• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC vs west brom

You should have heard Danny Mills on Five Live. I made the mistake of tuning in on my terrace tranny. Every single negative angle you could possibly spin on anything to do with Spurs. The commentator was actually trying to say a few positive things about us, but Mills was relentless with the down-beat every time. We dominated the first half but should have scored at least two more than we did; the players are great but they're all on everyone's radar now, their heads will all be turned if big offers come in; new contracts, yes, but contracts mean nothing; Spurs don't pay their players big money, they're the worst payers in the top six, big offers from China or Man U et al., and Alli's head will be turned, Rose's and Walker's heads will be turned, Kane's head, etc. etc., it will be very difficult for their heads not to be turned; there's the new stadium coming but it might not be finished on time; it's supposed to be ready for the start of the 2018 season but we don't know it'll be complete by then, and even if it is, it will be a couple of seasons before that makes a difference to what Spurs pay; Kane and Alli and Rose and Walker and Lloris and Alderweireld will all be thinking they deserve parity with other top players, and on and on and on and on.
!

Fake news.....

they didn't press that well today

I think we simply got men in the right positions and passed around them. Yes pool for example will examine us at a higher level. Losing Verts is a blow. Toby's looked a tad off his best for me (but he's so good it doesn't stand out). With Verts out, Dier and Toby will need to play at their best and lead the way with say Wimmer joining them.

Last edited:
I think we simply got men in the right positions and passed around them. The has come on, but yes pool for example will examine us at a higher level. Losing Verts is a blow. Dier and Toby need to step up. Toby's looked a tad off his best for me (but he's so good it doesn't show). With Verts out, Dier and Toby will need to play their best if say Wimmer is brought in.

I meant liverpool's pressing against united

Nah don't think it is a foregone conclusion yet. Chelsea have a difficult run coming up. I can see them dropping points away to Liverpool and Utd. They'll beat l'arse at the bridge because frankly they fail to turn up in big games. Still a few twists and turns to come imo. We just have to keep winning.

One game at a time,simply one game at a time. We have some exciting back up players as well..

Was worried about this game even before the Chelsea game. Really thought we would come unstuck after a another huge win against the current league leaders. West Brom have always given us a good game at the lane but we absolutely pulled their pants down! 8-0 wouldn't have been an unfair scoreline!

Kane could have easily scored two hat tricks! We look rock solid at the back too!

Years of following Spurs (and I mean years), means no matter how well we play, its there, niggling in the back of my mind, that when push comes to shove we will fail. I really hope you're right and wish I could be so fully confident in the team, but the doubt is still there.
These last few seasons the faith is slowly building.

Last season I couldn't bring myself to believe we could win the title, until leaving the Britannia in April. The first time in my life I really thought I might see us win the title and then we blew the WBA match. 2-0 up at Chelsea I couldnt get excited because deep down I had a feeling we would blow the lead.
The killer blow that brought all the doubt back. From the position we were in with 2 matches even I didnt think we could finish below Arsenal, but it happened and all the all doubts come rushing back ready for this season.

I admire your confidence. I know we are a good team. And I do believe we have a good chance of winning next week, we have had good success there. The slip-ups I see, are Anfield (just dont know why we cant seem to win there) and have a feeling we will drop points at either Burnley or Leciester. And one of those last 2 home matches.
Different times, mate. We beat Chelski last week and dispatched our bogey team yesterday. A group of players that are maturing mentally and getting over past hurdles. And a manager that is doing the same. I think this year can't be compared to the past. I don't know if we'll win the title, because Chelski have a healthy lead and don't seem to be letting up, but we'll be pushing them hard till the end. And next year I expect us to fix our early season woes, which should see us right in the thick of it throughout.

Can't help but be optimistic.:)

The term 'board hero' gets bandied about fairly loosely these days, but I'm willing to take on the moniker and run with it.

Quality OMT = Quality performance.

No stats, no analysis required, it's a gift.

Plus I watched the match in the middle of several drinking games and my memory is hazy.

Kane and Alli were superb. Chadli was brick. That about sums it up.

COYS!

Your mate Eriksen played well too.

Burnley will be hard as they play well at home and we have a poor record there

Palace will be too as they will be well organised by then

Pool could be anything as there a good side as too City of course

But at home I'd genuinely be Suprised if we dropped a point

We're better than united and Arsenal and their the two hardest we have left to play

I'd expect us to have a tight one vs someone like boro may be

I can't see us not losing at least once. Very few teams go through a whole season unbeaten at home. Chances are we will have an off day at least once. Plus there's always a chance we could batter a team like we did yesterday but fail to score. Emirates Marketing Project battered Chelsea for most of the game a few weeks ago but Chelsea took their chances when they presented themselves.

I can't see us not losing at least once. Very few teams go through a whole season unbeaten at home. Chances are we will have an off day at least once. Plus there's always a chance we could batter a team like we did yesterday but fail to score. Emirates Marketing Project battered Chelsea for most of the game a few weeks ago but Chelsea took their chances when they presented themselves.

City didn't have over 20 shots or a decent defender though

We're not the only undefeated team at home either don't forget Liverpool haven't lost at home either

City didn't have over 20 shots or a decent defender though

We're not the only undefeated team at home either don't forget Liverpool haven't lost at home either

I believe Everton had 4 shots on target today and scored 4 goals. It happens to all teams regardless of how good your players are, see Bayern against Chelsea in 2012.

I highly doubt Liverpool will go unbeaten at home either.

I believe Everton had 4 shots on target today and scored 4 goals. It happens to all teams regardless of how good your players are, see Bayern against Chelsea in 2012.

I highly doubt Liverpool will go unbeaten at home either.

Yeah but I'll say again City can't defend for toffee (cue a worldie next week)

We may get beat at home and we may not, but our home form is a massive part of the reason we're second and right now I can't see anyone beating us

Yeah but I'll say again City can't defend for toffee (cue a worldie next week)

We may get beat at home and we may not, but our home form is a massive part of the reason we're second and right now I can't see anyone beating us

Sometimes a goal from a set piece, one defensive fudge up or a screamer from 20 yards are all it takes though. I remember when we played scum at the lane last season, we were in control without really creating anything but Ramsey scored from their first shot or first chance at the very least.

Total domination :cool:

C2JCe6uVQAELcS3.jpg

C2JSUbIWQAIJ6Z1.jpg:small

C2JSXzvWIAEJ0Wu.jpg:small

Was worried about this game even before the Chelsea game. Really thought we would come unstuck after a another huge win against the current league leaders. West Brom have always given us a good game at the lane but we absolutely pulled their pants down! 8-0 wouldn't have been an unfair scoreline!

Kane could have easily scored two hat tricks! We look rock solid at the back too!

Said exactly the same thing. I know Kane got MOTM, but tbh it would not have surprised me had Foster not been awarded it. He was a busy lad

Back