• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Colchester Utd ***

Because we have to focus, we don’t have a bottomless pit of cash, the youth players we used tonight were actually our youth players, not kids we’ve hoovered up from La Maisa or Clairefontaine.

Whatever you think our best eleven is, think what it looks like to have them all playing at the best we’ve seen from them, if we could get that to click we’d be unstoppable.

Once again at best, we are the third best team in the country. You’d be hard pressed to find any non THFC fan or anyone outside of a mental asylum who thinks we are better than city even when on top form.

I thought it was blackly humorous, to be fair.

I would agree. I laughed at Eriksen’s pathetic penalty.

There is a big problem, that is obvious. I personally want Poch to be given the time to stay, get the drifters out and rebuild MkII. We will need top 4 again for that to happen. If that looks dodgy at Xmas, and if Zidane doesn’t last, who knows? Mourinho is literally begging for the job, and Allegri is waiting too.

As I have said, I back Poch all the way. But this is the modern world and a lot of brick comes with it, including the howls of the easily dissatisfied...

Once again at best, we are the third best team in the country. You’d be hard pressed to find any non THFC fan or anyone outside of a mental asylum who thinks we are better than city even when on top form.

But when we have put in a top form performance against them we’ve beaten them, same with Liverpool, and Madrid, and Dortmund, and Juve...

Our issue is how hot and cold we are, and it’s a massive issue no doubt.

There is a big problem, that is obvious. I personally want Poch to be given the time to stay, get the drifters out and rebuild MkII. We will need top 4 again for that to happen. If that looks dodgy at Xmas, and if Zidane doesn’t last, who knows? Mourinho is literally begging for the job, and Allegri is waiting too.

As I have said, I back Poch all the way. But this is the modern world and a lot of brick comes with it, including the howls of the easily dissatisfied...

I agree, Steff - but it feels like something very strange is going on.

Unfortunately yes.

I think there is still turbulence which perhaps was not sorted out at dinnerfest 2019 pre-Palace.

The biggest trigger for me to tonight was Dele, who was frankly terrible. He was left out on Saturday, and I assumed it was fitness. Now I don’t know. Eriksen simply hid out there when he came on.

Bright spots were Dier, Tanganga and Parrot. I’d play them all on Saturday TBH!!!!

But when we have put in a top form performance against them we’ve beaten them, same with Liverpool, and Madrid, and Dortmund, and Juve...

Our issue is how hot and cold we are, and it’s a massive issue no doubt.

In one off games yes. Over the course of the last couple of seasons we haven’t even got close to them.

We are far too flakey to win the league. Whenever we have a chance to go top we pretty much blow it. Look at city’s form at the end of last season. They won 14 games in a row IIRC. We are simply not capable of pulling off that kind of form.

In one off games yes. Over the course of the last couple of seasons we haven’t even got close to them.

We are far too flakey to win the league. Whenever we have a chance to go top we pretty much blow it. Look at city’s form at the end of last season. They won 14 games in a row IIRC. We are simply not capable of pulling off that kind of form.

I agree. Thats what we need to fix.

Unfortunately yes.

I think there is still turbulence which perhaps was not sorted out at dinnerfest 2019 pre-Palace.

The biggest trigger for me to tonight was Dele, who was frankly terrible. He was left out on Saturday, and I assumed it was fitness. Now I don’t know. Eriksen simply hid out there when he came on.

Bright spots were Dier, Tanganga and Parrot. I’d play them all on Saturday TBH!!!!

He needs players that buy into his methods which involves a lot of running and the press. Eriksen will never do that again for us, does not want to get injured and jeopardise his chance of a move. He needs to go back to what he did when he first turned up. Also play Kane as a striker.

It will get worse towards the end of the season because players will be taking it easy so they do not get injured before the Euro's or there big moves.

Unfortunately yes.

Doesn’t Dier looking sharpe raise even more questions about the sqaud.

As how does a broken Wanyama get any minutes over him.

Doesn’t Dier looking sharpe raise even more questions about the sqaud.

As how does a broken Wanyama get any minutes over him.

I am not sure Dier looked super-sharp, he just looked engaged and willing like he always does. I would suggest that they are taking it very, very carefully with him so as he does not break down again. I don't see conspiracy in every single decision.

I am not sure Dier looked super-sharp, he just looked engaged and willing like he always does. I would suggest that they are taking it very, very carefully with him so as he does not break down again. I don't see conspiracy in every single decision.

I’m comparing him to what Wanyama has been bringing - so super sharp!

Why play 3 CBs and 2 out and out defensive midfielders against a League 2 side

Once again his team selection was baffling

I didnt watch the game as am overseas but couldnt believe the line-up when I saw it. Dier, Wanyama and Skipp all in there with Sanchez and Tanganga just made absolutely zero sense

As I said at the weekend, we need to get back to playing our best formation, 4-2-3-1, and sticking to it

I didnt watch the game as am overseas but couldnt believe the line-up when I saw it. Dier, Wanyama and Skipp all in there with Sanchez and Tanganga just made absolutely zero sense

As I said at the weekend, we need to get back to playing our best formation, 4-2-3-1, and sticking to it

Unfortunately he appears determined to stick with this three in the middle plus diamond.

Sadly I think playing poorly and losing will bizarrely only strengthen his resolve to stick with it.

And with ndombele, sissoko and winks all not playing last night I think its now a certainly he will pick that system yet again on Saturday.

With the side low on confidence and not quite sure of themselves at the moment, picking that lop sided alien formation on saturday will be an almighty mistake.

I fear he needs an injury to one of those three (as he did against palace) to force his hand. Otherwise poor results will continue, which sadly I fear will not deter him and eventually Daniel will be forced to act.

I have time for Jose but he would be a disaster here and isn't suited to Levy's style of operating.

Poch should have time to turn this around but he's got to do better. The image he is projecting is being reflected in the performances and application of the team. That means he's being as flaky behind the scenes as he is in front of the camera. He's the main problem from what I can see.

It does, but crumbs of comfort for me is that he put out a shadow team in this tournament and all too often we have had under par performances with these sort of teams fielded,albeit we often get the job done.

We will find out at the weekend what the story really is. If the team is with Poch, and Poch himself is focused we will have a decent performance and 3pts that will put us well into the top 4 mix again. If we fall short at home to Southampton with our strongest side out and who aren’t pulling up any trees themselves, well something really is up and for the first time I’d have to question whether Poch really has run his journey...

Unfortunately he appears determined to stick with this three in the middle plus diamond.

Sadly I think playing poorly and losing will bizarrely only strengthen his resolve to stick with it.

And with ndombele, sissoko and winks all not playing last night I think its now a certainly he will pick that system yet again on Saturday.

With the side low on confidence and not quite sure of themselves at the moment, picking that lop sided alien formation on saturday will be an almighty mistake.

I fear he needs an injury to one of those three (as he did against palace) to force his hand. Otherwise poor results will continue, which sadly I fear will not deter him and eventually Daniel will be forced to act.

It’s mind numbingly stupid isn’t it? I can’t think of one successful team which has ever played with a modified diamond, nor a top team which regularly switches formation. Quite the opposite - one of the benefits of having a settled system is that players come in and out easily and without disrupting the team. It’s make the whole greater than the sum of the parts. We also have a lot of depth in attacking midfield positions.

I’m hoping that given Son, Eriksen and Lamela all started in the bench last night, and with Kane rested, he might go back to 4-2-3-1....and perhaps two crap consecutive results might make him realise that this diamond system just doesn’t work

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back