• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He apparently asked JM not to select him to play today. JM was obviously irked by this as shown by his comment after the game.

What is it with this guy. How can he be so unfit that from game to game we dont know if he is going to play, be on the bench or out of the Squad. The Talent is there and we need him in our midfield. I just do not understand what is going on with this guy.

Also I would like us to start playing with three in midfield I think. for one, none of the partnerships we can put out can dominate against three, they are maybe good enough v an opposition 2 man midfield but they are getting swamped. We have one or two players who do pretty much nothing unless its on a plate for them. That in conjunction with our midfield be over-run seems to mean we cannot play.

I'd like to see us try a three man midfield. One that helps give more cover if Dier is playing, and lets the others play a little further forward. Whilst Son is out we could try this:

---------------------------Dier--------------------------------
-------------N'Dombele----------------LoCelso----------------

---------------Moura--------------Dele------------------------

--------------------------Kane--------------------------------

What is it with this guy. How can he be so unfit that from game to game we dont know if he is going to play, be on the bench or out of the Squad. The Talent is there and we need him in our midfield. I just do not understand what is going on with this guy.

Also I would like us to start playing with three in midfield I think. for one, none of the partnerships we can put out can dominate against three, they are maybe good enough v an opposition 2 man midfield but they are getting swamped. We have one or two players who do pretty much nothing unless its on a plate for them. That in conjunction with our midfield be over-run seems to mean we cannot play.

I'd like to see us try a three man midfield. One that helps give more cover if Dier is playing, and lets the others play a little further forward. Whilst Son is out we could try this:

That’s the system I’d go for
Means we have plenty of cover too

Tough game, nothing new learned

- 2 of Winks, Dier, Sissoko do not make up a functional CM pair
- A half dead Eriksen is better than any of them and despite our wishes, still will be hard to replace

That said, if we had Son for the two Sessegnon chances early, game would likely have been more comfortable. Set piece goal but don't really feel other than that we were troubled defensively. Lo Celso looked a step better today.

Main thing is 3 points in the bag, 3 rivals dropped points, Jose knows what he has to do.

Benefits of that system also is that Dier can drop back into CB, meaning we can have 2 attacking a full backs for width. So Aurier and Sessegnon if we want, without having to play a fixed 3 centre backs.

Lo Celso can also have a licence to advance when we attack, so the front line behind Kane returns to a 3 ie Lo Celso, Dele and Son (in for Moura when suspension is over).

Bench then looks decent - from: GK, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Skipp, Lamela, Lucas, Parrott....

I’m assuming Rose, Wanyama, KWP and Eriksen may not be here soon.

Benefits of that system also is that Dier can drop back into CB, meaning we can have 2 attacking a full backs for width. So Aurier and Sessegnon if we want, without having to play a fixed 3 centre backs.

Lo Celso can also have a licence to advance when we attack, so the front line behind Kane returns to a 3 ie Lo Celso, Dele and Son (in for Moura when suspension is over).

Bench then looks decent - from: GK, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Skipp, Lamela, Lucas, Parrott....

I’m assuming Rose, Wanyama, KWP and Eriksen may not be here soon.

I can't think of a club where Mourinho has lined up like this. He normally wants his deepest midfielder to be a play-maker.

Kane marginally ahead of Sanchez as man of match for me. Baffled why Sissoko included in the list and not Lucas as thought he was very poor for most of the game\

Good to see the pressing come back in the 2nd half thanks to Lucas, Kane and Lo Celso. Encouraging performances from both Lo Celso and Eriksen and both should start tomorrow.

We are really going to miss Eriksen when he leaves

This is a much needed win. The performance was not really convincing but a win is a win ! It is good to come back from a goal down to win 2-1. But wish we would stop conceding goals to small teams like Brighton. We rode our luck yet again as a better team could have punished us. Fortunately for us, they didn't take their chances. Our defending really need to improve if we want to finish in the top 4 this season.

Credit to Kane and Alli for the goals. Kane worked hard and fully deserved to get his goal. In fact, Kane was unlucky as he had another goal ruled offside in the first half. Alli too took his goal well for our winning goal. Apart from the goals, our attack looked toothless. Sessegnon really should have done better with his chance in the first half. Eriksen improved our attack after coming on. In fact, it was Eriksen who set up our winning goal with a good cross. Moura had a poor game.

Our midfield were poor again. Winks and Sissoko failed to control the midfield which made it east for Brighton in the first half. We did improve in the second half. Winks made too many mistakes and was partly at fault for their only goal. In fact, Winks was very fortunate not get get send off. Sissoko had a mediocre game, getting himself a needless yellow card. This match shows yet again that we badly need a proper defensive midfielder.

Our defence just cannot seem to keep the clean sheet. It was another poor goal to concede direct from the corner. Alderweireld used to head the balls clear easily but he failed in that moment. Really wish Mourinhi will put Alderweireld and Vertonghen back together in centre defence. Having Sanchez there makes our defence error-prone.

Well, at least we have been consistent with the results under Mourinho, beating all the small teams and losing to all the big teams ! It is clear we still don't have the quality and mentality to compete against big teams. Mourinho really need to improve our players or get his own players in the next transfer window if we want to achieve something this season.

This is a much needed win. The performance was not really convincing but a win is a win ! It is good to come back from a goal down to win 2-1. But wish we would stop conceding goals to small teams like Brighton. We rode our luck yet again as a better team could have punished us. Fortunately for us, they didn't take their chances. Our defending really need to improve if we want to finish in the top 4 this season.

Credit to Kane and Alli for the goals. Kane worked hard and fully deserved to get his goal. In fact, Kane was unlucky as he had another goal ruled offside in the first half. Alli too took his goal well for our winning goal. Apart from the goals, our attack looked toothless. Sessegnon really should have done better with his chance in the first half. Eriksen improved our attack after coming on. In fact, it was Eriksen who set up our winning goal with a good cross. Moura had a poor game.

Our midfield were poor again. Winks and Sissoko failed to control the midfield which made it east for Brighton in the first half. We did improve in the second half. Winks made too many mistakes and was partly at fault for their only goal. In fact, Winks was very fortunate not get get send off. Sissoko had a mediocre game, getting himself a needless yellow card. This match shows yet again that we badly need a proper defensive midfielder.

Our defence just cannot seem to keep the clean sheet. It was another poor goal to concede direct from the corner. Alderweireld used to head the balls clear easily but he failed in that moment. Really wish Mourinhi will put Alderweireld and Vertonghen back together in centre defence. Having Sanchez there makes our defence error-prone.

Well, at least we have been consistent with the results under Mourinho, beating all the small teams and losing to all the big teams ! It is clear we still don't have the quality and meteorology to compete against big teams. Mourinho really need to improve our players or get his own players in the next transfer window if we want to achieve something this season.
Sanchez was our best defender yesterday

I have voted for Kane as MOTM. He worked his socks off. Plus a good goal.
Alli was absent most of the game ,but scored a wonder goal.
Aurier played well for a change and provided a great assist for the second goal.
Lo Celso & Erickson made a BIG difference.
They and NDomeble should start on Saturday.
Coys

I have voted for Kane as MOTM. He worked his socks off. Plus a good goal.
Alli was absent most of the game ,but scored a wonder goal.
Aurier played well for a change and provided a great assist for the second goal.
Lo Celso & Erickson made a BIG difference.
They and NDomeble should start on Saturday.
Coys
It’s really strange as from my seat at the game I thought that Dele was our best player. He was the only player in our team constantly moving to try o make himself available for the ball. There were numerous occasions when he had started a good run only for Sanchez, Vertonghen or Winks not to spot him.

That ain’t gonna change quickly
Ultimately he is there to defend
Ultimately he's there to help us succeed. That involves defending and attacking.

Ultimately Alderweireld is there to defend. Why even bother with the accurate long passing? That's not what he's ultimately there to do, he might as well just play sloppy passes. Kane is ultimately there to attack and score goals. Why even bother with the defensive work rate?

Kane marginally ahead of Sanchez as man of match for me. Baffled why Sissoko included in the list and not Lucas as thought he was very poor for most of the game\

Good to see the pressing come back in the 2nd half thanks to Lucas, Kane and Lo Celso. Encouraging performances from both Lo Celso and Eriksen and both should start tomorrow.

We are really going to miss Eriksen when he leaves

Pretty much how i saw the game as well, we seem to be a bit of a yo yo team at the moment ( some good spells mixed in with some bad spells). As for Eriksen i agree with you, he is still our best creative source going forward and IF he goes we will be weaker because of it.

It’s really strange as from my seat at the game I thought that Dele was our best player. He was the only player in our team constantly moving to try o make himself available for the ball. There were numerous occasions when he had started a good run only for Sanchez, Vertonghen or Winks not to spot him.

That's the kind of thing that you're not going to pick up on TV

The first big difference in the second half, as y'already know, was having creative midfielders (Eriksen and GLC) creating opportunities.

Second big difference was that Kane, Moura and Alli all worked back extremely hard to press and harry, makes such a difference when they all contribute to pressing and chasing down. Easy enough to achieve if you are a great motivator of men.

Back