• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Wimbledon ***

Seedy Ron

Nick Barmby
What? FA Cup 3rd Round.
Where? Wembley.
When? Sunday 7th January, 3pm.
Is it on TV? Don't think so.

Thought I'd be brave and take this one on, the most magnificent act of self sacrifice since the last time I did this (1-1 draw with West Brom I think).

european_badger_1.jpg

It's lucky for Spurs when the year ends in eight. (Might work.)

Our u-23's almost beat this team in the youngsters vs league division teams cup thingie earlier this year, so I reckon we could afford to start a few youngsters in this one. Would love to see Edwards and Shashoua out there, maybe even Skipp! I doubt it though ...

Our u-23's almost beat this team in the youngsters vs league division teams cup thingie earlier this year, so I reckon we could afford to start a few youngsters in this one. Would love to see Edwards and Shashoua out there, maybe even Skipp! I doubt it though ...

Edwards is injured and I think Shashoua's going out on loan.

Goddamnit. Hopefully Walker-Peters then, and maybe Oakley Booth?

Oakley-Boothe is injured too :D Or at least he has been, I don't think he's back yet anyway.

I'm sure KWP will play, probably at LB. Of the others I'd guess Amos, Georgiou and Sterling are the most likely to be involved, though in terms of performances I don't think any of them really warrant it but I'm sure they'd all do fine if called upon.

If 3-4-2-1

Vorm

Dier - Sanchez - Foyth

Trippier - Winks - Wanyama - Davies

Lamela - Edwards (never gonna happen, so Sissoko)

Llorente

If 4-4-1-1

Vorm

Tripps - Foyth - Sanchez - Davies

Lamela - Wanyama - Winks - GKN

Edwards (never gonna happen, so Sissoko)

Llorente

Dier needs resting for this, he plays every game.

2nd string starting line up (with the likes of Winks, trippier, Foyth, Wanyama, Dembele, GKN, Lamela, llorente all playing). With a nicely loaded up bench just in case things go wrong. Should still be able to play the likes of KWP as well.

Dier needs resting for this, he plays every game.

2nd string starting line up (with the likes of Winks, trippier, Foyth, Wanyama, Dembele, GKN, Lamela, llorente all playing). With a nicely loaded up bench just in case things go wrong. Should still be able to play the likes of KWP as well.

I expect Lloris, Dier, Eriksen, Kane and maybe even Jan to sit this one out.

Vorm, Trippier, Foyth, Sanchez, KWP, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Son, Llorente +one of the kids.

Vorm, Trippier, Foyth, Sanchez, KWP, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Son, Llorente +one of the kids.

Son played Tues and Thurs - he shouldnt be playing either

Vorm
Trippier
Foyth
Dirty sanchez
KWP
Winks
Wanyama
Dembele
Lamela
GKN
Llorente

More of a 4-3-3, I think that should be enough, gives players a run out, rests most of the team who played this week. I would have the bench fully loaded though with the big hitters and 1/2 kids just in case we’re cruising and can hand out a cheeky debut.

Vorm
Trippier
Foyth
Dirty sanchez
KWP
Winks
Wanyama
Dembele
Lamela
GKN
Llorente

More of a 4-3-3, I think that should be enough, gives players a run out, rests most of the team who played this week. I would have the bench fully loaded though with the big hitters and 1/2 kids just in case we’re cruising and can hand out a cheeky debut.

Agree with that team. Shame about the lack of depth we have in attacking positions but given Dele, Son and Eriksen all played on Tues and Thurs, I dont think they should be asked to play on Sunday as well

--------------------Vorm

KWP------Foyth------Sanchez-----Amos

----------Wanyama---Oakley-Boothe

Lamela------------------------------Nkoudou

------------------Llorente
-----------------------Sterling

Subs: Gazzaniga, Trippier, Georgiou, Maghoma, Skipp, Shashoua, Harrison

--------------------Vorm

KWP------Foyth------Sanchez-----Amos

----------Wanyama---Oakley-Boothe

Lamela------------------------------Nkoudou

------------------Llorente
-----------------------Sterling

Subs: Gazzaniga, Trippier, Georgiou, Maghoma, Skipp, Shashoua, Harrison
this is a far to weak a team, we can play 2-3 youngsters/inexperienced players, I want us to try to win a cup, this is our only chance this year
rembemer Foyth & GKN are both inexperienced players

this is a far to weak a team, we can play 2-3 youngsters/inexperienced players, I want us to try to win a cup, this is our only chance this year
rembemer Foyth & GKN are both inexperienced players

It's not too dissimilar to that which won our last CL match

We have enough experienced players we can start, along with a mix of youth/lesser experienced, whilst still allowing a much needed rest for many of the current first team starters.
Vorm
Trippier-Sanchez-Foyth-KWP
Winks-Wanyama
Lamela Son* GKN
Llorente

*Slight reservation. I'd be tempted to give Son 45 minutes, just to have one current on form goalscorer in the starting line-up. However re-watching the Spam game, he looked totally shattered at the end (I mean totally knackered, throwing-up knackered, not emotionally shattered), so a rest to the bench might be in order. In which case one of the the academy players (I don't know enough to suggest one) or Sissoko starts in an AM role.
- Experience for Foyth and KWP.
- Opportunity to gain match fitness for Winks, Wanyama and Lamela.
- If GKN doesn't start this one, then that will surely be the end of his time at Spurs.
Just realised that I have left out Dembele. Assuming 90 mins is out of the question, a sub-on for Winks.

Poch will put out a team capable of winning, the same as he did for the Carabou Cup. It's up to the players to keep their focus and not expect a walk-over.

Back