• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - *** Tottenham Hotspur v some Scouse team ***

If both teams play to the best of their ability, there is only ever one winner and thats us. We have more quality than them.

Wanyama is brick on the ball. I was hoping he would play alongside Dier. Dembele holds onto it as well so would have liked him to play as well.

The only thing I'd swap with Spurs is their defenders and goalkeeper.

Spurs’ goalscoring stats were inflated due to a few thrashings at the end of last season. Its laughable to suggest they have a better attack than us.

They won 86 pts last season, they won't be improving on that.

Get comfortable and confident in playing at Wembley - this will help in furutre cup finals.

come on red men lets fudgein smash this lot off Anfield South.

wanyama brick on +
If both teams play to the best of their ability, there is only ever one winner and thats us. We have more quality than them.

Wanyama is brick on the ball. I was hoping he would play alongside Dier. Dembele holds onto it as well so would have liked him to play as well.

The only thing I'd swap with Spurs is their defenders and goalkeeper.

Spurs’ goalscoring stats were inflated due to a few thrashings at the end of last season. Its laughable to suggest they have a better attack than us.

They won 86 pts last season, they won't be improving on that.

Get comfortable and confident in playing at Wembley - this will help in furutre cup finals.

come on red men lets fudgein smash this lot off Anfield South.

wanyama is not brick on the ball. he's got pretty nifty feet for a big man. well at least to me....

Your memory is better than mine! (Pretty sure the pool game was early in his reign too)

It WAS Liverpool at home! We'd got that massive 4-4 at the deathstar midweek. Liverpool battered us for 70 mins until they subbed Keane, Pav was put on and told to 'run abaht a bit' and we scored two late ones with Super Pav on the mark!!!

Nervous about this one with our poor run of performances and results against them.

We need to find a good solution to at least get us playing better against them. Good sign that we did quite well against Dortmund.

Will be interesting to see how we line up. Some options for Pochettino now.

Nervous about this one with our poor run of performances and results against them.

We need to find a good solution to at least get us playing better against them. Good sign that we did quite well against Dortmund.

Will be interesting to see how we line up. Some options for Pochettino now.

not nervous about our poor run (not indicative due to our progress), but worried that we won't be able to play our optimal game around a strong core (dembele and/or wanyama) .

It WAS Liverpool at home! We'd got that massive 4-4 at the deathstar midweek. Liverpool battered us for 70 mins until they subbed Keane, Pav was put on and told to 'run abaht a bit' and we scored two late ones with Super Pav on the mark!!!

That one was glorious! I got so drunk that night celebrating.

I'm not feeling too optimistic about today for whatever reason. Hopefully we'll at least avoid defeat!

After the erection inducing draw against Real Madrid in the CL, we need to continue that momentum in the league. We really need to improve our home form as we have not been very convincing in the league at Wembley. Also, we have a very poor record against Liverpool, drawing 3 and losing 7 of our last 10 matches against them in all competitions. Annoyingly, it is now 5 years since we last beat Liverpool in 2012. Remember, since Pochettino became the manager, we have beaten all other big teams like ManU, ManCity, Chelsea and Arsenal. Liverpool are the only big team Pochettino have not beaten yet. It is time Pochettino overcome the Liverpool jinx by beating them this time !

Our lack of goals is our main problem in our league matches at Wembley. We have only scored 3 goals in 4 matches in the league at Wembley, 1 of it an own goal against Chelsea. Our 2 goals haven been scored by Alli and Eriksen. Amazingly, even Kane still has not scored any goal in the league at Wembley so far this season. So, it will help us greatly if Kane can start scoring in our league matches at Wembley, starting with this match. Others like Alli and Eriksen too need to step up to try and get a goal or two against Liverpool.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Our midfield have not been very consistent this season due to injury problems to Dembele and Wanyama. Still not fully convinced of Dier and Winks in midfield. Sissoko has been doing well in recent matches. So, Sissoko deserves to start this match. Eriksen did well to score against Bournemouth last time. But he can really step up his game to score more goals, especially from freekicks. Wish we can have Lamela back for this match. We can really do with his creativity and work rate in midfield.

Can see our defence working extra hard in this match. Liverpool do have many attacking players who can test our defence. We will need Lloris, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Sanchez to be at their best in this match. We need the defence to be alert all the time and avoid giving away freekicks near our goal. Liverpool have players who can score long range goals. So we need to stop them taking long range shots on our goal. It will help us greatly if our defence can keep the clean sheet in this match.

Can see this being another tensed match at Wembley for us. We really need to beat big teams like Liverpool at Wembley if we want to stay in the title race this season. Let's hope we will turn up with right team and mentality to get that much needed win against Liverpool.

not nervous about our poor run (not indicative due to our progress), but worried that we won't be able to play our optimal game around a strong core (dembele and/or wanyama) .
I don't remember every line up, but I think we've had that strong core in recent games against them and struggled.

To me a core that's better on the ball, better at pass and move football might be better for us. Winks and Dier. Try to play through their pressing.

Might also see Llorente again, the option of gong long like against Real Madrid. Their defenders aren't exactly top notch, dealing with Kane and Llorente might be a challenge they won't like. Eriksen and Alli box to box with Dier holding...

Or perhaps a more counter attacking setup with Sissoko and/or Son.

Plenty of options for Pochettino. Hopefully he'll make the right choice, whatever it is.

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our best players back for this match, especially Dembele, Wanyama and Lamela. It is going to be another tough match for us. For some reason, we have always struggled against Liverpool. Hope we can overcome the Liverpool jinx by beating them this time.

Not confident for this.

Fear a loss coming, klopp seems to have the jinx over us and the pace always causes us issues

Redknapp's first home game, iirc, was a belter.

Super Pav scoring very late at the far post on the teeming rain, then sliding in celebration.

The start of the revival, perhaps even the start to where we find ourselves now.

I loved this match. Absolutely got battered in the first half, they should have been out of sight. Can still see Pav sliding into the corner in the downpour. Think it was the first time I had been at the Lane and seen an injury time winner. That drive home that night was sweet

I'm on route from south Wales, sitting behind the dugout and I will.not be one of those brick fans who leaves my seat.

Hoping Davies is back from illness so dier can sit in midfield alongside winks. Ali to come back in too.

This won't be an open game like people are saying, it'll be tight and we won't make the same mistake as before and go at them and be open to counter attack. Our solid defence and lethal Mr Kane will make the difference. COYFS

Today will be a big day for Sisokko. I think he needs to play well for us to succeed. He can do it, I'm starting to believe, but he needs to run like he's never run before

If Poch makes right conclusions from previous draws and looses against Liverpool, I can see us winning this game. We can't go full guns and play on opposite cources. We need to sit rather deep, but also press them before our penalty box and hit on the counters. Something what we did against Borussia Dortmund, but overall with a better quality.

---------------Lloris--------------
----Toby--Sanchez--Vert----
-Aurier------Dier-----Davies-
-----Sissoko-----------Son-----
---------Alli / Eriksen-----------
----------------Kane--------------

It's debatable whether to put Alli or Eriksen in the starting line-up.
Alli is a bit better in pressing and quicker, which should be important in this game.
Eriksen provides additional danger in freekicks - both direct and indirect. And Liverpool are known bottlers on set pieces. Also he is capable of scoring a long-range gem and making a world-class through ball.
Still I'm not sure we should play both of them (instead of Son or Sissoko, who are better suited for counter play and dominating on wings).

Last edited:
Back