• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs CHAVSKI

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don’t you believe he is just learning about the team?
I think he needs these games to see where the cracks are and what needs fixing

Agree completely. He needs time - he's not a miracle worker. He's just built his reputation on in-game management and he didn't influence the game on Sunday really.

I'm not writing him off and nor do I subscribe to the busted flush theory. But it wasn't his finest hour.

I feel exactly the same. I was f**king raging on Sunday and still am. And it was at our players and manager rather than the ref and Rudiger. Aurier, Gazza, Dier and Son deserved kicks in the balls for their mistakes and performances. The rest, bar Sanchez, Sissoko and Ndombele, weren't much better. But it was the complete lack of control in the game that got me. I don't think we had a spell where I felt we would get back in the game. Maybe when Son and Harry missed sitters but they came in quick succession and other than that, we were absolutely horrible.

I really expected better from Jose. The fear is that he is a busted flush and yesterday's man. I really don't believe that but Sunday certainly was a strong piece of evidence to the contrary. We were f**ked on our own patch by the most odious of football clubs. Utterly sickening.

I agree with this. It was an absolutely horrible performance.

Jose is here to allow our players to take the ‘mental step’ of believing they are winners, and he’s here to help us get points on the board after a bad start to the season. I think on the winners thing, working on the players’ intensity, I see some signs of that. Even in the Son reaction, the Aurier reaction to various decisions, Dele scrapping again for the first time in a while. I think the players were up for it. I can’t see it all behind closed doors, but I’m assuming he’s doing some good work there. Whatever he does tactically in this day and age, he’s always been good with the psychology because he carries himself like a winner. He has that arrogance and our club needs it, where as United didn’t. It should be good for the players to be in this spotlight, under this pressure, if they are as good as they think they are.

So I thought our intensity and desire on the pitch against Chelsea was alright. I thought our tactics were horrible. I don’t blame the Dier / Sissoko midfield per se, I think Lampard had just studied what we had been doing, both how we like to progress the ball forward with long balls from the back and how we adapt to a back 3, and he totally nullified us. We had no way of progressing the ball forward, of getting in dangerous areas. And our players have forgotten how to build from the back - those patterns are gone. Side note, I found it interesting that Dier played an easy ball back to Toby when he had just gotten it from him, and you could see Toby was exasperated. But I think the problem was lack of options to move through midfield, not that the players are all incapable. And I think that was down to Chelsea nullifying the system we have been playing.

And because of that, I’m surprised at Jose. Surprised he didn’t do more to change it during the first half when they clearly had us, and we showed no signs of coming back in. The penalty and the red card he can’t legislate for, but that first half was as bad as anything I’ve seen from us. Utterly terrible, no hope of creating anything in their half. We needed to change something and do it sooner, and I’m surprised he didn’t take the initiative.

I will also say, as much as people were annoyed with the possession for possession sake Poch ball, which is what it looked like when it wasn’t working, the Jose ball of lumping it forward with no plan looks no better. When a system isn’t working you have to take steps to help it work, but one isn’t inherently better than the other.

After a full week on the training pitch it was really disappointing to see what we came out with, and to see Lampard so clearly take the initiative. Maybe it was just the horrible negative atmosphere and the alleged racism that soured my opinions of Sunday, but it was horrible football as well. Terrible game.

I came to the same conclusion midway through the second half yesterday. Too many who have been there too long and are too comfortable - and, given a few of his showings this season, I’m increasingly inclined to include Harry in that group.

It has looked like that for most of the season ( i posted something in a earlier match thread when Poch was still here). I was hoping that Jose would kick some arse of those players who had downed tools and put some fire into them. Early days yet and this may happen but there are one or two playing on reputation more then actual doing the work.

I will also say, as much as people were annoyed with the possession for possession sake Poch ball, which is what it looked like when it wasn’t working, the Jose ball of lumping it forward with no plan looks no better. When a system isn’t working you have to take steps to help it work, but one isn’t inherently better than the other.

After a full week on the training pitch it was really disappointing to see what we came out with, and to see Lampard so clearly take the initiative. Maybe it was just the horrible negative atmosphere and the alleged racism that soured my opinions of Sunday, but it was horrible football as well. Terrible game.

Both have the same problem, poor midfielders who are unable to progress the ball. You can try to play a possession orientated game but if the players you have aren't capable they will play it backwards and sideways slowly because they simply lack the vision or the technique to execute the trickier passes. Playing it forward quickly, skips that problem but it is a very low percentage pass so comes with its own issues.

I do blame Poch sadly because I don't believe he put enough emphasis on improving the quality of the midfield early enough. He did it this window but it was a case the right player/s but just too late.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

It has looked like that for most of the season ( i posted something in a earlier match thread when Poch was still here). I was hoping that Jose would kick some arse of those players who had downed tools and put some fire into them. Early days yet and this may happen but there are one or two playing on reputation more then actual doing the work.

Yep, Dier for one..

Both have the same problem, poor midfielders who are unable to progress the ball. You can try to play a possession orientated game but if the players you have aren't capable they will play it backwards and sideways slowly because they simply lack the vision or the technique to execute the trickier passes. Playing it forward quickly, skips that problem but it is a very low percentage pass so comes with its own issues.

I do blame Poch sadly because I don't believe he put enough emphasis on improving the quality of the midfield early enough. He did it this window but it was a case the right player/s but just too late.

Not targetting a defensive centre midfielder since summer 2018 (unless they did and I've missed it) is criminally negligent by both Poch and the club as a whole..

I'd say there's 3 or 4, and as long as we continue to worry about getting our money back or making a profit on sales I don't think we will progress.

p.s. only seen it once, but if someone pushed a player with their hands as hard as Son did with his feet, would it be red? Ref clearly didn't think so as he didn't give a red card.

If Gaza connects with the ball then the chelsea player smacks into his face, would it be a foul to us (as the ref gave initially)?

What I still don't understand is what Poch and the previous regime saw in NDombele and LoCelso (and to a lesser extent) Sessegnon

They surely can't be that bad so that they have been used by both coaches so little. Why did they command such high fees if they were only to be squad players? If they were intended to be upgrades on what we have already why aren't they being given the game time to prove it? Can neither of them play in CM? What role did Poch envisage for the three of them?

Mystifying to me.

What I still don't understand is what Poch and the previous regime saw in NDombele and LoCelso (and to a lesser extent) Sessegnon

They surely can't be that bad so that they have been used by both coaches so little. Why did they command such high fees if they were only to be squad players? If they were intended to be upgrades on what we have already why aren't they being given the game time to prove it? Can neither of them play in CM? What role did Poch envisage for the three of them?

Mystifying to me.
Indeed, after 3 transferless windows Levy splashes out over £100m on 3 players but none are able to consistently feature in first team before Christmas o_O

Premier League playing time so far this season...

1st) Alderweireld 1,530 minutes
2nd) Kane 1,525 minutes
3rd) Sissoko 1,510 minutes
14th) Ndombele 687 minutes
20th) Lo Celso 160 minutes
23rd) Sessegnon 15 minutes

If that isn’t good enough reason to hire a Director of Football (fingers crossed that Luis Campos has provided Mourinho with some ITK for next month) I don’t know what is!!

I actually believe in both Sissoko and Dier enough that they are capable of playing in a side playing good / effective football. I think against Chelsea they completely nullified our shape. Long balls didn’t work against a back 3 because we had Kane competing in the air against 3 central defenders and we changed it too late. We also didn’t adjust and play a more composed game sooner...we just stuck in the same shape and the same approach and that was quite surprising to me.

I actually believe in both Sissoko and Dier enough that they are capable of playing in a side playing good / effective football. I think against Chelsea they completely nullified our shape. Long balls didn’t work against a back 3 because we had Kane competing in the air against 3 central defenders and we changed it too late. We also didn’t adjust and play a more composed game sooner...we just stuck in the same shape and the same approach and that was quite surprising to me.

Well i definetly don't believe that played as a pair that they are good enough to play in a controlled passing side or at least a succesful one. Why didn't we change it? Maybe Jose is also under that misconception?

Ndombele was super promising but he came on far to late, after we were already down to 10 men.

It was indeed a master class from Chelsea tactically, but not a plan that couldn't be countered. We just kept trying the same thing that never works against the better sides. Annoyingly predictable and quite a few of us had voiced our concerns ahead of the match with the approach we night go with. I'm hoping he tries something different Vs Brighton (without Son I suppose he is forced too), because I really can't take seeing that pair anymore.

GorgeousThreadbareFireant-size_restricted.gif

Back