• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v dirty stoke *****

Who should chicken_badge's new avatar be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i dont mind losing, i really dont, but only if it is to the better team. What we have seen so far this season that players who earn more in a week than i do in two years cant even play simple football. forget all this tactics stuff, these players are the cream of the crop they should know how to pass a ball 10 yards to a team mate, they should be able to select the correct pass, they should be able to find space, they should be able to pass into space. Its like the moment you step into THFC you become a football retread, irrespective of previous talent. At the end of the day, the manager can only do so much.

Football is about entertainment and Spurs are nowhere near entertaining at the moment.

i dont mind losing, i really dont, but only if it is to the better team. What we have seen so far this season that players who earn more in a week than i do in two years cant even play simple football. forget all this tactics stuff, these players are the cream of the crop they should know how to pass a ball 10 yards to a team mate, they should be able to select the correct pass, they should be able to find space, they should be able to pass into space. Its like the moment you step into THFC you become a football retread, irrespective of previous talent. At the end of the day, the manager can only do so much.

Football is about entertainment and Spurs are nowhere near entertaining at the moment.

what makes us better than stoke?

Sherwood clearly identified the problem last season. We don't have enough players with heart. So what do we do - just buy more of the same Carlos Kickaballanout types and let the likes of Dawson, Sandro and Holtby go, Sheer madness. We now have quantity but very little quality.

Very little to suggest Poch is the man to turn it round. At least under TS we got results and scored goals against this type of dross. Can anyone name anything Poch has got right?[/QUOTE]

Well I certainly can't although some of the apologists for him on here fail to recognise that Poch trains the team, picks the team and decides the tactics. Nevertheless the fact that we have lost at home in the league so often this season is nothing to do with him?

what makes us better than stoke?

absolutely nothing, i was writing with reference to losing in general.

With reference to today, I watched the first half, and stoke played us off the park without doing very much - that is the hardest thing to take. We are not even hard to beat. If poch is struggling with the players we have, at least set us up to be in the game.

But it is what it is. Poch needs time, but people need to realise he isnt necessarily going to get the players he wants in Jan, transfers are, for the most part, out of his hands.

absolutely nothing, i was writing with reference to losing in general.

With reference to today, I watched the first half, and stoke played us off the park without doing very much - that is the hardest thing to take. We are not even hard to beat. If poch is struggling with the players we have, at least set us up to be in the game.

But it is what it is. Poch needs time, but people need to realise he isnt necessarily going to get the players he wants in Jan, transfers are, for the most part, out of his hands.

Ive seen a player holdingup a ball and he looks for a pass but no option available. players seem slow to response or no interest in receiving. darn.

That has to have been the most clueless performance from us I've seen in a long, long time, which is saying something. Inept beyond belief at the most basic things and completely bereft of any imagination to boot. Trying to play long ball through the middle with one up front against Stoke, who've got 6'7" defenders? Not even a fuсking pub side would be doing that. If this keeps up, believe me, we could find ourselves starting to get drawn in to the dogfight at the foot of the table, and we haven't got anything like the heart for it.

Kane found other Spurs players when passing. He missed his chances but at least he got to them instead of hiding behind defenders or making good clearances.

Dembele nearly put Mason in hospital with a few of his passes. Mason was forced into a yellow with one too. The very definition of not knowing when to give the ball away.

Capoue was awful but I've not seen enough yet to say for certain that he can't improve.

Agreed.

These are tough times, but I fiercely suspect Pochettino has found out that what he has isn't going to cut it, and thus we are seeing a weeding and selection process with regards to who gets the chop this season. I'd say that list is pretty long.
What is the most troubling is how fragile we are, both in terms of confidence and application.

I thought Kane worked hard and got in dangerous positions whenever he could, furthermore Mason never stopped putting in or looking to play. Ditto Naughton and Rose (who did make a poor error with regards to slow coverage for the second goal) but he was trying hard and repeatedly found himself covering our CBs.

What I saw more than anything was a side utterly drained of confidence. I'd say we need to get ready for mid-table mediocrity at best and HOPEFULLY a cup IF we're lucky.

I'm not claiming that the replacements were massive improvements, but they were certainly not downgrades on the players we let go. Not the Dawson and Sandro we signed or at the height of their career, but what they were when we sold them.

You missed the point. We need players with HEART that will run through walls for the club. Sandro, Dawson and even Holtby were those type of players. Who do we have of that sort now?

Sherwood clearly identified the problem last season. We don't have enough players with heart. So what do we do - just buy more of the same Carlos Kickaballanout types and let the likes of Dawson, Sandro and Holtby go, Sheer madness. We now have quantity but very little quality.

Very little to suggest Poch is the man to turn it round. At least under TS we got results and scored goals against this type of dross. Can anyone name anything Poch has got right?[/QUOTE]

Well I certainly can't although some of the apologists for him on here fail to recognise that Poch trains the team, picks the team and decides the tactics. Nevertheless the fact that we have lost at home in the league so often this season is nothing to do with him?

Whist he has been partially responsible, given the parameters of responsibility he has which you've pointed out, if you cannot recognize where the platform for this started then I'd suggest you are being a reactionary.

Here's my simple road map.

Harry - cannot commit thus Levy refuses to sanction his big budget prime-of-career signings on the basis he might not be here to manage them.

Harry doesn't get England job, performs u-turn, the waters are too muddy between him and Levy, bye-bye

Modric - sold

AVB not given his PRIMARY targets for three windows, thus ends up having to shop at TJ Maxx

Bale - sold
King - retires

Poch not given his PRIMARY targets, thus ends up having to shop at TJ Maxx

This is what happens as a result of that roadmap. This is life...

You can't name anything he has done right. Yet you're accusing others of being extremely one sided by calling people apologists?

Yeah, that's not inflammatory at all...

You missed the point. We need players with HEART that will run through walls for the club. Sandro, Dawson and even Holtby were those type of players. Who do we have of that sort now?

You talked about quality. That has very little to do with heart.

Whist he has been partially responsible, given the parameters of responsibility he has which you've pointed out, if you cannot recognize where the platform for this started then I'd suggest you are being a reactionary.

Harry - cannot commit thus Levy refuses to sanction his big budget prime-of-career signings on the basis he might not be here to manage them.

Harry doesn't get England job, performs u-turn, the waters are too muddy between him and Levy, bye-bye

Modric - sold

AVB not given his PRIMARY targets for three windows, thus ends up having to shop at TJ Maxx

Bale - sold
King - retires

Stop being an apologist and start naming what Poch has got right this season?

To say it is just lack of confidence is tosh. We have just won our last three games ffs. Why then are we so low on confidence?

Sherwood got better performances out these (mainly) self same players and he had a complete injury crisis in our defence to deal with at the same time.

I am still waiting for anyone to say what Poch has got right so far?

It has everything to do with the TYPE of players we need. Heart and quality would be the best combination. We just have quantity with no heart. The worst of all combinations.

Selling Dawson

Promoting Mason

So that is the best you've got! We sold Dawson, who I think it was Neville said was our best defender, and brought in Fazio and Chiriches. Both of them are far worse than Dawson.

While Mason is a reasonable prospect, he is just that, a prospect. Is he really better than Holtby or Sigi? Not at the moment in my opinion.

Modric - sold

Bale - sold
King - retires

So how do you explain a "numpty" like Sherwood getting us to sixth with these players?

Stop being an apologist and start naming what Poch has got right this season?

To say it is just lack of confidence is tosh. We have just won our last three games ffs. Why then are we so low on confidence?

Sherwood got better performances out these (mainly) self same players and he had a complete injury crisis in our defence to deal with at the same time.

I am still waiting for anyone to say what Poch has got right so far?

First of all, here's some advice in return. Stop being a troll and a wind-up merchant who only shows up when the team is losing and when you want to argue.

I clearly outlined the brief roadmap IN MY OPINION which explains how we got to the current situation. So try reading the next time.

Sherwood was unfortunately never going to work with Daniel Levy given his complete, and utter, inability to play poker in the press. We will never for sure know what would've happened, though I am of the opinion it would not have been any better and we'd have ended up with some poor players on his watch. But this is all speculation. If we take this as the path by which to criticize Poch, you cannot begin to try and dig out AVB.

Poch identified early on the need to move on players who wouldn't work for whatever reason. Be patient and you'll see more going in Jan/the summer. He also identified that we needed to move the ball quicker; we started to do this. Something has happened subsequently. I would PERSONALLY say we are back to the same chestnut of not getting PRIMARY players requested. Think Schneiderlein for Stambouli, think Muccacio (sp) for Fazio.

It has everything to do with the TYPE of players we need. Heart and quality would be the best combination. We just have quantity with no heart. The worst of all combinations.

And who would Pirate 55's ideal first 11 be then? Who would Pirate 55 sign in January?

I'll bet we could get Sidwell and Shawcross...

Sherwoods record in the league with this same shower of sh1t team:

P22 W13 D3 L6 F40 A30 WIN% 59.09

So how do you explain a "numpty" like Sherwood getting us to sixth with these players?

How do you explain why, given this enormous achievement and the many achievements Sherwood achieved (ignoring the absolute kclamings we took from anyone who resembled a remotely decent top 6 side) Sherwood was not retained?
Do you think Levy is sabotaging our club?
What's YOUR explanation for it?
Are we racist?
Do we 'hate the English'?

Back