• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wycombe Wanderers ***

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids
Since none of you other lazy f*****s cant be arsed to make an OMT...

FA Cup 4th Round
Saturday 28 January 15:00 2017
White Hart Lane

Team news:
Alderweireld, Rose, Vertonghen, Lamela and Kane out

Expecting wholesale changes for this one

Lineup:
Vorm - Trippier, CCV, Wimmer, Davies - Wanyama, Winks - N Koudou, Son, Sissoko - Janssen

Bench:
Lopez, Walker-Peters, Dier, Onomah, Edwards, Alli, Eriksen

Wycombe Wanderers star man:

30n8b49.jpg

2wedhfs.png

19cg8.jpg

I would probably go with the same line up as the original poster. Not a fan of wholesale changes normally but with Sunderland away on the horizon then I think we can get away with it for this fixture. Time for those coming in to really step up and show they can be a valuable member of the squad to be relied upon at the start of a busy 2-3 months.

Vorm
Tripper Dier Wimmer Davies
Wanyama Winks
Sissoko Eriksen NKoudou
Son

Subs
Lopez, Carter-Vickers, Walker-Peters, Onomah, Janssen, Dele, Edwards

Tough on Janssen to not start, and arguably ideal game for him. But Son more reliable in that role and I'd quite like us to play Nkoudou.
I feel we need to play an Eriksen as we look so devoid of ideas without him.
Hopefully Janssen can come on and build some confidence.

Give Janssen a full 90 mins. He desperately needs it. Looking forward to seeing Carter-Vickers against the beast too.

Good story on Adebayo Akinfenwa's view of the tie (though questionable whether Dele will play):

WYCOMBE’S 16-stone Beast Adebayo Akinfenwa has physically intimidated many an opponent — but not Dele Alli.

Akinfenwa crossed swords with an 18-year-old Dele, who was weighing in at around 11st 6lb, when AFC Wimbledon met MK Dons in a League Cup grudge match in 2014 — and he admits he could not get anywhere near the ‘lairy’ kid.

Now before he takes on Dele’s Spurs in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday, the Beast claims the England midfielder is a standard bearer for lower-league players.

Akinfenwa said: “Two years ago, I played against Dele Alli and I couldn’t get near him.

“He did something to me which was a bit lairy but he wasn’t intimidated — he was just, ‘Come on then, I need TP for my bunghole!’.

“I just wanted to bring this boy down but I couldn’t catch him.

“I was watching Spurs play Chelsea the other week and I tweeted that I couldn’t catch him — but neither could the best players in the world.

“He gave them the runaround as well, which made me feel better. There is quality in the lower leagues.

“The Premier League is what it is — the money, the need for instant success and the idea that if something is expensive, it must be quality — but as a long servant in the lower leagues I still see a lot of untapped potential.

“Dele Alli is a prime example. Two years ago he was running League One, now he’s running it in the Prem. Long may he fly the flag.

“People think you’ve got to be good yesterday but give people the chance and we’ll have more Dele Allis.”

Akinfenwa claims Wycombe have a puncher’s chance — though he is not as optimistic as when his Wimbledon side faced Liverpool two years ago and were pipped 2-1.

He said: “We honestly believe we will give Spurs a game but they are in-form title contenders who dispatched Chelsea.

“It’s not like when Liverpool came to Wimbledon’s ground and were going through a bad patch under Brendan Rodgers.

“We need Spurs to not play their best and for us to play better than our best. But I’m going into the occasion with lust.

“I’ll enjoy it win, lose or draw — as long as we don’t get absolutely spanked.”​

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...the-couldnt-get-anywhere-near-tottenham-star/

Good story on Adebayo Akinfenwa's view of the tie (though questionable whether Dele will play):

WYCOMBE’S 16-stone Beast Adebayo Akinfenwa has physically intimidated many an opponent — but not Dele Alli.

Akinfenwa crossed swords with an 18-year-old Dele, who was weighing in at around 11st 6lb, when AFC Wimbledon met MK Dons in a League Cup grudge match in 2014 — and he admits he could not get anywhere near the ‘lairy’ kid.

Now before he takes on Dele’s Spurs in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday, the Beast claims the England midfielder is a standard bearer for lower-league players.

Akinfenwa said: “Two years ago, I played against Dele Alli and I couldn’t get near him.

“He did something to me which was a bit lairy but he wasn’t intimidated — he was just, ‘Come on then, I need TP for my bunghole!’.

“I just wanted to bring this boy down but I couldn’t catch him.

“I was watching Spurs play Chelsea the other week and I tweeted that I couldn’t catch him — but neither could the best players in the world.

“He gave them the runaround as well, which made me feel better. There is quality in the lower leagues.

“The Premier League is what it is — the money, the need for instant success and the idea that if something is expensive, it must be quality — but as a long servant in the lower leagues I still see a lot of untapped potential.

“Dele Alli is a prime example. Two years ago he was running League One, now he’s running it in the Prem. Long may he fly the flag.

“People think you’ve got to be good yesterday but give people the chance and we’ll have more Dele Allis.”

Akinfenwa claims Wycombe have a puncher’s chance — though he is not as optimistic as when his Wimbledon side faced Liverpool two years ago and were pipped 2-1.

He said: “We honestly believe we will give Spurs a game but they are in-form title contenders who dispatched Chelsea.

“It’s not like when Liverpool came to Wimbledon’s ground and were going through a bad patch under Brendan Rodgers.

“We need Spurs to not play their best and for us to play better than our best. But I’m going into the occasion with lust.

“I’ll enjoy it win, lose or draw — as long as we don’t get absolutely spanked.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...the-couldnt-get-anywhere-near-tottenham-star/

He's talking to you Danishfurniturelover

Wycombe are not a very good team. In League 2, they are 5th and have been on a good unbeaten run of late (12 league games). However, they haven't beaten any of the top 8 teams in their league. Most of their recent wins have come against teams nearer the bottom of the league. Away from home, in the league, they have had 4 wins -- one against the team in 10th, the others against the bottom 3. They are also the lowest scorers in the top 10 in the league and have the second worst goal difference in the top 10 (+6).

IMO, we should be able to field a complete reserve side and be strong enough to beat them. Keep some big names on the bench incase of things going pear-shaped.

---------------vorm
trippier----ccv----wimmer----davies
---------onomah---winks
---son-------sissoko------n'koudou
-------------janssen

bench: lopez, walker-peters, dier, wanyama, eriksen, edwards, alli.

When Akinfenwa played for Gills I always affectionately called him 'The Tank' coz it's not just his build but the way he ploughs through/over everyone on his way down the pitch. "The Beast' also fits.

Is this being shown on any tellybox type thing? Or do I have to get the divining rods out?

Back