lloris

Trippier--------Verts----------Wimmer--------Rose

-----------------Mason-----------Bentaleb

Dembele-------------Onomah---------Chadli

------------------------Son

Ideally a good chance to rest some players seriously in need of a breather, but chances are Poch will only rest a few as a defeat to Leicester in the first of the double bill is not great preparation for the league game. I'm glad both of these are home games.

--------------------------Lloris

Trippier--------Verts----------Wimmer--------Rose

-----------------Mason-----------Bentaleb

Dembele-------------Onomah---------Chadli

------------------------Son

Is Dembele fit again? If he is, I'd definitely let him take the extra rest and leave him out.

If I remember rightly last time we played Leicester in a cup game was in the 05/06 (lasagne) season when we lost 3-2 in the FA Cup.

Back