• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC vs west brom

Top performance by us and a joy to watch.

Thought Pulis got it very wrong though. Essentially a 6-3-1 formation with Chadli and Phillips as auxiliary full backs was not the way to nullify us in our current form.

Thought Pulis got it very wrong though. Essentially a 6-3-1 formation with Chadli and Phillips as auxiliary full backs was not the way to nullify us in our current form.

he obviously didn't watch the villa game, they tried a back 6 too

Our first half display was the best i have seen from Spurs for years. Last season i never believed we were good enough to win the Prem but the improvement since then has been huge. I think we still have a way to go to actually win it but without a doubt we are progressing well.

Yes. The 7pt gap is too much. I dont see Chelsea blowing up.

If it was level and a straight scrap with 17 to go we would have a hell of a chance with our run-in and theirs. But there is no way we will not lose one match until the end of the season, so Chelsea would have to drop at least 10pts assuming we won the other 16.
Just to big of an ask.
Avoid defeat at City and Liverpool and I am very confident of another CL campaign

Yes. The 7pt gap is too much. I dont see Chelsea blowing up.

If it was level and a straight scrap with 17 to go we would have a hell of a chance with our run-in and theirs. But there is no way we will not lose one match until the end of the season, so Chelsea would have to drop at least 10pts assuming we won the other 16.
Just to big of an ask.
Avoid defeat at City and Liverpool and I am very confident of another CL campaign
Nah don't think it is a foregone conclusion yet. Chelsea have a difficult run coming up. I can see them dropping points away to Liverpool and Utd. They'll beat l'arse at the bridge because frankly they fail to turn up in big games. Still a few twists and turns to come imo. We just have to keep winning.

Nah don't think it is a foregone conclusion yet. Chelsea have a difficult run coming up. I can see them dropping points away to Liverpool and Utd. They'll beat l'arse at the bridge because frankly they fail to turn up in big games. Still a few twists and turns to come imo. We just have to keep winning.

We go to City and Liverpool in our next four. We should have a better idea of our chances after that.

Re: After Match Debate

« Reply #54 on: Yesterday at 05:00:48 PM »

That Spurs performance would have beaten any team in the league. Yes we were rubbish, but nothing we could have done in terms of line up or tactics that would have made a difference. We could have played 12 men and still got beat, they were that good!
No need for panic or depression, better to lose one game 4-0 than four games 1-0.
I reckon at least one new face by the time we play Sunderland and we'll stuff em!

xx.gif

« Reply #53 on: Yesterday at 04:56:54 PM »

Spurs blew us (and me) away today, best team weve played so far.

« Reply #54 on: Yesterday at 05:00:48 PM »

That Spurs performance would have beaten any team in the league. Yes we were rubbish, but nothing we could have done in terms of line up or tactics that would have made a difference. We could have played 12 men and still got beat, they were that good!
No need for panic or depression, better to lose one game 4-0 than four games 1-0.
I reckon at least one new face by the time we play Sunderland and we'll stuff em!

xx.gif

« Reply #53 on: Yesterday at 04:56:54 PM »

Spurs blew us (and me) away today, best team weve played so far.

Pulis's post-match interviews amused me. He opted for the "Take nothing away from Spurs, but we just weren't at it" narrative in both those I watched, rather than giving us fuller credit for hardly ever allowing them out of their half, but the mask slipped a bit during the Sky one, when he blurted out, "[We] didn't give us a chance ..." and then decided to correct the 'us' to 'ourselves' instead of the 'we' to 'they' :)

Last edited:

Absolutely. We only really struggle with a well executed high press against us, and I think the 3 at the back may have helped on that front too. Pulis should have tried to swarm us.

Absolutely. We only really struggle with a well executed high press against us, and I think the 3 at the back may have helped on that front too. Pulis should have tried to swarm us.
Wing backs was difficult for Pulis I think. His full backs need a lot of protection. Usually doubling up and defending deep against a full-back and wide midfielder pairing works well for him. But essentially doubling up against both Walker and Rose on either side left so much space for Yacob, Fletcher and Morrison to cover against a lot of our lads. They just couldn't handle it.

Too early for us to talk about the title. IMHO, the squad depth is not there. I want Pool to beat Utd and I am glad that Everton beat City. I cant stand Pep.

Some good posts in here. @paxtonwolf the Costa situation has pundits clutching at straws, maybe they could drop more points without Costa? But the greatest difference with chel$ea and united is their squad depth as you say. They have Batshuayi for example, united brought on Rooney, Matter, Felani just now to get a goal back against pool. For us, Son and Sissoko are getting close to quality squad players. If Jannsen could hit form - maybe in the cups - and with an Eriksen stand in, say Coric, we would be as good. As things stand we need Janssen and Winks to step up. Not an easy ask to become elite players over night. Our biggest strength is the team unit. If Janssen and Winks can become part of the team unit, get comfortable in it, then they can kick on. It will also take the pressure off.

Imo us winning the EL is a better bet.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Well only really struggle with a well executed high press against us, and I think the 3 at the back may have helped on that front too. Pulis should have tried to swarm us.

Coping with that will be key when we play Liverpool in a few weeks. But Poch seems to be learning game after game and I am confident we will have a plan to cope with them this time.

Just seems we have hit the groove since the CL campaign ended. Just like last season. Hopefully when it restarts in February it doesnt distract us

We weren't playing a steady team either then. Partly injuries, partly Poch rotating for CL, and partly him figuring out who should start games.

Back