• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC vs west brom

nayenezgani

Jimmy Neighbour
spurs.png
Tottenham Hotspur
VS

westbrom.png
West Brom

When: Saturday 14 January 2017

Where: White Hart Lane, London

Previous Meetings:

15 Oct 2016: West Bromwich Albion 1 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
25 Apr 2016: Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 West Bromwich Albion
5 Dec 2015: West Bromwich Albion 1 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
31 Jan 2015: West Bromwich Albion 0 - 3 Tottenham Hotspur

This season's top scorers:

Tottenham
image.php
Harry Kane 10
image.php
Dele Alli 10
image.php
Son Heung-Min 6
image.php
Christian Eriksen 5

West Brom
image.php
Salomón Rondón 7
image.php
Gareth McAuley 4
image.php
Matt Phillips 4
image.php
Nacer Chadli 4

Team Selection:

--------------------------------- Lloris ---------------------------
Walker -- Alderweireld ------- Vertonghen -- Rose
-------------------- Dembele -- Wanyama -------------
Son ---------------------------------------------------- Eriksen
--------------------------------- Alli ------------------------------
-------------------------------- Kane ----------------------------

I think we're due for a win over this shower of brick, 1 - 1 draws in our last three encounters is unacceptable. fudging Tony Pulis!

I predict a 3-1 win. Kane, Son and Alli for us and Shagger Chadders for them.

COYS!

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
They will park the bus, so we need to go attacking for this one. Rest a few defensive players (from the bench where possible too). Wimmer over Verts for aerial reasons.

-----------------Lloris

Trippier---Alder----Wimmer---Davies

-----------Winks-----Dier

--Son--------Alli---------Eriksen

-------------Kane

Subs: Vorm, Verts, Dembele, GKN, Onomah, Sissoko, Janssen

I don't know why some people think that three at the back is necessarily more defensive than 4231. I would argue that it can be more attacking as it releases our full backs to add to the attack while at the same time protecting us from the counter attack in the space behind the full backs (where we have been vulnerable in the past).

Assuming Wanny is playing defensive CM, then as long as we play a creative player in CM ( or Dembele in an advanced role) alongside him, then we are attacking with:

.......................Winks/Dembele.....................

Walker/Trips............Eriksen....................Rose

.......................................Alli....................

.................. ......Kane................................

This makes us solid defensively and fluid in attack IMO. Furthermore, it ideally suits the skill sets of the players we currently have available.

2-0 Spurs. Kane and Alli.

I don't know why some people think that three at the back is necessarily more defensive than 4231.

For us I think it is because our 3 CBs dont really push forwards and neither Wanyama or Dembele threaten the box as much as some CMs. If you then add in the fact that Rose and Walker stay wide, you really only have 3 players threatening the box/goal in central areas. Meanwhile, the base of the 3CBs and 2CMs makes you very solid defensively.

To make it more attacking, i think you need to replace Dembele with say Eriksen. I cant remember who it was against but 2-4 weeks ago we played with a back 3 and then Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli, [Son] and Kane - so we had more goal/box threat. Alternatively, if you play 4-2-3-1, you have the front 4 attacking the opposition centrally.

Our back 3 formation is similar to Cheatski - they play a back 3 and then have Matic and Kante sitting. Its not surprise that they have a great defensive record - they only have Costa, Hazard and Pedro as genuine threats to the box/goal.

I don't know why some people think that three at the back is necessarily more defensive than 4231. I would argue that it can be more attacking as it releases our full backs to add to the attack while at the same time protecting us from the counter attack in the space behind the full backs (where we have been vulnerable in the past).

Assuming Wanny is playing defensive CM, then as long as we play a creative player in CM ( or Dembele in an advanced role) alongside him, then we are attacking with:

.......................Winks/Dembele.....................

Walker/Trips............Eriksen....................Rose

.......................................Alli....................

.................. ......Kane................................

This makes us solid defensively and fluid in attack IMO. Furthermore, it ideally suits the skill sets of the players we currently have available.

2-0 Spurs. Kane and Alli.

Depends on who the full backs are

With Rose and Walker I agree but not with Davies on the left as he is too slow in comparison

For us I think it is because our 3 CBs dont really push forwards and neither Wanyama or Dembele threaten the box as much as some CMs. If you then add in the fact that Rose and Walker stay wide, you really only have 3 players threatening the box/goal in central areas. Meanwhile, the base of the 3CBs and 2CMs makes you very solid defensively.

To make it more attacking, i think you need to replace Dembele with say Eriksen. I cant remember who it was against but 2-4 weeks ago we played with a back 3 and then Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli, [Son] and Kane - so we had more goal/box threat. Alternatively, if you play 4-2-3-1, you have the front 4 attacking the opposition centrally.

Our back 3 formation is similar to Cheatski - they play a back 3 and then have Matic and Kante sitting. Its not surprise that they have a great defensive record - they only have Costa, Hazard and Pedro as genuine threats to the box/goal.

I don't disagree with you re Dembele. That's why I said I wanted him pushing forward more or replaced by Winks. My formation is therefore more 3142. This gives us 6 attacking players, but crucially width in two fast wingbacks, with adequate cover behind them. If it isn't working, one can then bring on Son or Sissy to add even more bodies up front later in the game.

I will take a 1-0 for this one gladly. And tbh, there is a high chance it might be that. Cant see many goals this weekend. But with City away next, any win by any margin almost a must, if not already

This has 1-1 written all over it. We will huff and puff and finally score after about 65 mins, which will trigger the inevitable fight back with us conceding from a set peice after 15 mins of sustained pressure. Not to mention that people now expect things from us. I'd be totally unsurprised if we draw this then beat Emirates Marketing Project.

They very rarely have an off day against us, it's rather irritating.

This has 1-1 written all over it. We will huff and puff and finally score after about 65 mins, which will trigger the inevitable fight back with us conceding from a set peice after 15 mins of sustained pressure. Not to mention that people now expect things from us. I'd be totally unsurprised if we draw this then beat Emirates Marketing Project.

They very rarely have an off day against us , it's rather irritating.

Certainly dont have them at WHL. Although we have had a couple of big win at their place in the past 5/6 years

They're definitely a tougher side this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we put 3 or 4 past them. In our first encounter this year we still hadn't clicked into form, and in the WHL match at the end of last season I think we took them a bit for granted and allowed them to wind us up. Don't see this happening again this time around, especially given the way the team has matured and also given it is hitting form and without any injuries.

Given that we could go second for 24 hours if we win this, I expect us to have about 40 shots but draw

Not so quickly after the Chelsea win. ;) I think we'll see very different things with this team - even if we do end up drawing with West Brom, I no longer think it will be a continuation of our Spursiness...at least, not to the same extent as I did before last week.

Back