• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

Carroll was abs dogbrick against us in the Carabao, barely moved and offered no real threat. He makes their play very one-dimensional.

A spammer on Talksport last night also commented his play was the same against WBA, it just happened to be glossed over as he managed 2 goals.

However, if Cresswell is injured as the rumours suggest, I can see Moyes facing a dilemma here. Drop a striker who's just netted twice as his main supply is unavailable. Or stick with him but play as a one-dimensional force.

Lansing is the one that always worries me. He finds cute pockets of space and can conure something from nothing.

Everybody dance now!

We have already lost too many points against bottom teams so far this season. So, we cannot afford to drop any points in this match. We need an early goal to help settle our nerves and then kill the game off by getting more goals. Let's hope we will do just enough to beat West Ham and move closer to second place in the top 4 race.

--------------------- Lloris ---------------------
----- Dier --- Sanchez --- Vertonghen -----
Aurier ---- Wanyama ---- Dembele ---- Rose
------------ Eriksen ----------- Allí ------------
----------------------- Kane ---------------------

Vorm, Davies, Son, Lamela, Winks, Llorente.

Harsh on Son, but might need the rest from Tue and can be an impact sub if needed.

Following from that team above. If we can stay injury free it becomes an interesting problem for Poch to have once Toby is back. Presumably he replaces Dier at the back, but i've never been a fan of 3 CBs with Wanyama AND Dier.

Let's cross that bridge come February though eh.

Dembele is available according to the OS - surprising. Can't imagine we'll risk his fragile frame from teh start though given that Wanyama and Winks should be available and VW only played 30 mins or so on Tues

West Ham will want to kick us out of the game. Thats how they go against us normally, and with Moyes in charge it will only be worse.

I wager a fight fire with fire approach. A midfield of Wanyama/Dembele/Dier, with Sissoko to come in for either Wanyama/Dembele depending no how they go.

Just a straight up physical barrier to stand up against them.

Carroll was abs dogbrick against us in the Carabao, barely moved and offered no real threat. He makes their play very one-dimensional.

A spammer on Talksport last night also commented his play was the same against WBA, it just happened to be glossed over as he managed 2 goals.

However, if Cresswell is injured as the rumours suggest, I can see Moyes facing a dilemma here. Drop a striker who's just netted twice as his main supply is unavailable. Or stick with him but play as a one-dimensional force.

Lansing is the one that always worries me. He finds cute pockets of space and can conure something from nothing.

Carroll is exactly Moyes sort of player. Elbowing brute who you can launch it into the mixer too.

Which is essentially what they resort too, very quickly, under him.

They have done a good job of organising themselves defensively, hold a decent shape - but it all falls apart once things dont go their way.

Which is regular, because they have an inherent lack of quality throughout the entire side - but particularly at the back.

Then they just start launching it. Even on SSN the other week Kammy was saying how the ball is in the air more than on the ground - for him to notice it must be bad!

So I predict they will get in our faces, try to bully us, lots of niggling fouls (a Moyes forte), and get increasingly desperate the longer things dont go their way. If we take the lead that will only accelerate things...

West Ham will want to kick us out of the game. Thats how they go against us normally, and with Moyes in charge it will only be worse.

I wager a fight fire with fire approach. A midfield of Wanyama/Dembele/Dier, with Sissoko to come in for either Wanyama/Dembele depending no how they go.

Just a straight up physical barrier to stand up against them.

Carroll is exactly Moyes sort of player. Elbowing brute who you can launch it into the mixer too.

Which is essentially what they resort too, very quickly, under him.

They have done a good job of organising themselves defensively, hold a decent shape - but it all falls apart once things dont go their way.

Which is regular, because they have an inherent lack of quality throughout the entire side - but particularly at the back.

Then they just start launching it. Even on SSN the other week Kammy was saying how the ball is in the air more than on the ground - for him to notice it must be bad!

So I predict they will get in our faces, try to bully us, lots of niggling fouls (a Moyes forte), and get increasingly desperate the longer things dont go their way. If we take the lead that will only accelerate things...
I agree with most of that. Ambivalent about the fighting fire with fire approach, seems like you would often end up with a bigger fire [emoji57]

The way to beat them will mostly be by being a better footballing side. If Winks is fully fit and doing well in training I think this would be a good game for him (as I usually think). Though even with a more defensive central midfield we have the quality to hurt them going forward.

I agree with most of that. Ambivalent about the fighting fire with fire approach, seems like you would often end up with a bigger fire [emoji57]

The way to beat them will mostly be by being a better footballing side. If Winks is fully fit and doing well in training I think this would be a good game for him (as I usually think). Though even with a more defensive central midfield we have the quality to hurt them going forward.

I dont disagree, generally. I just think it might be we need to break them before beating them.

They will be out to fight, not play, and so we may need to face that down before getting to the business of out playing them.

Noble in particular is one to watch. His legs have gone, he has less pace than ever, and plays in desperation. And thats before you consider what a dirty, nasty little player he is. He gets West Ham, represents them, he is that guy who said such an awful thing to Livermore, HE will be the one to completely ruin one of ours if they get away from him.

Thats what we have to deal with. I could see him breaking Winks in half, I think he is less likely to try it/succeed with someone like Wanyama!

--------------------- Lloris ---------------------
----- Dier --- Sanchez --- Vertonghen -----
Aurier ---- Wanyama ---- Dembele ---- Rose
------------ Eriksen ----------- Allí ------------
----------------------- Kane ---------------------

Vorm, Davies, Son, Lamela, Winks, Llorente.

Harsh on Son, but might need the rest from Tue and can be an impact sub if needed.

Would be a bit odd to have two games 48 hours apart and Winks start neither of them. I assume that he was left on the bench on Tues in order to come in fresh for this one. Contrast with Dembele who was injured on Tues

Ours games against them this season have been games of two parts. In the early part of the games we have beaten them 5-0, in the latter part we have lost to them 0-5. To concede two or more goals late has been uncharacteristic of our defence over the last couple of seasons so to see it twice against them is galling.

I hope we rotate enough to take advantage of our greater squad depth. Dembele not playing on Tues and Kane and Wanyama only playing half an hour suggests we should have a fresher team. We can bring in Aurier, Wanyama, Dembele, Rose and Kane as starters. Perhaps this is a game for Sissoko to start as Eriksen, Alli and Son played the 90, with Lamela not far behind.

Masuaku seems like the annoying sort of player who occasionally has a barnstormer of a game (Boaz Myhill type) and my main fear tonight is that one of their players gives a massive outlier of a performance.

Lanzini is really talented, if inconsistent.

Carroll has the ability to occasionally be unplayable.

And Masuaku does look to have something about him.

We cant be complacent, thats for sure.

Would be a bit odd to have two games 48 hours apart and Winks start neither of them. I assume that he was left on the bench on Tues in order to come in fresh for this one. Contrast with Dembele who was injured on Tues

I took it more that Dembele wasn't 100% for Swansea, and given the West Ham turnaround and that pitch Tues, he was rested for tonight. Cert rather have him mixing it up than Winks. Esp if Wanyama is back in to cover.

Back