• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Victimpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quite. For the last two games we have formed a five man midfield in defence with our wide forwards covering the fullbacks. It worked quite well for the first 20 minutes on Sunday but we lost shape as the game went on, started to ball watch and left space out wide that Liverpool exploited.
I think the main problem against Liverpool was that we weren't brave enough in our play to get past their press and exploit the ridiculous amount of space that we had in behind. Defensively we were actually OK overall really, but when asked to defend for that much of the game against players of Liverpool's quality you will always give up a few chances.

I think the difference really could've been NDombele with his ability to beat the press both with his dribbling and penetrative, forward passing. I actually think a midfield 2 of Sissoko and NDombele would be a decent combination for us to go with for now and we could then replace Sissoko with a proper top class player this summer and be very, very good indeed. Having those two with any three from Son, Lo Celso, Lamela, Dele, Moura or Sessegnon in front of them would be more than enough to beat most teams in the PL.

I think the main problem against Liverpool was that we weren't brave enough in our play to get past their press and exploit the ridiculous amount of space that we had in behind. Defensively we were actually OK overall really, but when asked to defend for that much of the game against players of Liverpool's quality you will always give up a few chances.

I think the difference really could've been NDombele with his ability to beat the press both with his dribbling and penetrative, forward passing. I actually think a midfield 2 of Sissoko and NDombele would be a decent combination for us to go with for now and we could then replace Sissoko with a proper top class player this summer and be very, very good indeed. Having those two with any three from Son, Lo Celso, Lamela, Dele, Moura or Sessegnon in front of them would be more than enough to beat most teams in the PL.

I don't disagree with that. I think that I probably took more positives from the game than many on here. I was as puzzled as most at the selection and I think that we should've brought N'Dombele on earlier but I think that there have been glimmers of hope over the last three games.

I think you mean Aurier. Easy to confuse the two dummies.

Indeed, apologies on that. Your point stands clearer than my specific example, but I think we’d agree that both Eriksen and Son had rather too much responsibility in this regard whether sticking to their side or switching sides (as they did a few times).

Disappointed but not really surprised with this defeat. With our poor away record against the top 6 teams, didn't expect anything from this match. The only thing surprising from this match was we only lost 1-2 after leading for almost 1 hour. In fact, we could have lost badly if not for some brilliant saves from Gazzaniga. Our lack of mental strength to defend the leads are shown yet again.

Credit to Kane for scoring our only goal. We used to win all the matches when Kane scored in the past. But it is no longer so now. Kane has lost his magic touches for us. Apart from the goal, our attack looked toothless for most of the match. If Son had scored his one-on-one chance in the second half, maybe we could have done better. We badly missed the injured Lamela who could have helped us stop Liverpool.

This match shows how we badly need a proper defensive midfielder. We wanted to defend for most of the match but without a capable defensive midfielder we were unable to stop Liverpool. Ndombele, Winks or Sissoko will never become a reliable defensive midfielder. Maybe we should have brought on Dier to improve our midfield against Liverpool in the second half.

Our defence conceded 2 soft goals. Rose and Aurier were directly at fault for the goals. Rose should have been more alert for the first goal while Aurier was really stupid to concede the penalty for the second goal. It was harsh for Gazzaniga who pulled off many great saves to keep us in the game until then. Maybe we should have brought on Vertonghen to strengthen our defence in the second half.

We are now winless in 11 away matches in the league, losing 9 and drawing 2. We once had the best away record in the league but we now have the worst record. Not sure how we lost our great away record. This puts more pressure on the team and Pochettino. Pochettino better do something to improve our away record if we want to finish in top 10 this season.

If you want to take the optimistic view, they started 6th in the table and are on their longest unbeaten run for decades, whilst 9 of our starting 11 also started in Belgrade on Wednesday night

Edit: meant for the sheff U match thread

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back