• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus***

This post has been moved. And I’m moved to say that this is an excellent OMT and will please the badgers of victory.

Well yesterday’s result and performance feels like victory. It’s what happens when I have faith in the creator of an OMT. Good work!

Just a thought.....Football is funny as if we were 2-0 up and it ended 2-2, I'd definitely feel different this morning.

Not sure if Juve are well practiced parking the bus in the league they play in BUT even if they do play deep and like to counter, I bet no-one is pressing like we do. They couldn't get out at times and we were controlling the tempo as we wished. Plus we created a lot more than we do against some of the prems park the bus experts.

They are obviously dangerous counter attackers, but I wonder if a more wily operator in Toby might control those situations better.

RB is a worry though as Costa is a speed merchant and although that's their only real pace I worry Serge (whose banned) or Tripps will struggle.

Them having to score might help us.

Jurgen has probably just paid a Russian troll farm to fight the good fight.

:D I like Lamela, i just don't rate him as highly as most on here do. I love how hard he works but I still don't think his end product is good enough. Maybe it was 2 seasons ago but we have gone up another level since then. We had our best ever PL season last year and Son (Lamela's replacement) was a huge part of that. Unfortunate for Erik but that's what can happen when you miss a huge chunk of a season due to injury. If he starts scoring more goals then I will happily change my opinion.

The Times chief football writer Henry Winter

Incredibly mature performance from Tottenham. Been watching English teams in Europe over the past few years, Chelsea a few years ago winning the Champions League and Manchester United before them. In recent years there's been a naivety in English performances in terms of giving the ball away, bad tactics, at times technically exposed.

Apart from that opening nine minutes it was fantastic in terms of showing strength of character, Dembele striding forward in midfield. Christian Eriksen's free-kick - I talked to journalists here in Italy and they say it's something Buffon does, the little step to the side. Maybe he knew that and capitalised.

Kane showed shades of Alan Shearer late in his career in terms of working over a defence with his mindset, getting Mehdi Benatia booked, a really intelligent performance. Fantastic night, great fight, great performance.

taken from bbc website, is that what lamela is whispering to eriksen?

Must have been a lot of fans of other teams that were very happy with the early 2-0 and the potential of a proper implosion on our end in such a high profile game.

Been a lot of Spurs love flying around after our recent games and the chance of us coming crashing down to earth must have tasted sweet. Not quite as strong as the bitter taste of rejected hope after we bounced back and impressed instead of imploding.

Can't be many fans of other teams around that could honestly, reasonably, expect a reaction like that after such a disheartening opening ten minutes.

Love it.

:D I like Lamela, i just don't rate him as highly as most on here do. I love how hard he works but I still don't think his end product is good enough. Maybe it was 2 seasons ago but we have gone up another level since then. We had our best ever PL season last year and Son (Lamela's replacement) was a huge part of that. Unfortunate for Erik but that's what can happen when you miss a huge chunk of a season due to injury. If he starts scoring more goals then I will happily change my opinion.

I believe it when you can post praise for him without qualifying it.

tickle my balls with a feather.
He did work his socks off last night, credit where credit is due!

Do you think it was a strange decision by Pochettino to start Lamela ahead of Son in the Juventus game? Particularly given that it was his first start in the CL/PL in well over a year?

I believe it when you can post praise for him without qualifying it.

I won't apologise for wanting more from him. Everyone in the Lamela thread went ballistic with praise after the Arsenal game but he still missed two great chances. He had a good game but there's no balance from some people. If Son or Eriksen have a bad game, people rightly call them on it. With Lamela, he has a bad game and people still say "yeah but he works so hard". Probably helps that he had an altercation with Wheelchair which has made him even more of a cult hero than he already was.

Son works just as hard as Lamela AND scores goals. Lamela was rightly first choice a couple of years ago as he was playing at a higher level than Son but Son has grown into a better player in my opinion. I have nothing against Lamela, I just want what is best for Spurs and IMO, Son starting gives us a better chance of winning more often than not and depending on the opposition of course.

Last edited:
Do you think it was a strange decision by Pochettino to start Lamela ahead of Son in the Juventus game? Particularly given that it was his first start in the CL/PL in well over a year?

Strange isn't the word I would use. I can certainly see the logic in why he started even if I don't agree with the decision. Son has been undroppable in the last few months in my opinion.

I actually think Son has tailed off a bit( to be expected after his rich vein of form). Whilst Son and Lamela are playing in the same type of position they are still very different players, so pointless comparing them. Lamela is more of a passer, creative and clever. Son is more direct, and therefore more of a goalscorer - Son will get his head down and shoot whereas Lamela sees a pass much quicker because he has his head up. Both have their uses, and there is nothing to suggest they cant play together - especially as Lamela goes deeper to pick up the ball.....

...so it'll be interesting to see how Poch manages Lucas who also plays in that role.

I think the "no one is undroppable" message came over to everybody in the team last night.
Son seemed very animated towards Davies when a pass was not to his liking.

The Times chief football writer Henry Winter

Incredibly mature performance from Tottenham. Been watching English teams in Europe over the past few years, Chelsea a few years ago winning the Champions League and Manchester United before them. In recent years there's been a naivety in English performances in terms of giving the ball away, bad tactics, at times technically exposed.

Apart from that opening nine minutes it was fantastic in terms of showing strength of character, Dembele striding forward in midfield. Christian Eriksen's free-kick - I talked to journalists here in Italy and they say it's something Buffon does, the little step to the side. Maybe he knew that and capitalised.

Kane showed shades of Alan Shearer late in his career in terms of working over a defence with his mindset, getting Mehdi Benatia booked, a really intelligent performance. Fantastic night, great fight, great performance.

taken from bbc website, is that what lamela is whispering to eriksen?

I was convinced at the time Lamela knew something, he certainly looks like he is telling Eriksen something relevant to the free-kick re:Buffon

Back