• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not enough credit bring given to BHA in here- set out their stall well with three at the back, compact when not in possession, a threat on the counter, dangerous at set pieces with excellent deliveries and ‘monsters’ in the box. They made it difficult to play through them and we were ponderous in our passing and the movement was poor.

second half changed when Moura started running at them and tried running through them- not always successfully but he was more of a pest. Winks going off for Erikson also changed the game and lo celso for sessegnon was also a good change- Ryan is one for the future but when you have 11 behind the ball you need someone like lo celso quick feet. Kane ran himself into the ground but his finish was superb as was Ali superb finish. We should’ve scored a couple more but that would’ve flattered us.
Good win in the end against a hard working team.

I think that the OMT tends to be a mix of paranoia and pessimism during the game. Constant moaning about a player's performance can cloud judgement.

Again I think there is little appreciation for the grafting side of the game, the dirty stuff. Dele did plenty of that in the first-half when we had no rhythm at all and neither Sess or Moura could get into the game. I thought LoCelso helped make a diff to his game and then, of course, Eriksen.

Missed most of the game, gonna watch it back in a bit so I can see what went well in the 2nd half.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Not enough credit bring given to BHA in here- set out their stall well with three at the back, compact when not in possession, a threat on the counter, dangerous at set pieces with excellent deliveries and ‘monsters’ in the box. They made it difficult to play through them and we were ponderous in our passing and the movement was poor.

second half changed when Moura started running at them and tried running through them- not always successfully but he was more of a pest. Winks going off for Erikson also changed the game and lo celso for sessegnon was also a good change- Ryan is one for the future but when you have 11 behind the ball you need someone like lo celso quick feet. Kane ran himself into the ground but his finish was superb as was Ali superb finish. We should’ve scored a couple more but that would’ve flattered us.
Good win in the end against a hard working team.

Excellent summary

Again I think there is little appreciation for the grafting side of the game, the dirty stuff. Dele did plenty of that in the first-half when we had no rhythm at all and neither Sess or Moura could get into the game. I thought LoCelso helped make a diff to his game and then, of course, Eriksen.

But Dele really needs to get where he can hurt them ( like for his goal) he is too much of a talent to just be a grafter and him coming deep and wide leaves Kane far too isolated. When they play closer together they uplift both of their games.

But Dele really needs to get where he can hurt them ( like for his goal) he is too much of a talent to just be a grafter and him coming deep and wide leaves Kane far too isolated. When they play closer together they uplift both of their games.

Right. We know that mate. That is why Mourinho needs to start playing LoCelso or Eriksen and bench Moura for a while. We need players who are aware when it comes to space and movement; Lucas tends to wait for the moment rather than reading it (unless playing through the middle) and add that Aurier with Sissoko having to cover and Sanchez too for it to be clear that when poor old Winks is left dealing with such static movement ahead of him and an inconsistent partner beside him (as much due to circumstance as anything) then Dele HAS to do the dirty work. He ran 40 yards today second-half to slide and cut out a channel ball which would’ve left them one on one! LoCelso’s arrival freed him up a bit, and Eriksen yet more.

Right. We know that mate. That is why Mourinho needs to start playing LoCelso or Eriksen and bench Moura for a while. We need players who are aware when it comes to space and movement; Lucas tends to wait for the moment rather than reading it (unless playing through the middle) and add that Aurier with Sissoko having to cover and Sanchez too for it to be clear that when poor old Winks is left dealing with such static movement ahead of him and an inconsistent partner beside him (as much due to circumstance as anything) then Dele HAS to do the dirty work. He ran 40 yards today second-half to slide and cut out a channel ball which would’ve left them one on one! LoCelso’s arrival freed him up a bit, and Eriksen yet more.

I was one calling out for a run of games for Moura to give him a proper chance, but he’s really not all that

As you say he waits for the moment, I lost count they amount of times he didn’t go to the ball and lost it add his other flaws

his complete lack of work rate coming back is killing us at time as well he’s one that could be upgraded

I agree with you there. Have been saying for ages we are outnumbered in midfield. If he brought in LoCelso and/or NDombele there instead of Moura, we would be a lot more balanced. While Eriksen contributed today, we need to look to the future. When everyone is available, I would like us to revert to 4-3-3. Then Dele would be released to do his best work attacking from the front.

Back