• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Current UEFA laws

Roberto Rosetti, the head of Uefa referees, said earlier this year that officials in the Champions League would enforce stricter decisions on handball and that an “unnatural” position of the arm could lead to a free-kick or penalty, meaning the handball does not necessarily have to be “deliberate”, despite what the laws say.

It’s a pen.
Except it didn't hit the arm! It hit his chest/shoulder. It's allowed to use the shoulder. If his arm is down his side, and the ball hit the exact same spot, it's never given. And it should not have been a penalty in this instance either. The direction his arm is pointing is of no relevance.

Ok, maybe.

Then it’s a brick rule which somehow deemed that it wasn’t handball against Alexander-Arnold against Porto, the same night Rose was penalized against City.

Handball:
View attachment 6762

Not handball:
View attachment 6763

The thing is though, it hit Sissoko, and rolled/bobbled down his arm, and clearly changed direction because of it. It does seem a bit up in the air what is given as a pen and what isn't, but there have been a lot of these types of pens awarded this season and seasons before it. I think it's ridiculous that stuff like this is a pen, but they seem to be relatively consistent in giving these (didn't see the Arnold one before).

I thought overall we were the better side yesterday, but ultimately just didn't create enough, Pool kept us at bay, van Dijk bossing it.

Did anyone else notice Milner taking corners while the ball not really being inside the little quarter circle thing for corners? It really looked like the ball wasn't even on the line. He did that just before their second goal as well. No practical difference, I suppose, but I found it odd that he was allowed to do it many times over.

I was bitter yesterday, but would've been fuming if we had a better game ourselves. It was largely a pretty boring match of football. Not a lot of chances for either side. I didn't even notice Kane being on the pitch. Don't want to single anyone out though, proud of the boys for reaching the final, and again, I actually thought we were the better side yesterday - margins in football. Hadn't we conceded that early pen or had we gotten an equalizer, then who knows ...

We'll be back.

Except it didn't hit the arm! It hit his chest/shoulder. It's allowed to use the shoulder. If his arm is down his side, and the ball hit the exact same spot, it's never given. And it should not have been a penalty in this instance either. The direction his arm is pointing is of no relevance.

Hit both.

The direction of his arm is relevant as it’s not the body’s natural silhouette.

I don’t agree with the rule, but under it it’s a pen.

This post from Reddit sums up some of my feelings pretty well, particularly after watching the footage above:

"fudge every last person who says the players don't care or didn't try.

This video shows the empathy that professionals have for each other. Think rival fans are often too mean-spirited to each other and to the players... I'm certainly guilty of it. Don't think we understand what is truly put into it, but you see the players always backing each other.

Klopp knows exactly how they all feel because he's felt it himself...he's definitely one of the good ones. It was good to see him come over to Son."

Milner was placing the ball outside the line at corners as a tactic to waste time. Doing it with the expectation that he’ll be told to move it again and eat up seconds. But the officials were so brick that they didn’t even notice.

This post from Reddit sums up some of my feelings pretty well, particularly after watching the footage above:

"fudge every last person who says the players don't care or didn't try.

This video shows the empathy that professionals have for each other. Think rival fans are often too mean-spirited to each other and to the players... I'm certainly guilty of it. Don't think we understand what is truly put into it, but you see the players always backing each other.

Klopp knows exactly how they all feel because he's felt it himself...he's definitely one of the good ones. It was good to see him come over to Son."

I don’t think anyone has said they don’t care/try

People are saying they didn’t show up which is a big difference.

I don’t think anyone has said they don’t care/try

People are saying they didn’t show up which is a big difference.

In addition it that, how did we not show up? We basically controlled the game for the majority and were one clinical finish away from taking it to extra time. How is that not showing up?

In addition it that, how did we not show up? We basically controlled the game for the majority and were one clinical finish away from taking it to extra time. How is that not showing up?

Trippier losing his man after 30 seconds isn’t the best start.

Liverpool where happy to let us have the ball in the midfield as we didn’t create anything and the backwards/sideways passing wasn’t hurting them.

Front three really created next to nothing, if anything - nowhere near what they are capable of doing.

Trippier losing his man after 30 seconds isn’t the best start.

Liverpool where happy to let us have the ball in the midfield as we didn’t create anything and the backwards/sideways passing wasn’t hurting them.

Front three really created next to nothing, if anything.

16 shots, 8 on target. 8 saves from Allison. How is that next to nothing? Get some perspective.

16 shots, 8 on target. 8 saves from Allison. How is that next to nothing? Get some perspective.

Yeah, you also have to take into consideration that they are on of the best defensive teams in the country/world, and them going 1-0 that early and basically just having to defend for the remainder of the game didn't exactly help our cause. They made it very difficult for us going forward, but as you say, we still had 8 shots on target - and even won the xG (if you take away the pen). A bit more rub of the green for us, and it's a different game - the pen right at the beginning was a massive blow for our game.

They were all easy saves though, straight at him, story of our season.

The one good opportunity we had in the box fell to Moura and he scuffed it straight to the keeper.

Eriksen worked a great opening outside the box in the first half only to fudge it up and clear the lower tier.

Both of those chances need to be taken in CL finals.

I thought Son was worthy of inclusion in the MOM. Only player to take the attack to them. Nothing came of it, and with no Son listed will have to be Roseor Winks.

They were all easy saves though, straight at him, story of our season.

The one good opportunity we had in the box fell to Moura and he scuffed it straight to the keeper.

Eriksen worked a great opening outside the box in the first half only to fudge it up and clear the lower tier.

Both of those chances need to be taken in CL finals.

The 3 biggest chances we had happened when we countered with speed - the 3-3 in the first half which ended with the over hit pass

The 4-3 which ended with us passing the wrong way to Winks

Another 4-3 which ended with Allis chip shot.

Back