• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v South Coast's Biggest Club

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
St Mary's Stadium
3pm Wednesday 1st January 2020
Live on BT Sport

12632-1bnsfsq.gif

Oh, right, it's tomorrow. Matches coming thick and fast now. I'd go with milo's team, but I doubt we'll see Foyth on the right back, and I doubt Lo Celso and Sessegnon will both start - probably Lucas for one of them, and Aurier on the RB as usual.

Oh, right, it's tomorrow. Matches coming thick and fast now. I'd go with milo's team, but I doubt we'll see Foyth on the right back, and I doubt Lo Celso and Sessegnon will both start - probably Lucas for one of them, and Aurier on the RB as usual.

I think that you are probably right. With Boro up this weekend, we'll probably not be saving too many players.

Mou does seem to be committed to Aurier. Think Toby Alli and Kane have started every game.

we know he likes Dier, I except to see him partner NDom unless there are any fitness concerns for the latter.

Moura I’d expect to start too, he’s been a mainstay apart form being rested last time out.

He seems to like Sanchez so the question mark will be how significant subbing Jan off at HT will be compared to giving Sessegnon the nod at left back. I have a feeling he will stick with Jan.
That leaves an attacking mid place, honestly couldn’t predict whether it would be Sessegnon, lamela, Erisken or Lo Celso. Personally I think Sessegnon gives us more natural balance as a left footer with some pace, although Alli is probably prone to straying out to that side. Starting Lamela would mean moving Moura to the left it would be good for Lo Celso to get a consecutive start to help with his rhythm although I think he prefers to start from the right hand side too?
............. Gazza

......... Toby. Sanchez.

Aurier. ............................ Jan

........ NDom. Dier

..... Moura. .. Alli. ........ ?

Kane.

I would love to see Foyth at right back too, I just can’t see it.

Would be tempting to play the same side against Norwich. The biggest issue with that side was a few players starting a game for the first time in a while. Let them put it right.

Last edited:
....................Gazzaniga

Foyth.... Sanchez.. Alderweireld...Sessegnon

............... Ndombele..Dier....................

......Moura..........Dele.........Eriksen........

.......................Kane.........................

It’s the partnership that stands out based on both players attributes, but Dier just needs to find some form, time is running out for him now.

I don't think it is. He's not going to be sold any time soon. I think that we probably will sign a player in his position but he'll still get opportunities and his flexibility makes him a useful squad player.

I don't think it is. He's not going to be sold any time soon. I think that we probably will sign a player in his position but he'll still get opportunities and his flexibility makes him a useful squad player.
Meant more as a first team regular rather than squad filler. It’s a position, DCM, that I’d imagine Jose will be looking to buy in as a priority along with FB, unless Dier can turn his form around. Wolves away was more like it but he dropped off again the next game.

Meant more as a first team regular rather than squad filler. It’s a position, DCM, that I’d imagine Jose will be looking to buy in as a priority along with FB, unless Dier can turn his form around. Wolves away was more like it but he dropped off again the next game.

Like I said, I think that we'll look to bring someone in in his position but that doesn't mean that his opportunities are finished.

The biggest issue with him, seems to me to be his fitness. That illness and surgery really appear to be taking a while for him to fully recover from. I wouldn't be surprised if it took a full pre-season before he was back to close to where he was before.

I think it's important we persist with Dier. With the risk of sounding like one of these stats nerds incorrectly interpreting data there is certainly some correlation between Dier playing and our results generally being more consistent. He played a fair chunk of the first part of the 2018/19 season where we played 19, won 15 and lost 4. Then we moved towards a Sissoko and Winks midfield where we enjoyed some success early on in a diamond formation including beating Chelsea 3-1, Everton 6-2 and Bournemouth 5-0. He certainly offers us a little positional balance, one which is far too easily lost in the Winks/Sissoko midfield. I like the idea of persisting with Dier and Ndombele as it probably gives us our best platform, freeing up Ndombele to drive us forward without too much of an onus on him being our main DM.

Gazza
Aurier Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen
Dier Ndombele
Moura Dele Eriksen
Kane

Is what I am expecting/hoping. Would be happy to see Foyth at RB, and even a spot for Lo Celso and perhaps even Sess at left back (I know Mourinho said he's not ready for that yet). I reckon there is a fair chance that Sissoko starts though.

It’s the partnership that stands out based on both players attributes, but Dier just needs to find some form, time is running out for him now.

It is as you say, i am hoping that once Jose has worked with him and the other C/M players over the next few months and builds the structure we are lacking in the middle he will prove to his worth.

I could see Sissoko for Moura with Moura and Son starting on Sunday with Dele and Kane rested.
I actually wouldn't mind that at all. Sissoko has some very positive attributes, and it seems Poch had the right idea using him off the right early on.

I'd like to see:

----------------------------Gazza---------------------------------

---Foyth---Alderweireld--------Sanchez-----Vertonghen----

-------------------Dier------------Ndombele--------------------

------Moura---------------Dele--------------Eriksen------------

----------------------------Kane---------------------------------

...however I expect we'll see Aurier rather than Foyth, and Sessegnon rather than Eriksen.

I've long been advocating for not playing Eriksen at all, however his performances since Mourinho arrived have been night and day different to those under Poch for the previous 12-18 months so I'd now be happy to start him (though would start Son in preference to him when back)

I think either tomorrow or against Middlesbrough we will see a surprise selection. JM likes a gamble, so we will either start the team that played the second half against Norwich or go for a reverse wonky with Lamela covering for Sess marauding on the left and Aurier/Foyth tucking in on the right. Verts and Dele look shattered to me a na rest .So a possible team against Soton who have lots of fast forwards might be:

...............................Gazza............................

.......Aurier..............Sanchez..........Toby/Tanganga

Sissoko.....................Dier/Winks.....................Sess

....................Eriksen...........NDombele.........Lamela

...........................Kane...........................

Moura, Dele, LoCelso off the bench if needed. Play our usual containing (i.e. brick) first half and have plenty of fresh legs against a tiring Soton second half.

Back