• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quite possible.

I think theres maybe a case for Poch being too friendly/personally invested with them as well. Giving them far more faith and leeway than they deserve.

He seems the type, IMO. Though I think managers really need a cold ruthless streak as well to really get the best out of a squad. If Im right about Poch hopefully this is a lesson he is learning right now.

I think there’s real merit in this, despite the fact I personally believe a lot of his own bewilderment at this group coming to an end has revolved around the no-show in the CL Final. I believe he has been left damaged by how several simply did not show up. I do think he is learning right now that some of his players are not as loyal as he hoped. I hope that providing he gets the chance to build mkII, he is brave enough to replace all he believes need replacing/Levy backs him. If not, if none of that will happen, I can see Allegri coming...FWIW, I think several in our squad need to hang their heads in shame. For me personally, that includes Harry right now.

I think there’s real merit in this, despite the fact I personally believe a lot of his own bewilderment at this group coming to an end has revolved around the no-show in the CL Final. I believe he has been left damaged by how several simply did not show up. I do think he is learning right now that some of his players are not as loyal as he hoped. I hope that providing he gets the chance to build mkII, he is brave enough to replace all he believes need replacing/Levy backs him. If not, if none of that will happen, I can see Allegri coming...FWIW, I think several in our squad need to hang their heads in shame. For me personally, that includes Harry right now.

Its a bit of a chicken and egg thing for me. I think the players do themselves no favours at all here, and am certainly not advocating for them - but by the same token Poch really didnt seem at it at all since the end of the season and may well have sown the seeds of discontent himself.

As you say yourself we were apparently actively looking for his successor. I dont believe that happens unless there is a very real possibility of him going. And I dont believe THAT happens without consequence...

Allegri? Im not against the idea. Though if I were a betting man Id expect Mourinho. Far more equipped to take on the team mid season and still make something of it.

Its a bit of a chicken and egg thing for me. I think the players do themselves no favours at all here, and am certainly not advocating for them - but by the same token Poch really didnt seem at it at all since the end of the season and may well have sown the seeds of discontent himself.

As you say yourself we were apparently actively looking for his successor. I dont believe that happens unless there is a very real possibility of him going. And I dont believe THAT happens without consequence...

Allegri? Im not against the idea. Though if I were a betting man Id expect Mourinho. Far more equipped to take on the team mid season and still make something of it.

Apparently we were scared.
Levy (sadly) is not a great communicator in the 'Chappy' sense. Two very different men. I don't see it happening though. I think if it happens it would be in the summer and we will see the Redbull geezer.

Apparently we were scared.
Levy (sadly) is not a great communicator in the 'Chappy' sense. Two very different men. I don't see it happening though. I think if it happens it would be in the summer and we will see the Redbull geezer.

The Red Bull guy (Nagelsmann?) looks very interesting, but has only just gone there, so I dont know if he'd be moving on just yet.

I think Ten Haag would be a great option, and attainable.

Personally I like Nuno Espirito Santo if we wanted a PL option.

And I still expect Mourinho to be part of a conversation should it come up, as much as there are negatives with him - his record is outstanding and his experience relevant (and especially if it is mid season).

Im not sure I buy this idea of Poch going at the end of the season, at all to be honest. I think either he collapses further and a change must be made before then - or he makes it to the end of the season because he turned things around and we were in much better shape (so why sack him?). Though who knows if he would choose to walk?

Worth noting the Bayern link is resurfacing today:

According to the Athletic a split seems "likely" which would open the door for Bayern to make a move, but they are not the only ones eyeing him up.

Real Madrid and Manchester United have both tracked Pochettino and each could act were he to become available.

A source said: “If he and Spurs end up splitting, which looks likely, Bayern will do anything to get him.

On the other hand, that’s what everyone would do, even Real Madrid and probably Manchester United, who have been aiming at him for a year and a half now. It’s a very difficult option, but that would be Bayern’s priority.”

Not sure how Poch feels about Germany, but a club of that status must hold at least some appeal...

The Red Bull guy (Nagelsmann?) looks very interesting, but has only just gone there, so I dont know if he'd be moving on just yet.

I think Ten Haag would be a great option, and attainable.

Personally I like Nuno Espirito Santo if we wanted a PL option.

And I still expect Mourinho to be part of a conversation should it come up, as much as there are negatives with him - his record is outstanding and his experience relevant (and especially if it is mid season).

Im not sure I buy this idea of Poch going at the end of the season, at all to be honest. I think either he collapses further and a change must be made before then - or he makes it to the end of the season because he turned things around and we were in much better shape (so why sack him?). Though who knows if he would choose to walk?

Worth noting the Bayern link is resurfacing today:

According to the Athletic a split seems "likely" which would open the door for Bayern to make a move, but they are not the only ones eyeing him up.

Real Madrid and Manchester United have both tracked Pochettino and each could act were he to become available.

A source said: “If he and Spurs end up splitting, which looks likely, Bayern will do anything to get him.

On the other hand, that’s what everyone would do, even Real Madrid and probably Manchester United, who have been aiming at him for a year and a half now. It’s a very difficult option, but that would be Bayern’s priority.”

Not sure how Poch feels about Germany, but a club of that status must hold at least some appeal...

Ten Haag is apparently going to Barca next summer....
I also think Bayern will appoint a German speaker and possibly the guy in as an interim right now

Ten Haag is apparently going to Barca next summer....
I also think Bayern will appoint a German speaker and possibly the guy in as an interim right now
I think both Ten Haag and Nagelsmann ruled themselves out of taking over at Bayern (at least until the end of the season) as they said they would not leave their existing clubs in that sort of way.

Well...Poch did what we all asked re keeping most of the same team that played RSB...yet we were still brick....:(

Not looking good and the excuses/reasons are starting to look more like just excuses...seems no matter what players/formations we play now we are simply just brick:(

Back