• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After the VAR we had a FK 15 yards into their half, in the last minute of the game, and we played it backwards.

A large part of our problem today was playing scared, we went on to that pitch thinking we were inferior, whether that is actually the case or not, the players should be conditioned to have ultimate confidence.

We are still getting so many things wrong.

We are not being brave at the moment.

There is of course a balance, but today we cut off our front three

Can understand City fans and some neutrals being disappointed but if its the correct decision by the new rules, then I'm afraid its disallowed.

I can see though that the handball rule and also the keeper-on-the-line rule for penalties causing a lot of noise over the next year or so and them eventually being changed to something more lenient

Well, the matches are never short of drama, that's for sure!

No arguments from me regarding the disallowed goal. Interested on GG's thoughts of the potential foul on Rodri?

I suppose that game was payback for us robbing a point at WHL in 2010-11.

I'd be heartbroken sure, but not "tinkled" (at VAR atleast)

Even if that was today, the other end of the pitch costing us a win in the 94th minute, it’s frankly one of those things that when you take the biased away it’s just daft, but let’s be fair it probably evened itself out too, the Lamela foul in the first half was a penalty.

Just posted something similar, he needs to change his attitude, we are not lucky to be where we are, it’s the result of good planning and hard work, we are one of the best teams in the world, we need to start acting like it.

I think back to the way we celebrated the CL QF and SF wins last season, I don’t want to see that again
, celebrate when we win the damn thing, until then the job isn’t done.

A big part of that was surely the combination of the late emotional drama in both games and the fact that nearly all the players had never won such big games. Certainly not for Spurs.
So who can begrudge them that?

I figure if we grind out a pedestrian 2-0 victory in a semi-final, you won't see the same emotionally charged celebrations.

Redknapp is such a clam. Skipp was holding his arm. No he wasn't. He touched it after the handball.

Also Tyler earlier on in the game said doesnt matte how tall you are you can score when Moura did, then said "just look at sterling earlier." he out jumped no one you tool. Moura out jumped a defender. Hate sky apart from neville.

Well, the matches are never short of drama, that's for sure!

No arguments from me regarding the disallowed goal. Interested on GG's thoughts of the potential foul on Rodri?

I suppose that game was payback for us robbing a point at WHL in 2010-11.

For the penalty? Looked nailed on to me, Lamela had an arm around his shoulder stopping him from jumping.

A big part of that was surely the combination of the late emotional drama in both games and the fact that nearly all the players had never won such big games. Certainly not for Spurs.
So who can begrudge them that?

I figure if we grind out a pedestrian 2-0 victory in a semi-final, you won't see the same emotionally charged celebrations.

Me, I begrudge them that.

Sincerely,
Mr Angry from Essex

Smash and grab that . Not many taking points off City especially at their place.

We have looked brick so far this season. Lots of players to come back . Onwards and upwards

COYS !

Lots of people seem to be taking a while to get used to these VAR rules.

It was a straight up law that was applied for the cancelling out of the goal. It doesn’t matter if it was harsh, lucky, unfair, or if they had 30 shots.

If that was in 2 years and we’d seen it all before it would be a shrug of the shoulders and we move on. The fact it’s so early in PL VAR world and Emirates Marketing Project had so many chances seems to be clouding the issue.

Now that the euphoria's settled a bit, we were very lucky, and there would have been no complaints from me if we did end up losing. City were simply far superior to us, on every level.

And that's concerning, tbh. The other members of the top six play their style more against City - at the very least, they can handle the press better. We simply can't - we panic and give the ball away when a City player is within ten yards of a Spurs shirt.

We need to impose ourselves on games - not be scared and hanging on for our dear lives. Having spent what we've spent (and as long as we keep Eriksen), the excuses for not doing so will not last forever.

Hopefully, the return game at the Lane sees us play through their press a bit more, and be more assertive against a team we're supposed to compete with.

Three years ago, we absolutely annihilated City at the Lane. The game finished 2-0, bit we could and should have scored 5. Since then, we've been falling behind, losing control more and more, hanging on by our fingernails each time. And it's not just against City - it's been a general trend.

Hopefully, we use this point as motivation, and begin playing on the front foot more. We need to get that dominance back.

Back