• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs CHAVSKI

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure what's happened to us over the last 12 months. A few years ago alot of these players were up for the fight, now it's like watching a different team. If Levy really has got his man in Mourinho then we are going to need a couple of busy transfer windows or else we're going to continue to go backwards and Mourinho will walk.

It really does feel like we are fast approaching a crossroads moment with this team that could see us needing wholesale changes and 2-3 seasons to rebuild.

Why is it that Dier always seems to have a few posters that want to constantly make excuses for him? Eriken was 10 times better than Dier yesterday and that is a Christian Eriksen who is waiting to leave and giving 50% in the meantime. Dier wasn't alone in being terrible yesterday but he was still certainly terrible.

I thought Eriksen wasn't bad yesterday when he came on. He showed for the ball a lot and was looking to make something happen but there was nothing moving ahead of him. He also got stuck in (for Eriksen).

Of all the players (and manager) that deserve public horsewhipping for that brickshow of a performance, Eriksen is a long way down the list.

I thought we were shockingly bad yesterday. We were so bad that I have no idea if Chelsea were any good or not. Whatever Chelsea were, they were
miles better than us.

the alleged racism: I hope this isn’t true but it seems likely that it is. I didn’t hear anything, not that that means anything. It’s disgraceful and it needs to be shut down. If this is found to be true, we can no longer claim the moral high ground in any future discussion on the subject. As usual, a single bell end/tiny minority has sullied the reputation of an entire club and its fan base.

Player wise, I thought they were all awful. However, I’d like to give special mention to:

1 Son. This is now the THIRD time that Son has done something idiotic in 2019 as he seeks ‘revenge’ and has got sent off and cost the club. As someone said earlier in the thread, this is quite a regular occurrence for someone that’s ‘not like that’. Frankly I think it’s pathetic. I know he was targeted by Lerma at Bournemouth. I know that Rudiger had been trying to get a Spurs player into trouble for the whole game. And I know that at Everton he got fouled a couple of times prior to his challenge. But guess what? This is professional football and it’s cynical and players get targeted all the time. We all mock the Scousers for them lauding “our humble Mo”. We are just as bad with Son. He needs to cut this nonsense out of his game.

2 Gazzaniga: I have no idea what he was playing at when he gave the penalty away. Frankly, we were lucky to be only 0-1 at that point but we were heading into HT with a chance to re-group and come at them in the second half. In my opinion that idiotic moment killed off any chance we had. It defies belief that a player at this level would attempt to play the ball in that way. When Lloris got injured I thought we Might not see him play for us again. Now, I expect him to come straight back into the side when he is fit.

I’m also getting heartily sick of having to pick my way through fighting and flying objects every time I walk past the Billy Nich pub on the way out of the ground. Why the hell aren’t the away fans kept in for a while after the game? More importantly, why can’t these idiots just go home after the game?

Racism, thrown objects inside the ground and outside, fighting and a limp wristed effort from the players. Not a good day for THFC.

Last edited:
I have a hard time getting over the defeat last night, been in a tinkley mood all day. Low of the season for me so far. Goddamn, we were poor. We obviously didn't setup right, but the lack of effort from our lads - just ... fudging brick. I hope we bounce back against Brighton. It's clear as day that we need to get a couple of players in in January, which is probably why Levy and Mourinho are so adamant we're not going to buy any.

I'm not sure what's happened to us over the last 12 months. A few years ago alot of these players were up for the fight, now it's like watching a different team. If Levy really has got his man in Mourinho then we are going to need a couple of busy transfer windows or else we're going to continue to go backwards and Mourinho will walk.

It really does feel like we are fast approaching a crossroads moment with this team that could see us needing wholesale changes and 2-3 seasons to rebuild.

I came to the same conclusion midway through the second half yesterday. Too many who have been there too long and are too comfortable - and, given a few of his showings this season, I’m increasingly inclined to include Harry in that group.

As @Jurgen the German says above - they were sharper, fitter, quicker to the ball. They worked hard and treated it like a derby. Son pussied out of every single tackle and only Sissoko, when he clattered their keeper, made a single derby-worthy challenge.

The lack of bottle/desire to get into them was embarrassing. I said to my mate around the 30 minute mark that we needed to land a fat reducer on Mount or Abraham and show them we meant business; that was always a Mourinho forte. Instead we limped along. I was furious!!!!

Why is it that Dier always seems to have a few posters that want to constantly make excuses for him? Eriken was 10 times better than Dier yesterday and that is a Christian Eriksen who is waiting to leave and giving 50% in the meantime. Dier wasn't alone in being terrible yesterday but he was still certainly terrible.

Why is it that some people still appear unable to gauge what we would have Dier in the side for? You’ve just compared him to Christian Eriksen! Who -BTW- was not good enough and did NOTHING to improve us at all.

Dier cannot be isolated. Same as Winks, both for different reasons obviously. And when you have that fudging liability Aurier on the pitch, you immediately lose a midfielder who is forced to try and cover the prick!

Did Dier play like Makalele (or even Matic) yesterday? No. But piling on him week after week while ignoring the other massive issues we have (Aurier, Moura’s lack of football brain in these games) is churlish IMO.

When did I say we did?

I'm pretty sure we've had some exchanges earlier this year where you were adamant our midfield was better than theirs and that Jorginho and Kovacic weren't very good...i especially remember a bit of back and forth around the Carabao cup semis...

I'm pretty sure we've had some exchanges earlier this year where you were adamant our midfield was better than theirs and that Jorginho and Kovacic weren't very good...i especially remember a bit of back and forth around the Carabao cup semis...

I thought you meant this season.
Jorginho has looked miles better this season but he struggles when under pressure still
Really don’t think anything of Kovacic. He is ok and no more IMO and for £50m I’d expect a lot more
Kante is arguably the best holder in the world

stand by what I’ve said loads though... any midfield would struggle with that full back we have on the right.

And it seems the press have caught up with the issue too https://t.co/UZB9bLqO42?amp=1

I thought you meant this season.
Jorginho has looked miles better this season but he struggles when under pressure still
Really don’t think anything of Kovacic. He is ok and no more IMO and for £50m I’d expect a lot more
Kante is arguably the best holder in the world

stand by what I’ve said loads though... any midfield would struggle with that full back we have on the right.

And it seems the press have caught up with the issue too https://t.co/UZB9bLqO42?amp=1

This season is no different to last season, save we have ourselves bought two central midfilders and Chelski none - yet they p1ss over ours.

We can play the best RB in the world and we'd still get dominated in CM because we lack a defensive midfielder and our other available CM options cannot play well under pressure, have poor touch etc.
Kovacic would walk into our team alonside Ndombele - and a DCM - right now...

This season is no different to last season, save we have ourselves bought two central midfilders and Chelski none - yet they p1ss over ours.

We can play the best RB in the world and we'd still get dominated in CM because we lack a defensive midfielder and our other available CM options cannot play well under pressure, have poor touch etc.
Kovacic would walk into our team alonside Ndombele - and a DCM - right now...
I don’t think he would myself
But a decent right back would not need an extra CM covering him
Did you see the Chelsea players covering alonso yesterday? He is A weak link and they want a new LB but he was comfortable and it meant their midfield could do their job.
United lost to Watford and yet their midfield was better than ours because yet again we had 1 vs 2 as sissoko was covering for Aurier. And that’s was Winks playing CM who does play well under pressure (Bayern being the exception)
Teams are happy to change their whoever set up vs us as they know we will make mistakes down our right
Bayern did it by bringing in and extra midfielder second half, chelsea did it and united brought in Lingaard to play central so Rashford could have a field down down our right

Still tinkled off about this bloody game. Can't believe Mourinho, who's supposed to be such a great tactitian, set us up the way he did. We scraped a lucky win at Wolves, but didn't have any control in midfield what so ever, and you set up with the same two in the center of the pitch, one who you've publically said isn't a central midfielder? Baffling to me. fudging hate Chelsea, and fudging hate losing to them. Where do we go from here ... Brighton game can't come soon enough. Hoping for a big reaction. It sucks that Son is out, but that was a red card all day long, in my book, so he's only got himself to blame. Now, where's the bloody akevitt ... :p

Still tinkled off about this bloody game. Can't believe Mourinho, who's supposed to be such a great tactitian, set us up the way he did. We scraped a lucky win at Wolves, but didn't have any control in midfield what so ever, and you set up with the same two in the center of the pitch, one who you've publically said isn't a central midfielder? Baffling to me. fudging hate Chelsea, and fudging hate losing to them. Where do we go from here ... Brighton game can't come soon enough. Hoping for a big reaction. It sucks that Son is out, but that was a red card all day long, in my book, so he's only got himself to blame. Now, where's the bloody akevitt ... :p

I feel exactly the same. I was f**king raging on Sunday and still am. And it was at our players and manager rather than the ref and Rudiger. Aurier, Gazza, Dier and Son deserved kicks in the balls for their mistakes and performances. The rest, bar Sanchez, Sissoko and Ndombele, weren't much better. But it was the complete lack of control in the game that got me. I don't think we had a spell where I felt we would get back in the game. Maybe when Son and Harry missed sitters but they came in quick succession and other than that, we were absolutely horrible.

I really expected better from Jose. The fear is that he is a busted flush and yesterday's man. I really don't believe that but Sunday certainly was a strong piece of evidence to the contrary. We were f**ked on our own patch by the most odious of football clubs. Utterly sickening.

I feel exactly the same. I was f**king raging on Sunday and still am. And it was at our players and manager rather than the ref and Rudiger. Aurier, Gazza, Dier and Son deserved kicks in the balls for their mistakes and performances. The rest, bar Sanchez, Sissoko and Ndombele, weren't much better. But it was the complete lack of control in the game that got me. I don't think we had a spell where I felt we would get back in the game. Maybe when Son and Harry missed sitters but they came in quick succession and other than that, we were absolutely horrible.

I really expected better from Jose. The fear is that he is a busted flush and yesterday's man. I really don't believe that but Sunday certainly was a strong piece of evidence to the contrary. We were f**ked on our own patch by the most odious of football clubs. Utterly sickening.
Don’t you believe he is just learning about the team?
I think he needs these games to see where the cracks are and what needs fixing

Back