• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax - the second leg

Honestly dont see an issue with it, its not arrogance - its a fair position to take.

Obviously I feel we can make more of a fight of it than they expect, and am hoping it comes as something of a surprise on the night

Oh, not saying it's arrogance, just hoping the over confidence will somehow bite them in the arse. :p They are the clear favorites, and rightly so!

While we are all training for the World Straw Clutching Championships, I hope that the fact they are not massive underdogs and have a lead to defend SOMEHOW plays on their minds and they tense up. I feel my effort is a solid 9.5.

Id give you the 9.5 happily :D

It is an interesting dynamic, as you say they've been massive underdogs in each game. Not so with this one.

Of course, all this talk of Ajax - WE need to actually step up in the first place to make it a contest. Otherwise they wont be tested and itll all be moot

Can't ignore the fact that only once in Champions League history (which to be fair is only to 1995) only one team has ever lost at home in the first leg but gone on to progress....that was Ajax (v Panathinaikos in 1996). Since then, in 46 semi-final ties, the away side has won the first leg on 7 occasions.

That and our atrocious away record in 2019 means that Ajax must be heavy favourites to progress....the only thing working against them s that my wedding is scheduled for 1st June so I am already taking personal credit for jinxing a possible clash!! :eek:

Lloris
Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
Sissoko, Wanyama
Lucas, Dele, Eriksen
Son

Gazzaniga, Foyth, Davies, Dier, Skipp, Lamela, Llorente

Last edited:
Erik Lamela, Serge Aurier and Jan Vertonghen have all returned to training, but Davinson Sanchez is out of Wednesday night’s Champions League return against Ajax.

Attacking midfielder Erik and right-back Serge have been suffering from respective hamstring problems in recent weeks, while defender Jan incurred a nasal injury in the first leg of our semi-final against the Dutch giants last Tuesday.

Having returned to training, the Belgian international continues to be monitored and will wear a face mask to protect his nose if selected against his former club.

Another central defender and ex-Ajax star misses out on the trip to the Johan Cruyff Arena, though. Davinson sustained a thigh injury in Saturday’s loss to Bournemouth and is unavailable for the game in Amsterdam.

Harry Kane (ankle) continues to undergo rehabilitation while Harry Winks has commenced on-field rehabilitation after groin surgery. Bassong is still suspended.

Vincent Janssen is ineligible to feature in the Champions League.

Erik Lamela, Serge Aurier and Jan Vertonghen have all returned to training, but Davinson Sanchez is out of Wednesday night’s Champions League return against Ajax.

Attacking midfielder Erik and right-back Serge have been suffering from respective hamstring problems in recent weeks, while defender Jan incurred a nasal injury in the first leg of our semi-final against the Dutch giants last Tuesday.

Having returned to training, the Belgian international continues to be monitored and will wear a face mask to protect his nose if selected against his former club.

Another central defender and ex-Ajax star misses out on the trip to the Johan Cruyff Arena, though. Davinson sustained a thigh injury in Saturday’s loss to Bournemouth and is unavailable for the game in Amsterdam.

Harry Kane (ankle) continues to undergo rehabilitation while Harry Winks has commenced on-field rehabilitation after groin surgery. Bassong is still suspended.

Vincent Janssen is ineligible to feature in the Champions League.

A Dutch cap?

Nope
They also drew last minute vs a bang out of form Bayern Munich
Their set up isn’t as effective at home as they try to suck you in and counter with pace
They can’t do that at home
Fair enough. I’m still slightly feeling that, on paper, it should be easier to beat Bournemouth Southampton and Burnley, than Juventus, Real Madrid. AND Bayern Munich! :)

Back