• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC VS. Watford FC** FA CUP 4th Round

Spurs fans supposed to moan, boo, curse and abuse about anything. If not you are not a real Spurs fan !:mrgreen:

it was pretty grim, but no-one got booked, no-one got hurt (not that I noticed) and no-one had to work too hard to achieve the win.

but we won, so - yay!

Why do people feel sorry for Watford? Football is about scoring more goals than the opposition, and they didn't do it. Only their own fault. It's not like they were cheated by a bad ref.

As for players having to step it up to finish top 4, you mean like what we have been doing all season yeah? ](*,)

At least Foy is equally bad for both teams. He let some stuff pass that other refs would have given freekicks for. He just likes a physical approach.

VDV was in motion most of the time at least trying to make things happen. There were two categories of players playing in this match
- those who were trying but it wasn't coming off for them ->VDV, Rose, Walker, Kaboul, Dawson, Livermore
- those who weren't really trying - Defoe, Ade, Parker (yes I though he was shocking), Modric (maybe ill), Lennon

The problem is with VDV's movement if we're not playing well then it can get a bit dog chasing a car-esque, which by himself doesn't do much and knackers him out pretty quickly as well.

Poor performance, but always good to get a win.

Last night highlighted two related things for me:

1. Parker and another defensive midfielder in the centre means trouble. Seen it with Sandro before and now with Livermore. We actually did alright in the first half and at least dominated possession even if Modric played more wayward passes in 45 minutes than he's done in all the other games so far this year combined. When Modric went off and with Lennon sticking wide left in the 2nd half we were unable to keep possession and pass the ball through our midfield. We had to resort to a lot of long balls and Ade didn't make the ball stick up front, put us under a lot of pressure. Also Parker/Livermore and our defenders played quite a few risky balls that lead to chances for Watford, situations where Modric/Hudd would have most likely found much better passing options.

2. We sorely missed Ekotto. Related to the first point, but he gives us so much in our build-up play and always wants and gets the ball. No one in our backline is anywhere near as comfortable on the ball as he is. We become ridiculously easy to force into a long ball game when he's missing and we have no creative central midfielder.

Yet another glaring example of how much we rely on pace and width, and how outside of Bale and Lennon we have none.

Without proper wingers our performance was less than half of what we normally achieve.

We need proper back up - have done for a long time and my guess is will we still be left waiting come Wednesday morning.

Livermore impressed me. I have in the past written him off as not good enough. Never doubted his effort or commitment, but his quality. More and more these days his composure, awareness, touch and passing impress me a great deal.

Pienaar was crap, again. The worst of a bad bunch so its not like he is being singled out.

Livermore, Walker were the best performers. VDV, Dawson were ok. The rest were poor.

A bad day at the office, but a result, so Im happy over all.

I just hope we dont waste the opportunity to strengthen obvious frailties

Nayim, Livermore was ok, his touch from Dawson's shocking pass was a disaster and really we should have conceded from that. Walker is possession was absolutely tragic last night. Awful.

Im not saying he was better than ok, rather he was better than the rest. More an indictment of them than over praise of him.

That said it seems only fair to comment that in recent weeks his general quality has been a lot higher than I had given him credit for so I should recognise that.

Agree, I like Livermore's attitude. Seems spot on. Think he could prove to be a very useful player to have. I said previously, he seems the type that will do what his manager wants.

I thought Livermore was a player would look out of his depth in the premier league and wouldn't make more than 10 appearances for our first team, absolute maximum. Been proven wrong on both counts so far. Still don't think he'll be within the squad in 2 seasons time but he's already gone well beyond my expectations of him so fair play to him, he's doing well this season and fully deserves Redknapp's faith in him.

Well actually, according to Harry, Harry had picked Modric for the team before being then told Modric had been ill in the week. Such is the strength of communication within the management team.

Back