• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Victimpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But if we'd signed Milner we'd may not have had the need for Sissoko.

Go on chose one, bear in mind one can has a decent shot on him and a goal or two...
I think I prefer brick to mediocre. At least brick players can be interesting.

Thanks to Kane scoring so early we had to witness a really horrible game, spending 75 minutes focussing on how we defend. I think we do have to give some credit to our lads as their front three had very few chances to score, but it was how we reacted to having possession on the rare occassions Liverpool left it with us which was worse. Dele and Eriksen were quite brick with it, neither doing much to help steady the ship and release the pressure. Dele "Sir wafty foot" Alli was fine at covering the middle, but he was atrocious with the ball.

I do believe that Poch should never have picked Eriksen in the first place and by the hour mark it was very obvious he needed replacing. I got fed up of having listen to Gary fudging Neville say "he doesn't want to be there" about Eriksen. No midfielder wants to be there you cretin, but the alternative is Eriksen just leaving Aurier 1v2, which leads us to their first goal...

We yet again conceded from a fullback being left to choose between closing the winger (his man) or marking the guy coming in from the midfield. At the start of that piece of play as the ball went out to their left, Rose was 1v2 with Salah and Henderson. He has to call over Son or Dele to help him, if he didn't then one of those two should've had the brains to drop back. I know Sonny is loved here, but I think he should've been on Henderson. There can be no argument on the pen, Aurier fudged that up royally but I will bemoan how weak Eriksen was with the ball 10 seconds prior. The guy got pushed off it so easily whilst thinking he had time to bring it down prettily.

The game was horrible because it only drew attention to our flaws. Our fullbacks can't cross reliably, so the 2-3 crosses they do manage in the game are all crap. Robertson and TAA (hate the clam btw), both would create at least one goalscoring chance each from the same number. Winks for all his energy couldn't threaten them physically defending nor with his passing, whilst N'Dombele did both. Eriksen isn't good at defending wide areas and was crap under pressure, something that has been brought up time and time again during his time with us.

I’ve only seen Le Celso play 2 full games and the spurs highlights
He plays from deep so from what I saw isn’t hindered with left foot issue
The guy has a hell of a range on him and can shoot too
Him and NDombele will be a nice pair in front of a suitable deeper CM

I'm really looking forward to having both of them in our starting line-up

As for the suitable deeper who would be mobile enough to get around the pitch so as to make the tackles and the interceptions and also, be able to shift it with speed and precision to either N'dombele or Le Celso - that's a problem that needs solving...Dier if he can get anywhere near back to his best, and another player, who I don't think we currently have at the club.

Milner was signed on a free on big wages and refused to sign for us when we agreed a fee with a Leeds

I don't recall that we tried signing him back then in 2004...

I wasn't suggesting we signed him when he left Emirates Marketing Project for Liverpool but he wouldn't have been the worst signing either ...I just thought @scaramanga 's put down of Milner in his exchange with @Finney Is Back was a little OTT...

I don't recall that we tried signing him back then in 2004...

I wasn't suggesting we signed him when he left Emirates Marketing Project for Liverpool but he wouldn't have been the worst signing either ...I just thought @scaramanga 's put down of Milner in his exchange with @Finney Is Back was a little OTT...
Yeah Leeds were in financial ruin so we agreed to buy Robinson in the January IIRC and they loaned him back, but had too many loanees so that didn’t work (sound familiar)

we were then buying him in the summer and later that year they offered us Milner but he was open and didn’t want to move south
And went to poocastle

Yeah Leeds were in financial ruin so we agreed to buy Robinson in the January IIRC and they loaned him back, but had too many loanees so that didn’t work (sound familiar)

we were then buying him in the summer and later that year they offered us Milner but he was open and didn’t want to move south
And went to poocastle

They weren't so poo back then... Finished 3rd in PL and were CL !..

Interesting comment from someone who rates both Henderson and Parker as footballers.

Are you also a fan of Status Quo and the colour beige?
Both better players than your two favorites Dier and Winks (in fact Status Quo probably wouldn’t be much worse in central midfield than Dier these days and their severely limited range of chords is akin to Harry Winks’ passing).... Unfortunately both Parker and Henderson would be starters for us right now (especially the former).

Last edited:
Both better players than your two favorites Dier and Winks (in fact Status Quo probably wouldn’t be much worse in central midfield than Dier these days and their severely limited range of chords is akin to Harry Winks’ passing).... Unfortunately both Parker and Henderson would be starters for us right now (especially the former).
Again, obvious troll is too obvious.

You'll really have to try harder if you want people to take you seriously.

Better. Well deserved loss, but not trashed away to one of the best teams around. We actually looked like a team that belongs in the top third of the table, that's not been a given recently.

Can only hope the players aren't disheartened by the loss, even though the difference in class was clear, we can build from this.

Some answers to questions we already knew the answers to. Plenty of work that needs doing.

Back