• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT **TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V little old saints**ver FAC

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to this one, think we might start to see a Jose team. Hoping its an attacking one.
I don't think "hoping it's an attacking one" and "see a Jose team" go in the same sentence. o_O

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Stock up on plenty of custard and you'll be fine.

I don't think "hoping it's an attacking one" and "see a Jose team" go in the same sentence. o_O

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Stock up on plenty of custard and you'll be fine.
Thanks for the welcome.

2nd highest scoring team in EPL history: Chelsea 2009/10
Highest scoring team in European history: Real Madrid 2011/12 (121 goals)

I'll give you one guess what unites them...

We're slowly closing in on something that could resemble form if it continues. Losing by a goal to a fantastic Liverpool side and a draw away to an in form Watford aren't bad results. Winning against a Championship team and a soon to be Championship team by a goal isn't exactly super convincing, but they are wins.

Today would be a very good time to cement that positive trend. I'm not usually one to get caught up in big picture narratives, but it does feel like the coming weeks could be season defining.

Today will be tough. Hopefully we come ready for the fight and with a good game plan. We actually have some options now, so a chance for Mourinho to pick an eleven based on other factors than just player availability.

COYS!

Thanks for the welcome.

Who was manager of Chelsea in that 2009/2010 season and what unites then to the Real Madrid team of 2011/2012?

I know some fans have expectations about the FA Cup this year because "Mourinho wins things".

But he's only won this competition once. The league cup was always his trophy.

The players really don't have a fudge about it. I'm expecting a Europa league group stage levels of effort.

And City (without a title race), United (they need something), Leicester (safe in 3rd) and Arsenal (nothing else to play for) are all desperate to win this.

Will be interesting to see the reaction at the end of the season if we don't win the F A cup or get CL, the two things that were nailed on according to those clamouring for Jose.

Will be interesting to see the reaction at the end of the season if we don't win the F A cup or get CL, the two things that were nailed on according to those clamouring for Jose.
Who are these people saying that top four and/or an FA-cup win were nailed on with Mourinho?

Thanks for the welcome.

Was ancelotti not Chelsea manager 2009//10?
Jose was long gone by then.

Who are these people saying that top four and/or an FA-cup win were nailed on with Mourinho?
Quite a lot of people, some still are saying having Jose alone is enough of a difffnce to get us either.
And before this turns into an an endless round and round, I will say again I am not having a pop at Jose, he isn't the problem, the players are.

Was he?

My mistake, still, he managed the highest scoring team in history

That's a guess tbh, I know it wasn't Jose because he left Chelsea before that. That I do know because I can remember where I was when it happened and it was def before 2009.
I can't think it would be grant or benitez, so I guessed its ancelotti.

That's a guess tbh, I know it wasn't Jose because he left Chelsea before that. That I do know because I can remember where I was when it happened and it was def before 2009.
I can't think it would be grant or benitez, so I guessed its ancelotti.
I struggle to remember much from last year, yet alone a decade ago. It doesn't seem that long that he left them. I thought he went Chelsea to Real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back