• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project (part 1/3) ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect UEFA will be 'investigating' the pitch invader.
Here's hoping that they don't 'put us in our place' by disqualifying us from competition if we happen to beat the Oil Barons.

Well, I see we have been charged.
What utter selfish arrogance from that macaron.
Couldn't contain his own precious emotions and/or sense of exhibitionism and will now result in punishment for the club he professes to support.
And hopefully a ban for him for a very long time.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ous-always-make-wrong-decisions-a4114846.html

Interesting to hear this admission. We need Poch / the players to use this in the media to get in the City players’ heads!

"Had we scored from the penalty we'd have taken Tottenham apart."

I'm not sure if Gundogan actually speaks like this, I struggle to believe he does but if he did, I hope Poch plasters this on the dressing room wall for the return leg (even if he is probably right...) :D

I hate him. He is a petulant little twerp. And was never as nice as he wants people to think. Barca also knew how to leave one in whenever possible.

Did you see his post match interview? He had nothing to complain about, and he knew it, so he just resorted to being a stuck up little bitch trying to twist and turn every word uttered by the journalist. It was ridiculous. Such a little boy when he lose. :p

Watched the game again. Have to say that I think nerves and alcohol got the better of my judgement and we performed even better than I thought immediately after the game.
We played very well. The penalty was gonad*s and I was so glad Hugo saved it as I didn't want a dagger in the heart at that point.

Our discipline and game plan was great. It was only when Kane went off we retreated, and why the timing of Sonnys goal masterful.

That analysis above is spot on, we really cut off the passing lanes, their defence often had no options to play out to.

Peps teams selection was misguided at best and equally bizarre was bringing Sane and KDB on in the 89 min...wtf? (And Poch gets some stick for subs:rolleyes:)

The atmosphere was something else, the acoustics are spot on. It's bloody crowded but I love the South stand experience....a proper home end.

Great to score our first ever goal and get our first ever win in the CL quarter finals ! But wish we had won by a bigger margin. We played well and deserved to get this win. Too bad we couldn't score more goals. It would have been a perfect if we had won by 2 or 3 goals. Instead we will be under pressure in the second leg with this slim lead. Also, it is also disappointing to see Kane getting himself injured with a needless tackle. We are going to miss him if he is to get a long term injury. At least we can be happy that we played well and scored after Kane was injured. It shows we can score and win without Kane. Hope all the other players will lift their game during Kane's absence.

Credit to Son for scoring our only goal and Eriksen for assisting it. It was a crucial time to score our goal. It was a well taken goal with the Emirates Marketing Project defence going to sleep thinking the ball had gone out. Apart from the goal, we had other chances to score as well. Kane and Alli had chances which they should have done better. Son also had a chance late in the match which he should have done better as well. It was really disappointing to see Kane going out injured like that. Kane should really learn to protect himself more as he had injured himself many times with needless tackles like these so far.

Our midfield had a mixed match. We let Emirates Marketing Project control the midfield in the first half but we played much better in the second half. Credit to Sissoko for playing very well. Winks also worked hard but felt he should have tackled more. Good to see Wanyama playing well after coming on late in the match. Will prefer if Wanyama and Sissoko play in our midfield in the second leg.

Well done to our defence for keeping this clean sheet. We rode our luck but our defence did their part as well. It is no surprise that we defended very well and got our second consecutive clean sheet without the error-prone Sanchez in defence. Hope we will continue with only Vertonghen and Alderweireld in all our remaining matches, especially the second leg away. Credit to Lloris for saving his third consecutive penalties. After his earlier penalty saves against Leicester and Arsenal, it was great to see him saving this crucial penalty against Emirates Marketing Project in the CL quarter finals as well. Hope Lloris will continue his good form for the rest of the season.

Despite the win, it is going to be tough defending the 1-0 lead in the second leg away. A 0-0 draw in the second leg at Emirates Marketing Project will be enough for us to progress to the CL semi finals but we rarely draw 0-0. As such, we definitely need to score at least 1 goal in the second leg to overcome Emirates Marketing Project. Hope we will boosted by this win to go into the second leg at Emirates Marketing Project in a confident mood.

Last edited:
Great to score our first ever goal and get our first ever win in the CL quarter finals ! But wish we had won by a bigger margin. We played well and deserved to get this win. Too bad we couldn't score more goals. It would have been a perfect if we had won by 2 or 3 goals. Instead we will be under pressure in the second leg with this slim lead. Also, it is also disappointing to see Kane getting himself injured with a needless tackle. We are going to miss him if he is to get a long term injury. At least we can be happy that we played well and scored after Kane was injured. It shows we can score and win without Kane. Hope all the other players will lift their game during Kane's absence.

Credit to Son for scoring our only goal and Eriksen for assisting it. It was a crucial time to score our goal. It was a well taken goal with the Emirates Marketing Project defence going to sleep thinking the ball had gone out. Apart from the goal, we had other chances to score as well. Kane and Alli had chances which they should have done better. Son also had a chance late in the match which he should have done better as well. It was really disappointing to see Kane going out injured like that. Kane should really learn to protect himself more as he had injured himself many times with needless tackles like these so far.

Our midfield had a mixed match. We let Emirates Marketing Project control the midfield in the first half but we played much better in the second half. Credit to Sissoko for playing very well. Winks also worked hard but felt he should have tackled more. Good to see Wanyama playing well after coming on late in the match. Will prefer if Wanyama and Sissoko play in our midfield in the second leg.

Well done to our defence for keeping this clean sheet. We rode our luck but our defence did their part as well. It is no surprise that we defended very well and got our second consecutive clean sheet without the error-prone Sanchez in defence. Hope we will continue with only Vertonghen and Alderweireld in all our remaining matches, especially the second leg away. Credit to Lloris for saving his third consecutive penalties. After his earlier penalty saves against Leicester and Arsenal, it was great to see him saving this crucial penalty against Emirates Marketing Project in the CL quarter finals as well. Hope Lloris will continue his good form for the rest of the season.

Despite the win, it is going to be tough defending the 1-0 lead in the second leg away. A 0-0 draw in the second leg at Emirates Marketing Project will be enough for us to progress to the CL semi finals but we rarely draw 0-0. As such, we definitely need to score at least 1 goal in the second leg to overcome Emirates Marketing Project. Hope we will boosted by this win to go into the second leg at Emirates Marketing Project in a confident mood.
It would have been perfect to win this game 7 or 8 nil, hopefully next time the boys can up their game.

It would have been perfect to win this game 7 or 8 nil, hopefully next time the boys can up their game.
Yes. If the defense and the midfield and the attack can concentrate and focus more on the ball in the goal aspect while not letting the other men put the ball in the goal with our goalkeeper we could do better. Great to win but disappointing to not win by more and it will be tough to defend the solitary one goal lead we have but we could do it though it will be disappointing if we don’t and any team news yet?

Just thinking of the next two instalments of the EMP trilogy. I wonder if we will stay in the North West between games. Wouldn’t be home till 1-2am Thursday morning and then leaving again Friday lunchtime. I’m sure someone like Bolton would like some money for use of there training ground for a few days.

Just thinking of the next two instalments of the EMP trilogy. I wonder if we will stay in the North West between games. Wouldn’t be home till 1-2am Thursday morning and then leaving again Friday lunchtime. I’m sure someone like Bolton would like some money for use of there training ground for a few days.
...or I'm sure ManU would roll out the red carpet for nothing!

(or Liverpool for that matter)

we could probably buy it for a tenner, the state Bolton are in currently!

You forgot to mention what a shame it was that Lamela wasn't available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back