• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke ***

I flew into England yesterday, just in time for the game to start.. I'm going to say my presence was a good omen and take all the credit for a dominant victory, getting us back on track.

Stoke were blood awful, but Son was so good. Kane and Alli too. Great performance all round aside from one moment of weakness from Lloris.

Let's do the same against Brighton then go into the City game with real a head of steam.. It's been foretold.

It's interesting that we move away from using him as a wing back and from utilizing his main strengths in attack and the team performance moves up a notch or two and we create a lot more chances - only one game so not a lot can be read in to it, especially as Stoke were so poorly organised, but him playing it simple and avoiding the long balls in to the box seemed to help the team

In fairness I think the CB situation forces that, however to add to your point above/expand on it, I think it is interesting that we created more with our 4-2-3-1 than the 3. It really does seem to be a productive formation for us...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

In fairness I think the CB situation forces that, however to add to your point above/expand on it, I think it is interesting that we created more with our 4-2-3-1 than the 3. It really does seem to be a productive formation for us...

Thats no suprise to me as i think Walker and Rose were key to making the 3421 work and so far Aurier hasnt stepped in to Walkers shoes well enough whilst Rose remains out of serious contention to play - 4231 in theory should suit our available players much better.

Good to have a couple of different set ups to be able to play

I know its 'horses for courses' but think we deffo need to go 4-2-3-1 more often. Right now if we reverted to a 2 behind Kane, for me, Alli would have to miss it. Son is a man on fire and has more than earned his place in the X1
Agreed, Son was WAY more effective than Alli in terms of shots, assists and runs. Alli only did a few things right, every other time he roostered up. Lamela did more than Alli in half an hour.

We look so much more potent and dynamic with Son probing the left side

After being winless in 4 matches, this was a badly needed win ! It is nice to get a convincing win in the league after our poor form recently, especially at Wembley. ! We pIayed well and could have won by a bigger score. In fact, we could have matched our 9-1 win over Wigan in 2010 if we had been more clinical in front of goal. We wasted atleast 5 one-on-one chances which we should have scored from. Despite that, it was really satisying to beat Stoke by a big score yet again. Apparently we are the first team in Div.1/PL history to have won by 4 or more goals against the same opponents for 4 matches in a row !

Well done to Kane, Son and Eriksen for the goals. It is always enjoyable seeing Kane scoring as he has not been at his best recently. In fact, Kane really should have equalled the 5 goals scored by Defoe in that 9-1 win over Wigan in 2010. Apart from the 2 goals he scored, Kane had 3 one-on-one chances which he wasted. Son played well as he scored another good goal, assisted the goal for Eriksen and also had a part in our first goal when his cross was headed into own goal by the Stoke player. But Son also wasted a one-on-one chance in the first half. The return of Lamela already showing positive impact on other players as Eriksen scored our 5th goal while Alli assisted the goal for Son. Remember, both Alli and Eriksen have been very poor recently but now they have Lamela to push them on. Lamela came on and made an impact as he had a one-on-one chance which he should have scored from and he also put an inch perfect cross for Kane which was wasted.

Our midfield had a good match even if Stoke were very poor. Nice to see Dembele and Winks playing well. It has been a long time since Dembele playing well like this. But Dembele really needs to step up to assist or score goals for us. Thought Sissoko would make an impact for us when he came on but he failed to do so. It was disappointing we failed to scored any goals in the last 15 minutes yet again.

It was annoying to see our defence failing to keep the clean sheet yet again. Stoke were very poor and didn't look like scoring whole match but we still gifted them a goal. Lloris was fully at blame for the goal as he came out and failed to collect the cross which was easily headed into goal by the Stoke player. A bit worrying to see Lloris making this kind of mistakes in recent matches. It seems like Lloris needs Alderweireld in defence to be at his best.

It is nice to see us getting back into winning ways in the league. Now we need to go on a winning run to get back into the top 4 race. Let's hope this win will boost our confidence when we play Brighton and ManCity next.

My thoughts on the Stoke game;

First goal always settles us down; crowd and players need it to come in the first 20 mins otherwise we start getting edgy.

Shaqira's complete refusal to help out defensively meant we had them exposed on our left wing. Son and Davies exploited that and we could have easily scored a couple more.

Winks and Dembele look tidy in the middle. Eriksen looked better for the week rest, this should reinforce to Poch that he can't play him game after game and not expect a slip in standards.

When our front four aren't selfish we look amazing. Far too often however Kane, Son and Alli fail to pick out a simple pass to score. I can think of two occasions when Kane & Lamela were completely unmarked and not passed to.

Trippier didn't play badly but put very few balls into the box, like we know he can.

Lloris came flapping for their goal, stupid way to lose a clean sheet.

Stoke are poor, if there's three worse teams than that in the league I'll be surprised.

Thats no suprise to me as i think Walker and Rose were key to making the 3421 work and so far Aurier hasnt stepped in to Walkers shoes well enough whilst Rose remains out of serious contention to play - 4231 in theory should suit our available players much better.

Good to have a couple of different set ups to be able to play

Aurier is a raw Walker. Let’s hope Poch can get the best out of him.
When we have Toby fit, I am sure we will go back to a 3. With a fit Victor or Dier next to Winks, we will see both FBs/WBs push much higher and faster methinks.
Winks is so important!

When our front four aren't selfish we look amazing. Far too often however Kane, Son and Alli fail to pick out a simple pass to score. I can think of two occasions when Kane & Lamela were completely unmarked and not passed to.
I suggest you might want to reconsider your attitude towards the perceived selfishness of our forwards, especially regarding Kane.

I'm not denying for one moment that they are selfish, but you may be surprised to learn for example that Harry Kane has a marginally better conversion rate of goals-to-shots than the combined average of the top strikers around Europe. This season in all club competitions he's scored one goal for every 4.2 shots. The overall average conversion rate for the top dozen strikers all around Europe - including the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Lewandowski - is around one goal to every 4.3 shots.

So my point is we maybe need to rethink our attitude towards selfishness in a striker and try to accept that it's an inescapable given. Therefore instead of allowing ourselves to get frustrated we need to maybe take a deep breath and actually be thankful that they are! :D:D:D

Last edited:
I suggest you might want to reconsider your attitude towards the perceived selfishness of our forwards, especially regarding Kane.

I'm not denying for one moment that they are selfish, but you may be surprised to learn for example that Harry Kane has a marginally better conversion rate of goals-to-shots than the combined average of the top strikers around Europe. This season in all club competitions he's scored one goal for every 4.2 shots. The overall average conversion rate for the top dozen strikers all around Europe - including the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Lewandowski - is around one goal to every 4.3 shots.

So my point is we maybe need to rethink our attitude towards selfishness in a striker and try to accept that it's an inescapable given. Therefore instead of allowing ourselves to get frustrated we need to maybe take a deep breath and actually be thankful that they are! :D:D:D

If someone's going to shoot in our team I'm hoping it's Kane.

The sooner all our players are replaced by robots who make the correct decision every single time the better. Humans just don't cut it to appease our demanding customers these days.

The sooner all our players are replaced by robots who make the correct decision every single time the better. Humans just don't cut it to appease our demanding customers these days.

Robots will only play for Bitcoin and we know that’s a bubble that will burst so we’re damned I tell ya

Job done. A good result. Although, I was nervous at halftime, fearing we could mess it up.

Chelsea lost - even if it was to the Spammers, who remain in the relegation zone.

Tomorrow, I would like:
- Arse to lose or at least not win
- Ditto Liverpool.

- The Mancs to draw. Actually, it would be better if there was a battle there. A record number of red cards to both sides, resulting in not enough players on the pitch. Therefore, the game being stopped and no result declared.

Not bad for a prediction ;)

DQxRUcyVwAE1QgV

Didn't anyone realise the cranes building the new ground get together overnight for training ? Several of our own !.

Strange. I thought Trippier and Davies had fairly average games against Stoke. Davies was caught of position a few times but we weren't punished for it. Good cross for Kane's goal though. Trippier was just so so IMO. I guess everyone else must have been really pants.
Both had awful starts but gradually improved as the game went on, however neither played anywhere near their best at any stage. Even Kane had a distinctly mixed game by his standards.

Perhaps they just make it up as they go along?

Both had awful starts but gradually improved as the game went on, however neither played anywhere near their best at any stage. Even Kane had a distinctly mixed game by his standards.

Perhaps they just make it up as they go along?
Awful? I've seen awful this season, and that wasn't it.

We started fine, better than we have for weeks in the league.

Back