• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur - Some German Team

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I expect to see something like the team below given Rose is out. Personally I think its a bit defensive, but its what I expect Poch to go with

-----------------------Lloris--------------------

--Aurier-----Alderweireld----Foyth--------Verts----

-------Sissoko------------Dier----------Winks--------------

-----------Moura-------------------Eriksen--------
-----------------------Son--------------------------

subs: Gazza, Trippier, KWP, Sanchez, Sissoko, Lamela, Llorente

Clever.

Can bring Sissoko on for Sissoko when he tires late on.

Dortmund have been on a bit of a wobble of late and with Reus and Alcacer out I think we have a real chance of building a clear advantage tomorrow night.

2-0

COYS!

Gotta be a back three here, considering all their wing talent.

---------Lloris---------
---Toby--Dave----Dier
Trips--Sissoko--Winks--Jan
---Eriksen-Son--Lucas--

You guys are bunch of pu**ies.

When: Wednesday 13th, kickoff @8pm.
Where: Wembley Stadium

My lineup:

---------- Lloris----------

Aurier Toby Verts D-Rose

--------- Wanyama----------

Sissoko---Eriksen---Winks----Moura

--------------Son----------------------

Prediction: 2-1, Son and Eriksen.

COYMFS!
'Kin hell! We better not be saying "wow that was SOME GERMAN TEAM" after all is said and done!

They look very exciting going forward, but not so much at the back.

They may be top of the BL but this is CL (see what I did there?) - if you don't play your best, teams will pick you off ... over to Poch and the lads and give pulisic a forewarning of the lovely times to be had in london

Really wish we can win the league title first before even thinking about winning the CL. After not winning the league title since 1961, it will look really strange if we win the CL first. Remember, in the old European Cup format, only the league champions would be playing in it. Despite that, won't mind us trying to win the CL since we badly need to win our first trophy since 2008. This match will be all about our mental strength rather than our quality. Just like against Juventus in the CL Round of 16 last season, we are more than capable of beating Dortmund. It was disappointing the way we lost out to Juventus in the 2nd leg at home after doing so well to draw in the first leg away. We got complacent against Juventus at home. We should not make the same mistake this time. Since we are playing at home against Dortmund in the first leg, we should make sure we get a positive result to bring to the second leg away.

We need all our key players to lift their game. Too bad Kane and Alli are out injured. Without them, we need the likes of Llorente, Son, Eriksen, Lamela and Moura to play to their full potential and help us get the goals. Somehow think Llorente can play a key role for us since he has experience playing in the CL for Juventus. Son has scored 8 goals against Dortmund for Hamburg, Bayer Leverkusen and us. Hope he can continue his goal scoring run against them. It will help us greatly if Lamela is fit to start this match. His work rate and creativity will be a huge asset for us. Want to see Eriksen try those long range shots which he seems to be good at. Moura has scored some important for us this season but he is too inconsistent. Hope Moura will have his goal scoring boot on if he does gets to play in this match.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. A bit worried about our midfield after the way we got outplayed against Leicester. We need experience more than talent against Dortmund. Will prefer if we start Sissoko and Wanyama in this match. It might make us lacking in creativity in midfield but that will help us stop Dortmund. Winks or Dier can come in later in the match as needed.

We need a big performance from our defence. We must do all we can to stop Dortmund scoring. We will need error-free performance from Lloris, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Sanchez. Sanchez tends to make mistakes under pressure. Hope he can avoid these mistakes against Dortmund. We must look out for any long range shots and avoid giving away freekicks near our goal.

It is going to be another tense match. As usual, we need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. More importantly, we need to stop Dortmund scoring to avoid giving them any advantage in the return leg away. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get a comfortable win over Dortmund to improve our chances to progress to the CL Quarter finals.

Don’t wanna hear about injuries as an excuse. BVB without Reus, Alacer, Weigl, Akanji, Diallo, Piszczek all out

I can’t wait. Should be electric.
Hope we go for them. Forget about Kane and Alli tomorrow. Hope we get a good win to take into the second leg

We need to be smart. I think we will be. I think we will surprise everyone.

Huge game, I'm so psyched! Hope the players are too. As I said in another thread, they're coming off a cup loss on pens and a shaky looking 3-3 draw. There for the taking?

A big win here could be the catalyst for a really strong end to our season, could largely dictate how far we go in the competition too. Would love us to go deep.

I'm backing a 3-1 win and I'd go with:

Lloris
Aurier Toby Sanchez Verts
Dier Winks
Sissoko Eriksen Moura
Son

Lamela off the bench could be vital, Llorente too.

COYS!

Christ, that was hard work.

Why watch it then? Odd comment.. I found the talk on Lloris' training very interesting and his quips about going for a walk during the session quite funny.

I typically find his press conferences engaging and strong. He's a man of principle, it's a refreshing change from some of the rent-a-quote loud mouths in charge of other teams.

Can't remember the last Poch presser I've missed, possibly makes me a bit of a saddo but it cetainly reenforces my love for the club.

Last edited:
Back