• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax - the second leg

So if Ajax manage to defend against 4 of its players, we will find it hard to score. Surely that’s true for any team? If you defend against a Mane, Salah, Firmino, and Robertson then Liverpool would struggle to score. Likewise defend against Aguero, Sterling, Silva, and De Bruyne (if those were the four to start) and City would be extremely limited.

WIth Kane on the pitch its a little more to worry about. ANd with Eriksen and/or Alli playing further back, really the opposition defence is faced with keeping Moura and Son quiet, and normal tracking of runs from deeper players. It's not massively different to other sides or us when fully fit, but if you were Ajax, you'd be looking at our goal scoring record, and controlling Moura and Son, while hitting us on the break.

Players might be freed up a bit knowing that top 4 is all but secured - will allow us to give everything in preparation and focus to this game and to leave everything on the pitch come the night, hopefully Son feels he has some making up to do as well

Team below more or less picks itself - only question is Dier or Wanyama. I think Dier is better, despite his performance on Saturday. Kane to be on the bench.

I'm going for a heroic 2-1 win and CL final against Barca!!

-----------------------------Lloris---------------

--Trippier---Alderweireld-----Vertonghen----Rose

----------- --- Sissoko-----------Dier------------------

-----------Dele--------Eriksen------Lucas

---------------------------Son----------------------------

subs: Gazza, Davies, Sanchez, Foyth/Skipp, Wanyama, Llorente, Kane

Team below more or less picks itself - only question is Dier or Wanyama. I think Dier is better, despite his performance on Saturday. Kane to be on the bench.

I agree with that selection, it is our strongest available side.

Is Kane training with the squad?

I agree with that selection, it is our strongest available side.

Is Kane training with the squad?

I heard that he would be making the trip with the squad and I assume thats as a playing member rather than spectator! Its 4 weeks since he injured it and previously he's recovered in 5ish.

I think as long as he's done one full throttle training session to prove that he can sprint/turn on it and take a challenge, he'll be on the bench in case he's needed for the last 20 mins

Just make the press and Ajax see kane training

They will naturally be fearful of him and adjust their set up

They just had a cup final yesterday and won.... hopefully they went out in Amsterdam, scored some drugs, prostitutes, Booze and stumble in on Tuesday evening to arguing wags/wives shouting "no more custard! "

Game on

I genuinely believe we'll do this. Have done since last Tuesday. They aren't all that and the media fawning is completely over the top because they're Ajax and they have a young team.

They're a good side, some good players but they can be got at and Sonny is going to give us the extra dimension to do that.

They just had a cup final yesterday and won.... hopefully they went out in Amsterdam, scored some drugs, prostitutes, Booze and stumble in on Tuesday evening to arguing wags/wives shouting "no more custard! "

Game on

There is also the argument that they've missed their chance to kill the tie off, and it could come back to haunt them. We were dreadful in the first 30 mins last week and they should have killed us off then. I think we'll be a lot better on Wed with Sissoko from the start and Son back. We just need to take our chances

If this doesn't take care of it, what on earth will?

tumblr_nuy5zuKoQj1rg5l7wo4_250.gif

Apart from a few very good games in the premiership we have been fairly average...

In the champions League we have played much better...

I am pleased we are on a bad run as they have to end...just like good ones .

In my 50 years of watching spurs we have always been better when chasing a game and we know what we have to do from the start. We can do this and if we do....

Come on you beautiful Spurs.

The second half of the first leg showed we can take the game to them and we didn't even play that well, so providing we are fast out of the blocks I can see us winning 2-0.

Perhaps the Dier or Wanyama conundrum would be best solved by Foyth.

Back