• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fulham***

I'd like to see at least a glimpse, of something he brings to the table, during a match where he shows some kind of promise. He's been bang average in pretty much any game I've seen him play. I'm not sure what his strengths are supposed to be or what kind of player he is, he's been that bland, in my opinion.
Yeah, I just flat out disagree about that. But this seems like a repeat of a conversation and I'm guessing there's not going to be a quick change of mind.

Winks was great all game, loved the way he started the move for the second game. He had a couple of shaky moments where he wanted more time on the ball than they were willing to give him but overall a good day.

Same goes for the team as a whole, Eriksen needs to spend an hour extra at the training ground every day to work on his free kick's methinks.

Solid game. Second goal came at the right time, and settled us down. Well-taken hat-trick from Harry, good return for Jan (barring some hesitancy over a couple of long balls), solid performances from Toby, Winks, Eriksen and Trippier. Alli a bit wasteful (although he came up with a good assist for Kane's third), Son hit-and-miss, Wanyama and Davies unremarkable, Vorm had nothing to do (although that skanked pass out in the first half was a bit of a shocker). Good performance on the whole, and well done to the lads and Poch.

*Do the same thing* against Gent, please. Come out swinging, and keep swinging even when we get the first and second goals. This team can win trophies. It *must* win trophies. Start now.

Also, nice to see RAF Group Captain Scotty P again. :) Winks talked before the game about how Scotty helped his career by sitting him down and showing him videos of what he (Parker) did while playing in central midfield - I assume those videos contained an awful lot of trademark 360 degree pirouettes, but it's still nice to know that he was able to influence one of our present batch during his stay at the club.

I hope so - if only to feel that I've seen Janssen get a fair run out and he either performs or doesn't. son is ahead of him and justifiably so at present -but I'm sure Poch knows what he can do in a game, but I wonder whether he knows what Janssen can do -unless Poch sees training and actual matches as equivalent in terms of opportunity to perform. i can understand Poch not wanting to take a risk on Janssen in a league match - but today 3-0 up really was the perfect opportunity.
I think Pochettino is very good at this sort puff thing and I'm sure he has his reasons.

I sort of agree

But at the same time it's nice to have someone that won't play someone just because - if he doesn't think he's good enough he won't play.
Not sure if this is the best way to build Janssen's confidence.

The only thing I can think off is that he will have some part to play on Thursday and this is a way of motivating him?
You can bet Vincent will bust a gut, the only risk may turn out to be him trying too hard or being too selfish when he does get on.

Solid game. Second goal came at the right time, and settled us down. Well-taken hat-trick from Harry, good return for Jan (barring some hesitancy over a couple of long balls), solid performances from Toby, Winks, Eriksen and Trippier. Alli a bit wasteful (although he came up with a good assist for Kane's third), Son hit-and-miss, Wanyama and Davies unremarkable, Vorm had nothing to do (although that skanked pass out in the first half was a bit of a shocker). Good performance on the whole, and well done to the lads and Poch.

*Do the same thing* against Gent, please. Come out swinging, and keep swinging even when we get the first and second goals. This team can win trophies. It *must* win trophies. Start now.

Also, nice to see RAF Group Captain Scotty P again. :)

Agree. We have hardly been full pelt the last 2 matches, should be able to play a good 6/7 of the best X1

Both, because there has never ever been as much of a mention in the rules about "unnatural position". And I'll tell you why, because there is no such thing. It's made up by pundits and commentators that haven't got a clue.
Pundits like Graham Poll and the guidelines from the international football association board?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rtswashing Machine-got-lucky-Fox-penalty.html

Nice to see a good performance again. Everyone looked switched on from the beginning, unlike the last few games. Now lets build some momentum again.

I'll let Poch do his thing but I don't trust him as much than a coach that has won something a few times over. Jansen s a good player, I'm sure he'll be scoring against us in another team .

Sent from my iPad using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He might well do some day, but I can't say I've seen anything from him to date in a Spurs shirt that makes me feel that is likely.

Anyhow, I've got everything crossed it comes good for him.

Pundits like Graham Poll and the guidelines from the international football association board?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rtswashing Machine-got-lucky-Fox-penalty.html

i'll meet you half way on this one, even with that, the laws of the game say deliberate handball is a yellow card

Winks was great all game, loved the way he started the move for the second game. He had a couple of shaky moments where he wanted more time on the ball than they were willing to give him but overall a good day.

Same goes for the team as a whole, Eriksen needs to spend an hour extra at the training ground every day to work on his free kick's methinks.
Winks was good receiving the ball. I like the way he is on the half turn and looks forward, but is also happy to carry and turn forwards.
His awareness of what is behind is good but will improve with time to stop him holding on the ball a bit too long.
However, the main concern for me is that he switches off when tracking into the right back quadrant and allows the overlapping player to get around the back and pick a cut back ball out. He just needs to keep going and put some pressure to stop the cross/cut back. He has energy and zip so I am sure he will sort it out.

As far as Eirksen goes he is probably the best statistically on the training pitch. I would like to see a left footer possibly Verts or a blaster, in contention to take the kick based on geometry and distance of the free kick. That should be an on the pitch decision, it seems at the moment Eriksen is nominated taker and he decides, hence telling Kane to shove off even though he was on a hat-trick, before messing up the free kick again. The other thing we ought to be doing is instead of trying to hit the top corner why not hit it on target, amazing how many deflections wrong foot the keeper.

Palace away will get postponed now.

So depending on the draw and progression in the EL, we could possibly have 4 or even 5 'home' games on the bounce

Maybe Wednesday 1st March - was set aside for 5th round replay. If Woolwich need one they'd do Tues 28th

i'll meet you half way on this one, even with that, the laws of the game say deliberate handball is a yellow card
But as that article points out not all fee kicks for hand ball have to be deliberate. So a free kick without a yellow in those situations makes sense.
Doesn't change anything. It's still based on intent. You have to deliberately play the ball with your hand.
You claimed "unnatural position" was an invention of pundits. What Poll says seems to perfectly invalidate that. But that doesn't change anything? Ok then...

But as that article points out not all fee kicks for hand ball have to be deliberate. So a free kick without a yellow in those situations makes sense.

You claimed "unnatural position" was an invention of pundits. What Poll says seems to perfectly invalidate that. But that doesn't change anything? Ok then...

it still requires the act to be deliberate

then

from the current fifa laws a handball can only have two outcomes, a yellow if it stops the opposition taking possession and a red if it stops a goal

No it doesn't, because you have to deliberately put your hand in the position to stop the ball for it to be a free kick. Jezuz.....
I've only been a referee for 25 years, so what do I know.

Whilst I do think Janssen's time is up I'm not sure that today was a real shun.

How many times does he get brought on with 10-15 mins to go either because we're losing and need a goal or, like today, to give Harry a rest when the game's already won....each time this happens it increases the number of appearances and decreases his game:goal ratio even further.

Back