• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fulham***

Does this at some point become a conversation about philosophical free will?

For me I think there's a difference between the kind of hand ball where a player deliberately stops the ball and where a player unfairly makes himself bigger and it ends up as a handball. Yellow fruit one, not for the other trio more both makes sense and seems to be fairly consistently applied by the refs.

No it doesn't, because you have to deliberately put your hand in the position to stop the ball for it to be a free kick. Jezuz.....
I've only been a referee for 25 years, so what do I know.
How do you judge if the act is deliberate to possibly gain an advantage or just thoughtless or careless?

Why are penalties ever given unless it's a Suarez type block of a certain goal? What kind of player deliberately stops a cross south their hand to prevent a possible chance art the cost of a certain huge chance in a penalty?

No it doesn't, because you have to deliberately put your hand in the position to stop the ball for it to be a free kick. Jezuz.....
I've only been a referee for 25 years, so what do I know.
Your first claim on this was that "unnatural position" isn't even a thing ascend something made up by pundits and commentators without a clue. The first google result I found was by Graham Poll using that term and informing about how that was not officially a part of the decision making.

I'm sorry if you feel I should just accept your authority on these issues, but that doesn't make you seem infallible.

The wording unnatural position isn't mentioned in the current rules, even if Graham Poll uses that expression in the article.

How do you judge if the act is deliberate to possibly gain an advantage or just thoughtless or careless?

Why are penalties ever given unless it's a Suarez type block of a certain goal? What kind of player deliberately stops a cross south their hand to prevent a possible chance art the cost of a certain huge chance in a penalty?
There are far too many free kicks and penalties given for apparent hand ball. Handball, handball, handball. Everything is handball today. At least 50% of the ones given, aren't handball according to the rules as they are written. But as in all laws, how they are worded and how they are judged, is two separate things.

Does this at some point become a conversation about philosophical free will?

For me I think there's a difference between the kind of hand ball where a player deliberately stops the ball and where a player unfairly makes himself bigger and it ends up as a handball. Yellow fruit one, not for the other trio more both makes sense and seems to be fairly consistently applied by the refs.

i'm not saying I can't see a difference, i'm saying I can't see how the current wording of the laws allows a distinction

Can't complain about our f.a. Cup draws this year but time and again those arsenal clams get so so so damn lucky.

Utter utter bastards

Humble pie for me, I was worried Fulham would be really up for it, Millwall style, but they really weren't very good and we were back to our attacking best in many ways. Assuming we don't f it up at home to Millwall (can't imagine we would) then here come the semis....year of the rooster?

Humble pie for me, I was worried Fulham would be really up for it, Millwall style, but they really weren't very good and we were back to our attacking best in many ways. Assuming we don't f it up at home to Millwall (can't imagine we would) then here come the semis....year of the rooster?

Considering they had lost one home game in 5 months they were gash

I thought they'd press us hard and play long from the back, as that's how to get at us, we'll pick off anyone that sits off us

exactly what we needed really, they made it very easy for us
I was about to type almost the same thing. Sitting off us was a mistake and it totally played to our strengths. They didn't watch the tapes.

Just watched the game and a few final thoughts.

Really pleased to see us pressing again - thought we had forgotten how to do it! We created quite a few chances today - normal service was resumed - I don't know why we had only scored once (and that from a pen) in our last four games - I think we looked jaded after our mid winter break. Pleased Harry got a hat-trick and really pleased to see Verts back. I know Fulham were poor and played to our strengths - but it was just the game and result we needed to (hopefully) kick start our season after a midseason lull.

Winks and Eriksen looked really comfortable and creative together in CM with Wanny protecting them. Don't think we need two beasts in DM except against the top teams. Pleased too that Dier had a long overdue rest. Tripper and Davies both had solid games, and Trippiers crossing is so much better than Walkers. Son and Dele were still not at their very best so there is still some improvement to be had, but their movement was much improved.

Two final thoughts. Eriksen really needs to be taken off free kicks and corners. Our substitutes still show a remarkable drop off in quality from our first team - Sissoko and Onoma really aren't at the races.

Onomha got 5 minutes ffs. Hardly enough to make any sort of judgement on! I've never been impressed with him, but seriously, he got 5 minutes when all we did was pass the ball around.

Back