• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

While we didn't get the rub if the green last night - not only the ref but also our shooting and Adrian's luck when saving deflections not falling to our players, however it must be remembered that we have had a fair degree of good fortune this season from games - especially in crucial opening goals.

Off the top of my head, our first goals this season which favored us are : Llorente offside (Swansea), Auriers fluke (Brighton) Shawcross og (Stoke) Kane pen (Burnley) Kane offside (? forgotten).

It is on these crucial first goals that we need to improve. Once cracked, floodgates often open. It is why I argue that particularly in this context corners can be so vital. Our corners yesterday, of which we had seven, were again pants. Nothing epitomized this more than Eriksen's corner in the final minutes, when we had the considerable aerial threat of Llorente, Sánchez, Verts, Kane, Wanyama and Alli in the box. For the umpeenth time Eriksen failed to clear the first man. Practicing a dead ball situation where we get about 5-10 possibilities per game can only give us a greater edge to open our account against packed defenses or in tight games.

We at GG have made sure to send your suggestion that the first-team squad practice corners in their training sessions. ;)

I have not seen this attitude in a Tottenham Hotspur side for a long time. One thing I know is that under this manager, the players put there are giving everything they have on that particular day.
Yea, I hate this “don’t care” excuse, the same always gets leveled at England, it’s complete and utter rubbish!

I have not seen this attitude in a Tottenham Hotspur side for a long time. One thing I know is that under this manager, the players put there are giving everything they have on that particular day.

Maybe we didn’t have much to give on Thursday then as our performance was definitely lacking energy and speed in passing and movement.

Back