• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Some Spanish team apparently**

Anyone worry that the away game was the chance to beat them and effectively book our place in the knockout rounds?
I still fear Real Madrid and their away prowess tbh...

Anyone worry that the away game was the chance to beat them and effectively book our place in the knockout rounds?
I still fear Real Madrid and their away prowess tbh...

Not so much to be honest. But I do think we need to get a result against them at Wembley to prove that we have genuine aspirations at this level. Last night counts for nothing if they beat us at Wembley particularly if they give us a tonking.

We really should be looking to beat them and at winning the group. Imagine the statement that would send out particularly if we could also get a result in Dortmund too.

The time for talking about potential has passed. We now have to brick or get off the pot and I see no reason why we can't do it. Our manager knows what he's doing so I have faith in his ability to put the right plan in place. Him and the players just need to have the right attitude and believe it's possible.

Only if Dortmund beat Madrid.
A not unlikely scenario, given the game is on matchday 6 and Real may have already qualified by then. However, if we draw with Real at Wembley and then we lose to Dortmund, we go into the final matchday as follows (I'm assuming everyone wins their APOEL games):

Real......11
Spurs..... 8
BVB....... 7

So Real would have to play for at least a draw against Dortmund, since it may be the difference between finish first or second in the group (depending on our respective GD).

If we actually manage to beat Real at Wembley and lose at Dortmund, then it will get really interesting:

Spurs.....10
Real......10
BVB....... 7

A loss by Real, depending on the score, could see them in the Europa League!

The worst case (and unfortunately, most likely) scenario for us is losing both the Real and BVB games:

Real......13
Spurs..... 7
BVB....... 7

In this scenario, I could see BVB getting a win at the Bernabeu and us finishing third, if Dortmund beat us at their home with a score that would give them the tie-break. So I expect Dortmund to go all out in the game against us, which may actually work in our favor, but nothing is guaranteed.

Bottom line: we are not out of the woods yet by any stretch. And if it comes down to winning that last match against APOEL, I worry how jangled the nerves will be! So we must get a good result against Real in a couple of weeks and then we can breath just a little bit easier.

A not unlikely scenario, given the game is on matchday 6 and Real may have already qualified by then. However, if we draw with Real at Wembley and then we lose to Dortmund, we go into the final matchday as follows (I'm assuming everyone wins their APOEL games):

Real......11
Spurs..... 8
BVB....... 7

So Real would have to play for at least a draw against Dortmund, since it may be the difference between finish first or second in the group (depending on our respective GD).

If we actually manage to beat Real at Wembley and lose at Dortmund, then it will get really interesting:

Spurs.....10
Real......10
BVB....... 7

A loss by Real, depending on the score, could see them in the Europa League!

The worst case (and unfortunately, most likely) scenario for us is losing both the Real and BVB games:

Real......13
Spurs..... 7
BVB....... 7

In this scenario, I could see BVB getting a win at the Bernabeu and us finishing third, if Dortmund beat us at their home with a score that would give them the tie-break. So I expect Dortmund to go all out in the game against us, which may actually work in our favor, but nothing is guaranteed.

Bottom line: we are not out of the woods yet by any stretch. And if it comes down to winning that last match against APOEL, I worry how jangled the nerves will be! So we must get a good result against Real in a couple of weeks and then we can breath just a little bit easier.

Having seen the way Dortmund defend, I just don't think they can get a result against Madrid. They will have to score twice just to get a point, imo.

It is nice to get this draw away at Real Madrid. It proves we have enough quality to compete against big teams like Real in the CL. But we really should have won this game. We had enough chances to score late in the match, especially the Kane miss. Would have accepted a draw before the match. But it would have really boosted our confidence if we had won this game.

Kane did well to force the own goal. But he wasted 2 chances to score, both saved by the goalie. It is a bit disappointing the way he wasted the one-on-one chance late in the match. He had all the time in the world to either round the goalie or lob the ball but he put it too near the goalie who saved it. Eriksen too should have done better with his chance. Thought Eriksen should have passed to Kane who was unmarked. Credit to Llorente for creating both the chance for Kane and Eriksen.

Well done to our midfield for having a good match, especially in the second half. Was worried the likes of Dier and Winks would be outclassed by Real. Instead they did well to play to their best. Sissoko continued to send shock waves around the football world by having another good match. But he still needs to improve his finishing. Too bad Eriksen didn't have a good match like others.

Our defence had almost a perfect match, apart from the penalty conceded by Aurier. Credit to Lloris, Alderweirerd , Vertonghen and Sanchez for doing their best to stop the Real attacks. Lloris was at his best pulling off 3 or 4 world class saves. Aurier too played well but he was naive to concede the penalty like that. I think Alderweireld would have cleared the ball if Aurier had not fouled the Real player.

We made history by getting this draw at Real Madrid. History books will show that we came very close to beat Real Madrid at their place. It would have been much better if Kane had scored and helped us to win. Let's hope this draw will boost our confidence when we play Real at Wembley in our next CL match.

Back