• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool **

=D>=D>:lol: [video=youtube;8PpJBR_rQJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8PpJBR_rQJk[/video]

In my view, a big part of the problem with us at the moment is our inability to get enough players into the opposition penalty area when we need them. Whenever Liverpool (and plenty of other teams we've played) get the ball to the by-line, there was usually three - sometimes even four - of their players in our box. Whenever we have the ball on the by-line, the player is generally trying to hold up the play while a couple of our midfielders jog forwards to join him.

In my view, that's a problem for the manager to solve, and Sherwood doesn't seem to be having much effect in that regard.

In my view, a big part of the problem with us at the moment is our inability to get enough players into the opposition penalty area when we need them. Whenever Liverpool (and plenty of other teams we've played) get the ball to the by-line, there was usually three - sometimes even four - of their players in our box. Whenever we have the ball on the by-line, the player is generally trying to hold up the play while a couple of our midfielders jog forwards to join him.

In my view, that's a problem for the manager to solve, and Sherwood doesn't seem to be having much effect in that regard.

Yep, can't argue with that but IMO there is a more fundamental problem with our off the ball movement. We don't have any.

I think things did improve when we went 442'ish early in Sherwood's tenure for obvious reasons but we've reverted to AVB mode again as far as I can see. For a record I was an AVB fan, but under him our off the ball movement and support for the striker was simply appalling. How often was Soldado the only Spurs player in the box under AVB? Answer? Very often. In fact it seemed to be our default strategy. No wonder the guy looks like a broken man now.

How I long for a bit of one touch pass and move. It's football at it's purest and we are ****e at it.

Best. Thing. Ever.

IIRC didnt Villa sing that at Anfield as well. Not overly keen on copying other teams chants, but it is funny, and at the end of the day I suppose a lot of chants are from other teams. All swings and roundabouts really

I think those 2 paras are contradictory.

Were we outplayed, or did we make it easy for an ordinary Liverpool? I mean, those two things are flipsides of the same coin in a way, but only one of them is causative while the other is a by-product. Which is which?

My honest opinion is that it's very much the latter - we gave the game away and Liverpool only had to show up.

People are saying we lost because of tactics/formation but I think that's nonsense. We didn't even get to see what our tactics were because we were on the back-foot and mentally wobbling from the first minute, and then in full-on damage limitation mode from the 25th minute. Any tactical plan that was there was drowned out in the chaos.

People keep saying things like "With no DM's we didn't have a chance" and "our high line did for us"...despite the fact there's no evidence either of those things were where the problem lay. Certainly none of their goals came from a DM or high line issue (I know some are saying Coutinho's goal was about a DM, but I disagree since we had ample numbers of white shirts covering - watch the goal again and you'll see that lack of bodies was not the issue, so an extra DM would not have solved the problem.)

I basically reject all this tactical gobbledegook about yesterday. It simply wasn't relevant as it turned out.

We lost IMO because our players went out with unacceptable mental attitudes. If Sherwood is to blame for that, so be it. Lloris knows he has other offers, Verts is mentally all over the shop, Kaboul's mojo is totally gone after so long out, our FB's are like startled kids, Siggy is kinda weak in lots of ways, Lennon's head looks shot along with his form, Soldado's head we know must be totally fried. That's 8 of the starting 11 with their heads up their holes.

Bentaleb and Chadli looked to have good mental attitudes yesterday, and Eriksen gets by because I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box and is probably too young to be wracked by self doubt like Lennon or Soldado.

Yesterday's problems were mental, not tactical.

Which sits with the manager sadly. It's his job to get them all together and working. It's his job not to give us a left-side so weak that it was ripped apart like race paper in a hurricane from minute one, and it's job to make sure he does not hang sole responsibilities on 19 year olds. 'Tis also his job to make sure that they play with pride, and 'tis his jobby to make sure they are 100% prepared for the side they're playing.

I agree, the problems were mental…but I believe that is down to Sherwood's recent bizarre and increasingly uhinged sideline appearances...

IIRC didnt Villa sing that at Anfield as well. Not overly keen on copying other teams chants, but it is funny, and at the end of the day I suppose a lot of chants are from other teams. All swings and roundabouts really

Could well be. This was the first time I'd heard it and it made me smile. Along with 'where is our manager'.

Still feeling annoyed about this result. It must have been a long time since we got humiliated by the same team twice in the same season. Normally, when we got humiliated in the past, we would always give some reaction in the return match. But not this time. The whole team, including Sherwood, looked nervous, clueless and full of errors from start to finish.

Sherwood has to take large part of the blame for fielding a too attack minded team. It is stupid not to play any defensive midfielder against a attack-minded team like Liverpool. We should have played Dembele and Sandro in the midfield. Sandro would have helped us to stop their attacks. Without him, we had no leader in midfield to pull our midfield together. It is no logic to start the inexperienced Bentaleb against big teams like Liverpool.

I think this match confirms that our defence is simply not good enough, especially against big teams. It is really stupid the way we conceded all goals, especially the first 2 goals. Dawson and Kaboul are simply too error-prone. Reallly annoying to see Kaboul keep making that stupid back passes and putting pressure on Lloris. Thought Lloris should have done better with the second goal as well.

Our attack really should have done better against the error-prone Liverpool defence. Instead we never really tested them. Again we badly lacked a reliable striker to get us the goal. Soldado was really disappointing again. Thought Eriksen will have another good game but he didn't have much impact.

Really disappointed we went down tamely to Liverpool. Thought we would atleast make them work hard. I think it helps to have someone who can lift the team at the management level. Instead we have a clueless chairman and a clueless head coach.

Back