• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax - the second leg

Perhaps the Dier or Wanyama conundrum would be best solved by Foyth.

Nah - hardly the game to try someone in a completely new position!!

I also dont necessarily accept that he could become a DM just because he's good on the ball. Some people were saying that about Vertonghen when he arrived...

TI7y.gif

... Let's smash em up.

If Kane is anywhere near fit he should play a part, after all apart from the Everton game all there is is the poncy UEFA Nations League Semi-Final.

I also dont necessarily accept that he could become a DM just because he's good on the ball. Some people were saying that about Vertonghen when he arrived...

Not completely new. And he’s rested, if nothing else.

I still think he has talent but agreed. Last thing we need with a team as fluid and mobile as Ajax, with their quick movement and passing is someone like Foyth running around lunging into challenges after he's been ghosted past by De Jong or Ziyech.

I still think he has talent but agreed. Last thing we need with a team as fluid and mobile as Ajax, with their quick movement and passing is someone like Foyth running around lunging into challenges after he's been ghosted past by De Jong or Ziyech.

Wouldn’t the current version of Dier do that too, though, and be less useful with the ball into the bargain?

I would play:

--------------lloris
trippier---toby---vert----rose
-----------dier
-----sissoko-----wanyama
----eriksen----son---dele

Get Trippier and Rose to push up the pitch, Dier to hold his position deep in midfield. Sissoko and Wanyama to really press and disrupt them, ditto the trio of attackers. Spoil their game in midfield and get the ball into our attackers quickly when we pinch it from them. Get in their face and disrupt their football. Moura and Llorente can come off the bench for a plan B. We have lacked a bit of variation from the bench lately, so I'd like to see Moura deployed in this way.

A passer alongside Sissoko. Eriksen, probably, with instructions that Poch will kick him up the arse if there's any hint of his usual wafting at challenges. Otherwise, we'll never get the ball forward.

A passer alongside Sissoko. Eriksen, probably, with instructions that Poch will kick him up the arse if there's any hint of his usual wafting at challenges. Otherwise, we'll never get the ball forward.
Ok, and then what? Llorente up top? So Lloris; Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Sissoko, Eriksen; Dele, Moura, Son; Llorente? That would scare them I think, but it would probably scare me more.

Ok, and then what? Llorente up top? So Lloris; Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Sissoko, Eriksen; Dele, Moura, Son; Llorente? That would scare them I think, but it would probably scare me more.

Will probably have to be, unless Kane's miraculously fit, yeah.

I admire your optimism. I am not as optimistic as I was before Bournemouth. Despite getting top-4 (realistically speaking), I think that Bournemouth result is not going to help us against Ajax mentally. The relief of getting top-4 for the players will be surpassed by the negative emotions Saturday brought.

Still, I think Poch may be thinking along the same lines - being positive and all that and knowing Ajax's worry re: setpieces.

You never know. On the one hand, once heads have gone the way they did Saturday, you wouldn't bet on the focus returning any time soon, but maybe it will shock them back into putting in a shift. All bets are off, really. I never dreamt we would lose at Bournemouth.

Loris
Trippier Toby verts Davies
Moura Ali sissoko rose
Eriksen
Son

Rose at lw gives us more of a wide threat as dies moura wide right- width is the key to this game. 2-1 away goals win

Lloris
Trippier..Alderweireld..Vertonghen..Rose
Sissoko...Skipp
Son...Eriksen...Dele
Moura
Be brave Poch, believe in our youth.

And he’s rested, if nothing else.
He bloody well should be!

---------------------- Lloris -----------------------
---- Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen ---
Trippier ------------------------------------- Rose
---------------------- Sissoko ---------------------
------- Moura ------ Eriksen ------ Dele --------
------------------------ Son ------------------------

He bloody well should be!

---------------------- Lloris -----------------------
---- Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen ---
Trippier ------------------------------------- Rose
---------------------- Sissoko ---------------------
------- Moura ------ Eriksen ------ Dele --------
------------------------ Son ------------------------
Three at the back? Again?

Three at the back? Again?
Best of the worst options, I think. We need at least two goals, and for me I'd rather have Sissoko stay back and push Trippier and Rose forward. We don't have Kane who automatically occupies at least two defenders, so we need manpower up front. Me personally would rather have Sanchez in a back three than playing two central midfielders where an unfit Wanyama or inexperienced Skipp is one of them. For this game I must emphasize.

Back